What I think our Divisions should look like

Yes. East/West is the way to go now here.

East:

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Purdue

Indiana

Rutgers

Maryland

West:

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Michigan State

Iowa

Northwestern

Illinois

Minnesota

This looks to be pretty good. It means by most years. Ohio St/Michigan final game will determine who goes to the Big 10 championship game. Kick Iowa out and insert Nebraska/Wisconsin final game of the year.

What I'd expect is this:

Whisky to the "Legends"

Rutgers and Maryland to the "Leaders"

Cross rivalries remain.

then a 6 year, 2 team rotation between the remaining cross division:

So....

2014 and 15

Penn St (cross rivalry) Rutgers and Purdue

2016 and 17

Penn St, Indiana and Maryland

2018 and 19

Penn State, Ohio St and Illinios

and then repeat the process.

The down side to this is the (Whisky vs tOSU) as well as the (tOSU vs Huskers) games wouldn't occur as often but... there stands a chance of meeting every year in the championship. Also, "the" game for the BIG is now and will always be "Mich vs tOSU"... the way it currently is these two teams could possibly play back to back games and I'm not sure the BIG wants that so one might speculate that Mich moves to the Leaders and Illinios moves to the Legends..

That places Michigan and Ohio State in one division and Nebraska and Wisconsin in the other division. It would also open the door for MSU and Michigan to play for the title in the BIG Championship and that has to be something that both schools would like, yes?

So the 2014 schedule could look like this:

Florida Atlantic

Fresno State

Miami

Leaders - Rutgers

Leaders - Purdue

Legends - Whisky

Legends - Minn

Legends - Mich St

Cross Rivalry - Penn St

Legends - Northwestern

Legends - Michigan (or Illinios if changed but doubtful)

Legends - Iowa

Championship Game

With the addition of Rutgers and Maryland next year the divisions are obviously going to change.

But I don't think we have to remain standard in their formations and how they play out.

I believe that the B1G looking to take the conference to another level, and here is how I'd like to see it play out.

2 Divisions (East/West) Legends and Leaders, I don't really care anymore.

4 sub divisions of three teams a piece

2 float teams (last years division winners)

West 1

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

West 2

Northwestern

Michigan State

Illinois

Nebraska Floats (assuming 2012 division winners)

East 1

Michigan

Rutgers

Purdue

East 2

Maryland

Penn State

Indiana

Ohio State Floats (already determined 2012 division winners)

The way I would like to see it. Is the Division winners should play each other week 1 a "true" neutral site, and then would play all teams who finished 3-10 during the last season.

Each conference schedule should be created just prior to the season starts. Non-con remains the same.

The bottom feeders will have the easiest schedules to play to promote the most teams possible making them bowl eligible.

Each team play the two teams in their sub division first, two in each of the other sub divisions totaling 8 conference games.

The home and away games would be determined only by where you played that team last.

There are obviously lots of other issues with doing it this way, but its a thought

I like the notion of the two division winners squaring off. But I think the bolded part would cause all sorts of logistics problems. Probably insurmountable logistics problems.

Just slide Wisconsin over to the Legends division. Add Maryland and Rutgers to Leaders. Stop the cross rivalry game with PSU. Done.

I say move Wiscy & Illinois to legends - move Michigan to leaders. End the cross div rival game. this allows the sacred OSU/Mich game to continue. I think Huskers and Wisky will develop a natural rivalry - call it the Big Red Trophy. Our trophy game wt Iowa will be one sided for many years to come.

• Fire 3

Group 1

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minny

Group 2

Michigan

MSU

Northwestern

Illinios

Group 3

Ohio State

Indiana

UVA (or whatever other team we get)

UNC (or whatever other team we get)

Group 4

PSU

Rutgers

Maryland

purdue

9 conf games per year. group 1 and 2 play each other for 2 years, with each school have one protected corssover per group (for groups 3 and 4). Every 2 years, they change to another group and play 2 protect corssovers (from other two groups they arent paired up for that year).

Essentailly 4 protected cross overs, and play the other 9 teams twice every 6 years.

Our schedule for year one and two...

Play all of group 1 and 2 teams, plus one prtected crossover from group 3 and 4 (PSU and OSU)

Our schedule for year 3 and 4....

Play all of group 1 and 3 teams, plus one protected crossover from group 2 and 4 (NW and OSU)

Our schedule for year 5 and 6....

Play all of group 1 and 4 teams, plus one protected crossover from group 2 and 3 (NW and PSU)

Group 1

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minny

Group 2

Michigan

MSU

Northwestern

Illinios

Group 3

Ohio State

Indiana

Group 4

PSU

Rutgers

Maryland

purdue

9 conf games per year. group 1 and 2 play each other for 2 years, with each school have one protected corssover per group (for groups 3 and 4). Every 2 years, they change to another group and play 2 protect corssovers (from other two groups they arent paired up for that year).

Essentailly 4 protected cross overs, and play the other 9 teams twice every 6 years.

