Libya Thread Part Deux

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/18/pete-santilli-hillary-clinton_n_3299247.html

"Hillary Clinton needs to be convicted. She needs to be tried, convicted and shot in the vagina," Santilli said, Right Wing Watch reports. "I want to pull the trigger."

Santilli criticized Clinton over the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. consultate in Benghazi, Libya. He also slammed Clinton over what he called "the fake hunt down of this Obama bin Laden thing"

http://www.huffingto..._n_3299247.html

"Hillary Clinton needs to be convicted. She needs to be tried, convicted and shot in the vagina," Santilli said, Right Wing Watch reports. "I want to pull the trigger."

Santilli criticized Clinton over the Sept. 11, 2012 attack on the U.S. consultate in Benghazi, Libya. He also slammed Clinton over what he called "the fake hunt down of this Obama bin Laden thing"

Santilli even extended his vitriolic criticism towards President Obama as well, saying, "Barack Obama needs to be tried, convicted, and shot for crimes against the United States of America, and if anybody has a problem with that, then you are an enemy of our state."

I'd say that in this case, he might actually get a visit from the Secret Service who might come and take is guns (and him away).

Truely crazy.

For what it is worth, was this primarily a CIA mission or a State Dept mission. I hear something like 23 out of 25 were CIA staff. Seems like security was a CIA matter.

Doesn't matter if it was the girl scouts, we didn't need to have assets in the region...

For what it is worth, was this primarily a CIA mission or a State Dept mission. I hear something like 23 out of 25 were CIA staff. Seems like security was a CIA matter.

Doesn't matter if it was the girl scouts, we didn't need to have assets in the region...

Really? Why?

Really? Why?

because we have no dog in that fight...

We need to stop being the world's policeman. This type of thing is what the U.N. was designed for. Thats why we need to have nothing to do with Syria.

Just thinking about this, do you think we needed CIA assets in Libya, and why?

Actually, I believe we should have CIA assets in Libya. What we probably didn't need there was an embassy fully staffed with limited security.

We need CIA anywhere in the world where there is a possible threat to the US. Every middle east country pretty much falls into that category in my mind as long as Islamic terrorists are a threat to our country. I think it was in the 90s, congress and the President drastically limited what type of relationships our spy program could have around the world when they are trying to gather intel. While it was well intended, this type of work is done with not nice people. This drastically limited the work the CIA can do.

A prime example of this is Iraq. How much more information would we have on their suspected WMD programs if we had CIA agents in the country working under cover and gathering information? Instead, it seemed like we were relying on other country's intelligence agencies to tell us what is going on.

It was known for a long time that Bin Laden wanted to attack the US. Could we have prevented 9/11 if we would have been able to have assets close to Bin Laden?

This isn't "being the world police". I am totally against that. This is having reliable information from people on the ground in areas where threats are generated.

Actually, I believe we should have CIA assets in Libya. What we probably didn't need there was an embassy fully staffed with limited security.

We need CIA anywhere in the world where there is a possible threat to the US. Every middle east country pretty much falls into that category in my mind as long as Islamic terrorists are a threat to our country. I think it was in the 90s, congress and the President drastically limited what type of relationships our spy program could have around the world when they are trying to gather intel. While it was well intended, this type of work is done with not nice people. This drastically limited the work the CIA can do.

A prime example of this is Iraq. How much more information would we have on their suspected WMD programs if we had CIA agents in the country working under cover and gathering information? Instead, it seemed like we were relying on other country's intelligence agencies to tell us what is going on.

It was known for a long time that Bin Laden wanted to attack the US. Could we have prevented 9/11 if we would have been able to have assets close to Bin Laden?

If we're gonna have CIA assets in places like Libya, we need the old school "no f*ckin' around" C.I.A., not the new kinder, gentler C.I.A.

Santilli even extended his vitriolic criticism towards President Obama as well, saying, "Barack Obama needs to be tried, convicted, and shot for crimes against the United States of America, and if anybody has a problem with that, then you are an enemy of our state."

I'd say that in this case, he might actually get a visit from the Secret Service who might come and take is guns (and him away).

Truely crazy.

As long and the ends justify the means, who gives a crap about 1st amendment rights?

Truely crazy.

As long and the ends justify the means, who gives a crap about 1st amendment rights?

Threatening the President with violence is a felony. It's not protected by the Constitution.

• Fire 1

If we're gonna have CIA assets in places like Libya, we need the old school "no f*ckin' around" C.I.A., not the new kinder, gentler C.I.A.

Can't disagree.

Truely crazy.

Threatening the President with violence is a felony. It's not protected by the Constitution.

Pretty sure he didn't threaten the president.

Can't disagree.

I mean, if we've got the old C.I.A. out there, that people are afraid of, that has our enemies looking over their shoulders, then hell yeah,...

It is complete idiocy to think the CIA can do what they are supposed to do with the restrictions that have been put on them.

Pretty sure he didn't threaten the president.

Proud of you...

I hope for the President's sake that you are right. He did say he needs to be shot.