Recent Derp Punishment

macroboy

Dear Mods,

I appreciate the recent attempts to rescue the board from derp hell.

I do want to say that Decked getting a 7 day suspension for what he said in the Christian Lacoutre thread is over the top. Especially when ndobney got 3 days for what could be a lifetime ban.

Also, someone used the term 'gay ass ponies' in the Lacoutre thread which SHOULD be more offensive than what Decked said and no one batted an eye. I'm not saying ban the person that said it, just seems to be some un-eveness.

To review:

Thank you for what you do and for trying to clean up the board.

Ndobney punishment too light

DeckedinBlack too harsh.

Things somewhat inconsistent

Do with this as you will.

My apologies if someone already said this and I didn't see it.

• Fire 1

OK. I thought that the mod that banned Decked said this was also a place to bring these things up. I'll use that next time.

Yeah, this place is fine, too. If you want to send Eric the Red a PM about it, it may reach him quicker.

But - thank you for the feedback. Consistency is something we strive for, but it can't always line up, of course. Keep in mind that when we take moderator actions, we do so not to dole out punishment, but rather, to keep the board clean and let people know what's OK and not. Usually (and I'm not commenting on these cases specifically), unless it's an egregious first-time offense (which are given some more leniency), vacation time won't be given unless there have been repeated warnings. Then we may look at it and say, "OK, a stronger message needs to be given."

Again, it's great that you are raising these concerns to us, in whatever form. We rely for the most part on a community that has over the years been exceptionally good at self-moderating. You guys are the best ;) And it makes our jobs much easier.

AR, knapp and zoogies discovered that the reporting system wasn't sending any of us notifications of reports being filed within the system. That has apparently been repaired since I've seen a flood of reports in the last week or so.

I don't play favorites; I hate all of you :D:D j/k. We try to corral the obvious trolls and members that just don't seem to understand the rulz. But on the other hand we don't patrol the whole board and when a member sees something that's where the report function is very important.

The members are the most important part of the board and we appreciate everyone's input and concern for the health of this extraordinary HUSKER board.

Rawhide

AR, knapp and zoogies discovered that the reporting system wasn't sending any of us notifications of reports being filed within the system. That has apparently been repaired since I've seen a flood of reports in the last week or so.

I don't play favorites; I hate all of you :D:D j/k. We try to corral the obvious trolls and members that just don't seem to understand the rulz. But on the other hand we don't patrol the whole board and when a member sees something that's where the report function is very important.

The members are the most important part of the board and we appreciate everyone's input and concern for the health of this extraordinary HUSKER board.

Rawhide

They fixed the problem so all the reports go to you, you slacker! chuckleshuffle