Libya Thread Part Deux

You figured it out. :thumbs

I am a little curious that you (apparently) know all of the facts about this individual's day to day actions. It's not you . . . is it?

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you disagree with the message?

How'd you come up with that?

The guy said something stupid on the radio. It wasn't illegal. But, you keep hinting that it may be. Why?

Yikes.

?

I guess Lybia could become a democratic model in a region struggling to overcome generations of authoritarianism or a safe haven for Al Qaeda operations hell bent of attacking Americans. You choose.

I want what you're smoking...

As for the safe haven for AQ operations, we don't need assets there to monitor them. What is needed from the C.I.A. is a more aggressive stance against AQ and other terrorist factions, instead of sitting back and reacting to what they do...

The Secret Service is following up on recent comments by right wing radio host Pete Santilli, who claimed to want to shoot former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the vagina and see President Obama tried and shot for treason.

"We are aware of Mr. Santilli's comments and will take the appropriate follow up action," Edwin M. Donovan, a Secret Service spokesperson, told TPM on Monday. "He certainly has a right to free speech, but the Secret Service has a right and an obligation to determine what a person's intent is when making comments like this."

http://tpmdc.talking...clinton.php?m=1

ALMOST sounds like the Secret Service isn't as convinced about the legality of these comments as some in this thread... ;)

I guess Lybia could become a democratic model in a region struggling to overcome generations of authoritarianism or a safe haven for Al Qaeda operations hell bent of attacking Americans. You choose.

As for the safe haven for AQ operations, we don't need assets there to monitor them. What is needed from the C.I.A. is a more aggressive stance against AQ and other terrorist factions, instead of sitting back and reacting to what they do...

Someone is off base here. Is it you are me?

I post I made was supposed to have a link. "Lybia could become a democratic model in a region struggling to overcome generations of authoritarianism". (As you an see in the Gun Control thread, my browser seems to be having issues with the formating tool in this BBS software.)

So the comment that made you suggest I must be on drugs is straight from an editorial written by 3 non-partisan experts on Lybia.

I post I made was supposed to have a link. "Lybia could become a democratic model in a region struggling to overcome generations of authoritarianism". (As you an see in the Gun Control thread, my browser seems to be having issues with the formating tool in this BBS software.)

So the comment that made you suggest I must be on drugs is straight from an editorial written by 3 non-partisan experts on Lybia.

No, you're on drugs...

Folks in that part of the world, have hated each other for centuries, and if you think that us having CIA assets in that part of the world is going to help, you've lost your ever loving mind...

• Fire 1
The Secret Service is following up on recent comments by right wing radio host Pete Santilli, who claimed to want to shoot former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the vagina and see President Obama tried and shot for treason.

"We are aware of Mr. Santilli's comments and will take the appropriate follow up action," Edwin M. Donovan, a Secret Service spokesperson, told TPM on Monday. "He certainly has a right to free speech, but the Secret Service has a right and an obligation to determine what a person's intent is when making comments like this."

http://tpmdc.talking...clinton.php?m=1

ALMOST sounds like the Secret Service isn't as convinced about the legality of these comments as some in this thread... ;)

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/62133-libya-thread-part-deux/page__view__findpost__p__1161247

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2011/07/19/09-50529.pdf

It's not like they haven't done this before.

No, you're on drugs...

Folks in that part of the world, have hated each other for centuries, and if you think that us having CIA assets in that part of the world is going to help, you've lost your ever loving mind...

Well, where's the verbose reply from Captain Current Events???

No, you're on drugs...

Well, where's the verbose reply from Captain Current Events???

No need. You are free to have what opinions you choose. If I were to attempt to convince you. it would be a pointless and futile effort.

Ronald Reagan understood that national security is maintained by want we and others do outside the us. "There was a time when we depended on coastal forts and artillery batteries, because, with the weaponry of that day, any attack would have had to come by sea. Well, this is a different world" RR. From that same speech in 1983, he addressed threats in Yemen and other Northern Africa nations.

Smart, rational people understand that operations against the US are created, planned and made 'operational' in other parts of the world where terrorist groups are free to operate and have access to weapons that facilitate their objectives.

You my friend, are free to believe whatever you choose.

God Bless America.

• 1 month later...

ssa offered to let the two men behind the investigation into the attacks, former Ambassador Thomas Pickering and Adm. Michael Mullen, testify before his committee next week. But the California Republican made the request for a date on which both men had already told GOP Oversight staff they would be unavailable, according to letters exchanged between the parties and obtained by POLITICO.

Now, neither Pickering nor Mullen, who first offered to sit for a public hearing in May and sat for closed-door depositions in June, will be able to testify before September, according to correspondence between Issa’s staff and Mullen’s attorney.

Issa’s office pointed to scheduling conflicts as the reason for the delay.

http://www.politico....4386.html?hp=r1

I can't imagine why Issa would suddenly lose interest and not want these people to testify about BENGHAZI!

Heh.

ssa offered to let the two men behind the investigation into the attacks, former Ambassador Thomas Pickering and Adm. Michael Mullen, testify before his committee next week. But the California Republican made the request for a date on which both men had already told GOP Oversight staff they would be unavailable, according to letters exchanged between the parties and obtained by POLITICO.

Now, neither Pickering nor Mullen, who first offered to sit for a public hearing in May and sat for closed-door depositions in June, will be able to testify before September, according to correspondence between Issa’s staff and Mullen’s attorney.

Issa’s office pointed to scheduling conflicts as the reason for the delay.

http://www.politico....4386.html?hp=r1

I can't imagine why Issa would suddenly lose interest and not want these people to testify about BENGHAZI!

Heh.

Four Americans are de.... Oh hey look, a shiny object...

Four Americans are de.... Oh hey look, a shiny object...

2kPCf5t.png

I don't care who ya are, that's funny. (well as funny as graphing casualties can be anyway)

a) not funny, especially the guys that died in Iraq

b) that is a subjective graph... how many guys died during Obama's administration, Clinton's administration, papa Bush, and Reagan??