Delaney is a good commissioner.

flatwaterfan

I think Delaney is a good commissioner. He always impresses me with his answers to the questions that are posed to him. Well thought out and straight forward. He is very calculating. Devaney is expanding the b1g footprint through demographics and is positioning the conference the best he can. The BTN showed a graph of the different conferences expansions and the SEC and B1G have made the best logical moves. The B12 is really suffering IMO.

TCU did not increase the footprint and West Virginia is a bit of an odd fit.

Looks likethe B1G acted swiftly to get Maryland (and possibly Rutgers) to counter the ACC's move when they pulled in Syracuse. I believe the B1G wanted to make sure they had that presence on the coast because that's an easy direction to grow and build demographics

The next 2 teams will be very interesting. They might bring North Carolina in play, Missouri back into play, Texas might be in play and as always Notre Dame will be courted.

I think Delaney is a good commissioner. He always impresses me with his answers to the questions that are posed to him. Well thought out and straight forward. He is very calculating. Devaney is expanding the b1g footprint through demographics and is positioning the conference the best he can. The BTN showed a graph of the different conferences expansions and the SEC and B1G have made the best logical moves. The B12 is really suffering IMO.

Looks likethe B1G acted swiftly to get Maryland (and possibly Rutgers) to counter the ACC's move when they pulled in Syracuse. I believe the B1G wanted to make sure they had that presence on the coast because that's an easy direction to grow and build demographics

The next 2 teams will be very interesting. They might bring North Carolina in play, Missouri back into play, Texas might be in play and as always Notre Dame will be courted.

#15 and #16 need to be big football programs. Because you know the SEC is somehow going to get FSU or Oklahoma to join. I have no problem with us being proactive, but you can't be stupid about who you add. Our football in this conference needs an upgrade if we're going to keep up with the SEC.

Ha ha! A little Freudian slip there my friend. No wonder you like him so much. :lol:

I am updating my prediction now. The B1G is going to be BIG; I believe around 20 teams big. Thus becoming the first mega/super-conference.

When it is all done, they would have added:

Maryland

Rutgers

UVA

GT

UNC

Duke

BC

Syracuse

An awesome conference and instantly a Lacrosse powerhouse as well.

There is nothing awesome about that list in the world of football. If that happens, consider me completely disappointed.

Who said the B1G will stop at 16?

And Woody, your list doesn't move the needle, football-wise, IMO. Missouri, Kansas, Florida State, Miami, and Clemson are available, and KU/MU even bring basketball competence.

Duke is not wanted. they are dead weight.

The goal is to expand by ONE in each state unless they REALLY bring something special.

Here are the immediately viable candidates:

From the ACC : GIT,UVA and UNC.

From the Big XII : KU, OU and UT

And there is one school that I could definitely see that no one has mentioned but me and that is Rice University.

Don't laugh. Absolutely viable on the condition that Texas joins. Rice is a top tier academic institution(AAU), in the 4th largest city in the US(not the largest market in Texas but 2nd) and could be a nice companion to go along with a Texas move.

In the end I think Delaney has settled on ACC teams but if any of these teams show up then you take them. Only Rice and Kansas would be conditional picks.

I am updating my prediction now. The B1G is going to be BIG; I believe around 20 teams big. Thus becoming the first mega/super-conference.

When it is all done, they would have added:

Maryland

Rutgers

UVA

GT

UNC

Duke

BC

Syracuse

An awesome conference and instantly a Lacrosse powerhouse as well.

cead85f2.jpg