Fox News "Scandals!"

The title might not be perfect . . . but I've been thinking about Benghazi in context of the other so called scandals pushed by conservative media.

Solyndra: Endlessly hyped . . . no evidence of White House wrongdoing.

Fast and Furious: Endlessly hyped . . . no evidence of White House wrongdoing.

Benghazi: Endlessly hyped . . . as of right now no evidence of White House wrongdoing. (We'll see what these hearings unearth.)

It seems like a certain segment of the media really, really wants to find something to blame on Obama. Honestly I'm a little surprised that they haven't been more successful. We'll see how "Benghazi-gate" or whatever they hype next works out.

Fox News is conservative and MSNBC is liberal. They balance each other out. The news networks have their agendas, and it is tiring to watch.

it is not the bias most people take issue with. it is the dishonesty, lack of context, and misrepresentations.

The purpose of Fox News is to tell conservatives what they want to hear. The purpose of MSNBC is to tell liberals what they want to hear.

All news networks lie, misrepresent, and frame issues to support their side. Fox News isn't any different.

Fox News is conservative and MSNBC is liberal. They balance each other out. The news networks have their agendas, and it is tiring to watch.

it is not the bias most people take issue with. it is the dishonesty, lack of context, and misrepresentations.

The purpose of Fox News is to tell conservatives what they want to hear. The purpose of MSNBC is to tell liberals what they want to hear.

All news networks lie, misrepresent, and frame issues to support their side. Fox News isn't any different.

you really do not think there is a fundamental difference between being biased with the type of stories you cover and how you cover them? there is bias and then there is misinformation and disinformation.

Both Fox and MSNBC are pathetic excuses of "news" networks. Both tear down America's ability to have a well balanced and educated populace.

I wouldn't call the three situations listed below as "scandals".

The title might not be perfect . . . but I've been thinking about Benghazi in context of the other so called scandals pushed by conservative media.

Solyndra: Endlessly hyped . . . no evidence of White House wrongdoing.Not a scandal. It's just stupidity that ended in a waste of millions of dollars of tax payer money. But, of course the supporters will not accept the stupidity.

Fast and Furious: Endlessly hyped . . . no evidence of White House wrongdoing. Not a scandal. Stupidity that ended in the death of Americans. But, of course the White House will come out clean.

Benghazi: Endlessly hyped . . . as of right now no evidence of White House wrongdoing. (We'll see what these hearings unearth.) Not necessarily a scandal (I don't care about the affairs). But, there needs to be one hell of a lot of investigating and find out exactly what all happened. I am not ruling out the White House doing wrong.

It seems like a certain segment of the media really, really wants to find something to blame on Obama. Honestly I'm a little surprised that they haven't been more successful. We'll see how "Benghazi-gate" or whatever they hype next works out.

What I find more interesting is that a certain segment of the voters refuse to accept that this President/administration has made mistakes and has done some stupid things.

I also find it interesting that everything like this, the supporters and the administration all claim things like this happen well below the President. BUT, any little good thing that happens he is standing there taking credit for. Well, if the good things are the result of his actions, then why isn't the bad things that happen within his government?

What I find more interesting is that a certain segment of the voters refuse to accept that this President/administration has made mistakes and has done some stupid things.

I definitely think that Obama has done some stupid things and has made mistakes.

I also find it interesting that everything like this, the supporters and the administration all claim things like this happen well below the President.

When the available evidence shows that things occurred well below the President I would tend to agree.

BUT, any little good thing that happens he is standing there taking credit for. Well, if the good things are the result of his actions, then why isn't the bad things that happen within his government?

There are some good things that he should absolutely take credit for. There are also some good things that happened on his watch that didn't happen as a result of his actions.

I agree that we can't have it both ways. I'll give credit and/or assign blame on a case by case basis.

you really do not think there is a fundamental difference between being biased with the type of stories you cover and how you cover them? there is bias and then there is misinformation and disinformation.

Are you trying to say that Fox News is the only news network that puts out misinformation?

Are you trying to say that Fox News is the only news network that puts out misinformation?

no, but are you saying that if one news network puts out misinformation, it makes it ok for everyone to? but i do think fox is the most egregious and msnbc is a straw-man that is used to somehow exonerate fox news of all of its fault. what would fox fans do without msnbc? a relatively irrelevant news organization. i also think that when fox does do news, it does a fine job. it is the fox and friends and primetime shows that act like news journalist when they are just yellow journalists and sensationalists.

no, but are you saying that if one news network puts out misinformation, it makes it ok for everyone to? but i do think fox is the most egregious and msnbc is a straw-man that is used to somehow exonerate fox news of all of its fault. what would fox fans do without msnbc? a relatively irrelevant news organization. i also think that when fox does do news, it does a fine job. it is the fox and friends and primetime shows that act like news journalist when they are just yellow journalists and sensationalists.

I'm saying that all news networks lie and put out misinformation. They each have an audience that they cater to, and they do and say what they have to in order to maintain their viewership. I'm not saying that that behavior is OK, I'm merely saying that that behavior is common among all networks, not just Fox News.

MSNBC doctored the George Zimmerman 911 call, mislabeled his race, and turned a random shooting into a hate crime and a national news event. I wouldn't call that the work of a "relatively irrelevant news network."

I'm saying that all news networks lie and put out misinformation. They each have an audience that they cater to, and they do and say what they have to in order to maintain their viewership. I'm not saying that that behavior is OK, I'm merely saying that that behavior is common among all networks, not just Fox News.

fair enough, but i think there is a difference between being biased and using disinformation for an agenda.

fair enough, but i think there is a difference between being biased and using disinformation for an agenda.

I added more to my post above.

And I agree that there is a difference between bias and using disinformation to push an agenda, and I think that Fox News and MSNBC are the finest examples of the latter in action.

I added more to my post above.

And I agree that there is a difference between bias and using disinformation to push an agenda, and I think that Fox News and MSNBC are the finest examples of the latter in action.

i agree with you. and you brought up a good example. i really am not an msnbc apologist because i do not watch much of it (i only watch one program on it). i just think fox is more damaging and its operation of disinformation is more systemic. however, i do not watch fox news anymore, anyway.