Finishing Strong - the last three games

knapplc

Someone said I lost my faith in this team. Don't think I have. Going in to the season I thought we would lose 5 games which includes the bowl game. We have musturd enough miracles from the continual breakdowns and stupid mistakes which is a credit to TM. I am just tired of hearing about all the mistakes that are easily correctable being played out the following Saturday.. It is 5 years later for goodness sakes. I am just frustrated to see greatness ... wasted. The B1G is so weak and rather then dominate and build toward championships and better recruiting we are wallowing with the lowly.

Didn't expect much this season and then got excited with TM play, our RB's and WR's ... all to be reduced by the same stupid crap.

My post was a satire of what seems like a finish to the season from my frustrated perspective. :-)

I do not advocate lack of confidence... but they should not be confident either...

What I mean is this... confidence comes from having a string of impressive victories where you have played well, played intensely, played against good teams who are also playing well... and you keep winning. NU has done none of these things. They should not think they have accomplished virtually anything... because they have not. They have shown grit and toughness... and that is good. But they still have not played a solid complete game against a team that played well all year.

Yet... they find themselves in a position to potentially win a championship in the B1G --- they should be fired up to prove that they are worthy of winning a championship.

An aside... but one that provides context. I live in Pac12 country and the four football fans who have commented to me (knowing I am a Husker fan) all contend that NU would not fare well (actually would have little to chance) against Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford or USC --- were they to play in a bowl game. The point... apart from hardcore Huskers fans like us... NU has not convinced essentially anyone that they are really any good.

So... the team needs to realize that confidence is not the response... anger, a chip on their shoulders and determination to prove that they are a competitive team... that is what they need.

If they think they have proven anything (yet)... they are sadly mistaken.

Is one of their names "PurpleDrank?"

An aside... but one that provides context. I live in Pac12 country and the four football fans who have commented to me (knowing I am a Husker fan) all contend that NU would not fare well (actually would have little to chance) against Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford or USC --- were they to play in a bowl game.

Who gives a damn if we convince anyone we're good? I'm supposed to care what Pac-12 fans think of Nebraska? I don't give a damn what Big Ten fans think of Nebraska, let alone anyone from any other conference.

Nobody has to come here telling us we have flaws. We know. We watch the games. We see the penalties, the turnovers, the missed blocks, the kicking game, the bumbling and the confusion. We know. But there is absolutely zero reason why we cannot feel good about being 7-2 and leading our division - no matter how we got here.

This fan base is bizarre. There are those who will not let go of the 90s, who think we are (or should be, or will be soon) that team again. Then there are those for whom nothing is better than to wallow in the muck and mire of our flaws. We're not that bad, either. We're somewhere in the middle - a team with the fourth-most wins all-time, but who's had four or more losses nine of the last ten years.

We're not great right now, and a lot of times we're not even good. But for God's sake, when someone says something good about the program, there is no virtue in immediately jumping in to point out how bad we are. This is a site for Husker fans, after all.

And, besides, who cares what someboby else from another conference says ........ it's only words and no proof what-so-ever of guaranteed outcome. I can say So Miss could beat Oregon right now. You'd call me crazy, but crazier things have happened in college football. You must actually play the game to decide the victor !!!

Iowa will roll over. Minnesota won't have any choice but to roll over. Neither team is any good. I'll get more in-depth with their stats and seasons as we get closer to those games, but believe me - they are not going to beat us. We may still beat ourselves, but they won't beat get the job done.

ISU was often not any good and they gave NU fits.

But I agree, IA and MN need NU to beat itself. Which I think we can agree remains a distinct possibility based on history.

But first, PSU.

Iowa will roll over. Minnesota won't have any choice but to roll over. Neither team is any good. I'll get more in-depth with their stats and seasons as we get closer to those games, but believe me - they are not going to beat us. We may still beat ourselves, but they won't beat get the job done.

ISU was often not any good and they gave NU fits.

But I agree, IA and MN need NU to beat itself. Which I think we can agree remains a distinct possibility based on history.

But first, PSU.

Iowa has no chance, even if we give them the ball 4 times on 50 yard line. Their receivers can't catch a ball if their lives depend on it, and Vandenburg gets so frustrated with them, he starts to over throw and under throw them. There is no chemistry there with that team, and they don't believe in their QB, and visa versa. I would be more afraid of Iowa if they started a new QB, but Ferentz is set that Vandenburg is the best chance of having a W. Their run game is completely laughable without Mark Weisman, but you need more than one player to hurt you, and who knows how healthy he will be come November 23rd.

Penn State could beat us because of that defense.

Iowa cannot beat us.

Minnesota cannot beat us.

Neither team is worth half a crap. We should roll both, quite easily.

However, to the point, Nebraska could beat Nebraska while playing Iowa. Nebraska could beat Nebraska while playing Minnesota. That's more than fair to say. But as far as either having the weapons to beat us, if we're playing like we did against Northwestern, Michigan or Sparty - no. Not going to happen.

Do you mean this literally or in the sense that we would have to beat ourselves to lose? I hate to say it, but when I think of the Gophers this year, I think of ISU a few years back, Tejas a few years back, NW last year....

Do you mean this literally or in the sense that we would have to beat ourselves to lose? I hate to say it, but when I think of the Gophers this year, I think of ISU a few years back, Tejas a few years back, NW last year....

Penn State could beat us because of that defense.

Iowa cannot beat us.

Minnesota cannot beat us.

Neither team is worth half a crap. We should roll both, quite easily.

However, to the point, Nebraska could beat Nebraska while playing Iowa. Nebraska could beat Nebraska while playing Minnesota. That's more than fair to say. But as far as either having the weapons to beat us, if we're playing like we did against Northwestern, Michigan or Sparty - no. Not going to happen.