Play all of group 1 and 2 teams, plus one prtected crossover from group 3 and 4 (PSU and OSU)

Play all of group 1 and 3 teams, plus one protected crossover from group 2 and 4 (NW and OSU)

Play all of group 1 and 4 teams, plus one protected crossover from group 2 and 3 (NW and PSU)

Group one: top heavy group2: Toughest of the bunch. Group 3: Ohio St does not lose that group until way after i die and I plan on living another35 years. Group 4: race to 5 wins wins it/lol. Remember PSU is going under for a long time. Dang that was surreal realizing I probably have lived over half my life.

Group 1

Nebraska

Iowa

Wisconsin

Minny

Group 2

Michigan

MSU

Northwestern

Illinios

Group 3

Ohio State

Indiana

Group 4

PSU

Rutgers

Maryland

purdue

Always liked that format for a 16 team conference. Many say it's too complicated, but it's the simplest way to prevent long term competitive imbalance in such a large conference.

The grouping would definitely need adjusting depending on what the other 2 teams end up being. (hopefully good eastern football teams like VT, Georgia Tech, or Florida State) Then it would be easy to just throw all 4 new teams in one group.

Group 1:

Rutgers

Maryland

New team A

New team B

Group 2:

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Iowa

Nebraska

Group 3:

Michigan

Michigan St

NW

Illinois

Group 4:

tOSU

PSU

Indiana

Purdue

With the addition of Rutgers and Maryland next year the divisions are obviously going to change.

But I don't think we have to remain standard in their formations and how they play out.

I believe that the B1G looking to take the conference to another level, and here is how I'd like to see it play out.

2 Divisions (East/West) Legends and Leaders, I don't really care anymore.

4 sub divisions of three teams a piece

2 float teams (last years division winners)

West 1

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

West 2

Northwestern

Michigan State

Illinois

Nebraska Floats (assuming 2012 division winners)

East 1

Michigan

Rutgers

Purdue

East 2

Maryland

Penn State

Indiana

Ohio State Floats (already determined 2012 division winners)

The way I would like to see it. Is the Division winners should play each other week 1 a "true" neutral site, and then would play all teams who finished 3-10 during the last season.

Each conference schedule should be created just prior to the season starts. Non-con remains the same.

The bottom feeders will have the easiest schedules to play to promote the most teams possible making them bowl eligible.

Each team play the two teams in their sub division first, two in each of the other sub divisions totaling 8 conference games.

The home and away games would be determined only by where you played that team last.

There are obviously lots of other issues with doing it this way, but its a thought

I like the notion of the two division winners squaring off. But I think the bolded part would cause all sorts of logistics problems. Probably insurmountable logistics problems.

I had a similiar thought in determining conference schedules at Big 10 media days. You could go to 2 7 team divisions geographically aligned with a 9 game conference schedule. Play the 6 teams in your division plus 1 protected cross divisional game. Do that schedule ahead of time. Then do a lottery draw on the other 2 cross division games. Make the lottery picks a big event like the draft. Do it in July.

Also like WaHuskers pod scheme for 16 teams.

I think a 9 game schedule is going to be the mandate and I think the commissioner is going to say that the new tv revenues will more than make up for the loss of a home game every year. I think we will end up scheduling 2 cupcake homegames and the third will be a marque home&home series.

They should think about scheduling one of the cupcakes the week prior to Thanksgiving similar to the $EC. Gives you a 'break' without it being a 'break'. Also would be helpful to do that before the short week. Would also bump up some of our conference games a week earlier in the fall where you get nicer weather which could be helpful to recruiting.

how about we just divide it up Geographically like we should have orgionally.

Because the B1G didn't want to repeat the mistake of the Big 12 north. A small market ghettoized western division is not a good idea for the long term health of member schools.

If the B1G stays at 14 for awhile I'd prefer pods to mitigate the problems inherent in a 2x7 league (namely rarely facing traditional opponents).

Fixed pods:

Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana

TSUN, Sparty, Northwestern, Purdue

Floating pods:

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota

PSU, Maryland, Rutgers

Each team in the fixed pods would have a single locked opponent from the opposing pod:

Ohio State - TSUN

Wisconsin - Sparty

Illinois - Northwestern

Indiana -Purdue

That would allow Nebraska to have a home & home with each team in the league every four years:

vh9k.png

• Fire 1

how about we just divide it up Geographically like we should have orgionally.

Because the B1G didn't want to repeat the mistake of the Big 12 north. A small market ghettoized western division is not a good idea for the long term health of member schools.

If the B1G stays at 14 for awhile I'd prefer pods to mitigate the problems inherent in a 2x7 league (namely rarely facing traditional opponents).

Fixed pods:

Ohio State, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana

TSUN, Sparty, Northwestern, Purdue

Floating pods:

Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota

PSU, Maryland, Rutgers

Each team in the fixed pods would have a single locked opponent from the opposing pod:

Ohio State - TSUN

Wisconsin - Sparty

Illinois - Northwestern

Indiana -Purdue

That would allow Nebraska to have a home & home with each team in the league every four years:

vh9k.png

I might and probably missing something here. Who is TSUN?