Bloomberg Bans Food Donations to Homeless Shelters

The next part in tschu's continuing series on nearly incomprehensible stupidity comes from New York, recently ravaged by hurricane (superstorm, w/e) Sandy.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg has done something so mind-boggling that blood may shoot out your nose just thinking about it.

He has banned the donation of food to homeless shelters.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/bloomberg-strikes-again-nyc-bans-food-donations-to-the-homeless/

The reason: Because the city can't assess the salt and fiber content of some of the food donated. That's right, we can't give the starving people this food because it might have a few too many milligrams of sodium! The horror!

I'm totally down for food being as safe as possible at these places, but seriously...come on. And this comes from a guy who was voted to lead the greatest city in the country. Shaking my head, Bloomberg, shaking my head.

• Fire 1

The next part in tschu's continuing series on nearly incomprehensible stupidity comes from New York, recently ravaged by hurricane (superstorm, w/e) Sandy.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg has done something so mind-boggling that blood may shoot out your nose just thinking about it.

He has banned the donation of food to homeless shelters.

http://newyork.cbslo...o-the-homeless/

The reason: Because the city can't assess the salt and fiber content of some of the food donated. That's right, we can't give the starving people this food because it might have a few too many milligrams of sodium! The horror!

I'm totally down for food being as safe as possible at these places, but seriously...come on. And this comes from a guy who was voted to lead the greatest city in the country. Shaking my head, Bloomberg, shaking my head.

This goes hand and hand with his don't feed the homeless people on the street. -1 for you Mayor Bloomberg. d******d. :facepalm: