Dear Mr. Frost, we are waiting for your latest...

I am as happy as anyone that we beat Colorado the way we did. But one complete game in 2 years doesn't mean everything's great. On this very board everyone was talking about how we had finally arrived after the Tech game, and then we went in the tank the next few games. The CU game was great, but I want to see it happen more often before I say thing's are fine.

I too am thrilled with the way we played against Colorado, but I see no reason to beat up on Scott Frost or anyone else who has been critical of the program. I really hope this win turns the program around, but until last Friday there wasn't a lot of be hopeful about. Being a fan doesn't mean wearing blinders.

I too am thrilled with the way we played against Colorado, but I see no reason to beat up on Scott Frost or anyone else who has been critical of the program. I really hope this win turns the program around, but until last Friday there wasn't a lot of be hopeful about. Being a fan doesn't mean wearing blinders.

Yes it does!!!!! ;)

Just ask 75% of the posters on here...if you question anything about the staff or Pedey, you aren't a good fan...

Myself, I reserve the right to call out the staff when I feel they didn't do well, and I laud them when they do. Same with the players, but to a lesser degree.

One game does not a great team make, but the coaches did a great job last Friday. I laud Cally and his staff for pulling NU out of a losing streak, something he was unable to do last year.

However, this is the same team that got BLOWN OUT by two 6-5 teams.

A true fan is someone who is knowledgeable, and knows what is right and what isn't. CU was right. MU and KU weren't. I still was mad when they lost, and cheered them on every single game.

I will continue to cheer for NU, very hard at that. Was I happy with everything Oz did during his tenure? No. Solich? Certainly not.

Damn, I get so sick and tired of sunshine pumpers calling people out when they disagree with something that has happened.

Blinders don't make for a good fan.

Go Big Red!!! :restore

###### Posted on Nov 30 2005, 05:20 PM

Scott is too busy updating his Stanford blog after ND beat them. 

By the way, there is a difference between criticizing the coaches and calling a coach an a-hole 

Huskrz65 Posted on Nov 30 2005, 03:23 PM

QUOTE (NU fan in Denver @ Nov 30 2005, 03:18 PM)

I am just waiting for some of the sunshine pumpers to start calling Frost a bad fan because he spoke his mind about the team. 

Frost is a bad Fan! 

the bad fan cops have arrived...........

I'm wondering why all the people keep saying that Missouri was a terrible loss? We were in pretty good position to win that game, we fought our asses off to get back into it and barring a huge play their defense made while we were rolling our way in for another score, we could have easily won that game. I'll be the first to admit that our D was not stellar and the game plan was maybe a little off, but this was the 1st full game without one of our best LB's. Give some credit to Mizzou for getting pumped up for a home game that they probably consider their rival.

There's a lot of talk about not seeing the progress in this team, and I just want to know what the hell you've been watching? The offense got much better once conference play rolled around. The defense slipped a bit, and though they lost a great LB and defensive leader they still led the nation in sacks and came up with big plays pretty often. Don't forget how young this team is either. And how about giving the teams we've played a bit of credit? KU had one of the top defensive teams in the nation. Texas Tech rolled most of their opponents and we could have easily won that game. OU's lost to 4 teams w/a combined 4 losses and that game was winnable as well. I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I'm just seeing the positives and taking them for what their worth. We're progressing, the players all seem to be on the same page, and every indication from them and the recruits we're bringing in is that they are excited about this staff and the direction it's headed. So to that I say to hell with the nay-sayers and pessimists, nobody really cares about you or what you think, because you don't matter. If you're a Nebraska fan the you stick w/the program thru thick and thin, good times and bad, because it's the program and the N on the helmet that matters. The players are happy and are behind this coaching staff, the recruits are happy and behind this coaching staff, and until that changes I'll keep my opinion pointed toward the positive and pump some sunshine and wait for this team to climb back into the ranks of the elite. :restore

I too am thrilled with the way we played against Colorado, but I see no reason to beat up on Scott Frost or anyone else who has been critical of the program.  I really hope this win turns the program around, but until last Friday there wasn't a lot of be hopeful about.  Being a fan doesn't mean wearing blinders.

Yes it does!!!!! ;)

Just ask 75% of the posters on here...if you question anything about the staff or Pedey, you aren't a good fan...

Myself, I reserve the right to call out the staff when I feel they didn't do well, and I laud them when they do. Same with the players, but to a lesser degree.

