Osborne - Nebraska/Oklahoma agreement "in principle" reached

knapplc

Man, woman and child, that’s going to be some anniversary party in 2021.

Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said on Monday that NU has agreed “in principle” to play Oklahoma in a home-and-home series. The contracts aren’t signed, but that’s expected to be a formality, as both sides want it to happen, Osborne said.

Sources at NU say the first game likely will be played in Norman, Okla., in 2021 — the 50th anniversary of the 1971 “Game of the Century,” also played at Owen Field. Then it’s back to Lincoln in 2022.

Osborne, who steps down as A.D. on Jan. 1, 2013, said this was something he wanted to have done before he left. What a perfect capper to his stint as athletic director.

Other future football games are expected to be announced soon. Sources say NU has spoken with Colorado officials about a series, but no word if anything was finalized.

LINK

I would honestly love to have our old punching bag Mizzou in our schedule sometime down the road. They think they are hot stuff joining the SEC, we should show them they aren't any different lol. Sorry for my dislike for them, Gary Pinkel and TJ Moe has taken full credit for that.

I get the dislike for Pinkie, but why TJ Moe?

I would honestly love to have our old punching bag Mizzou in our schedule sometime down the road. They think they are hot stuff joining the SEC, we should show them they aren't any different lol. Sorry for my dislike for them, Gary Pinkel and TJ Moe has taken full credit for that.

TJ Moe was the one talking Nebraska was pathetic before the game. Just a huge trash talker. He has also made the same statements on talking to the media that Kansas is a "Garbage" team. The kid has no respect, and his coach allows it.

TJ Moe "Nebraska always thinks they're getting screwed"

http://qctimes.com/missouri-s-t-j-moe/vmix_2e82610c-1176-11e0-9176-001cc4c002e0.html

TJ Moe was the one talking Nebraska was pathetic before the game. Just a huge trash talker. He has also made the same statements on talking to the media that Kansas is a "Garbage" team. The kid has no respect, and his coach allows it.

Good enough for me! :thumbs