One game does not a great team make, but the coaches did a great job last Friday. I laud Cally and his staff for pulling NU out of a losing streak, something he was unable to do last year.

However, this is the same team that got BLOWN OUT by two 6-5 teams.

A true fan is someone who is knowledgeable, and knows what is right and what isn't. CU was right. MU and KU weren't. I still was mad when they lost, and cheered them on every single game.

I will continue to cheer for NU, very hard at that. Was I happy with everything Oz did during his tenure? No. Solich? Certainly not.

Damn, I get so sick and tired of sunshine pumpers calling people out when they disagree with something that has happened.

Blinders don't make for a good fan.

Go Big Red!!! :restore

:yeah

Great post :worship

I'm wondering why all the people keep saying that Missouri was a terrible loss?  We were in pretty good position to win that game, we fought our asses off to get back into it and barring a huge play their defense made while we were rolling our way in for another score, we could have easily won that game. 
The reason is because NU DID lose. They never should have been down by 21 to begin with. Did they play their asses off to get tied, absolutely. But it still went down as a 17 point loss. No way to pump sunshine into that one.

I'll be the first to admit that our D was not stellar and the game plan was maybe a little off, but this was the 1st full game without one of our best LB's. 
The D scheme was terrible, and Im not so sure how much losing Bradley had to do with it.

Give some credit to Mizzou for getting pumped up for a home game that they probably consider their rival. 
NU is not their "rival" KU is :thumbs

There's a lot of talk about not seeing the progress in this team, and I just want to know what the hell you've been watching?
With the exception of 1 game CU, this O was terrible. So bad, infact that 400 yds and 13 regulation points against ISU were cause for celebration. They only had like 135 yards agains KU, the running O is the worst, ever at NU. Statistcally speaking, even after CU, this team has less YPG and PPG than 2004. Special teams-KO returns are the same, better punt returns, NU did get better in KO coverage, but gave up more punt return yards than in 04. And they have more penalty yardage in 05 than 04.

Defense, improved slightly, 45.6 yds PG (pretty good :thumbs ) but only gave up 6.7 point PG less.

The offense got much better once conference play rolled around.  The defense slipped a bit, and though they lost a great LB and defensive leader they still led the nation in sacks and came up with big plays pretty often.  Don't forget how young this team is either.
See above. The injuries and youth excuses are getting old, quick. This is the end of year 2 and NU finally played a complete game. Unacceptable.

And how about giving the teams we've played a bit of credit?
Probably the worse schedule I can ever remember in NU history.

I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses,
Yes, you are :blink: There have been a few slight improvements, that does not a trend make ;)

So to that I say to hell with the nay-sayers and pessimists, nobody really cares about you or what you think, because you don't matter.
So EVERY fans money is not important??? :wtf I bet pud would beg to differ <_< Without ALL of us, the last great streak left would also go by the wayside, the sellout streak. Its the only one WE control.

If you're a Nebraska fan the you stick w/the program thru thick and thin, good times and bad, because it's the program and the N on the helmet that matters. 
Yes, and we have. Attended games, purchased merchandise, paid "astronomical" amounts for PPV games, cheered for the team. We just dont have blind faith in someone who is unproven at best.

The players are happy and are behind this coaching staff, the recruits are happy and behind this coaching staff,
So now you speak for all of them, huh? I remember quite a few players, starters, AAs, and team captains not agreeing with this statement.
I'm wondering why all the people keep saying that Missouri was a terrible loss? We were in pretty good position to win that game, we fought our asses off to get back into it and barring a huge play their defense made while we were rolling our way in for another score, we could have easily won that game. I'll be the first to admit that our D was not stellar and the game plan was maybe a little off, but this was the 1st full game without one of our best LB's. Give some credit to Mizzou for getting pumped up for a home game that they probably consider their rival.

There's a lot of talk about not seeing the progress in this team, and I just want to know what the hell you've been watching? The offense got much better once conference play rolled around. The defense slipped a bit, and though they lost a great LB and defensive leader they still led the nation in sacks and came up with big plays pretty often. Don't forget how young this team is either. And how about giving the teams we've played a bit of credit? KU had one of the top defensive teams in the nation. Texas Tech rolled most of their opponents and we could have easily won that game. OU's lost to 4 teams w/a combined 4 losses and that game was winnable as well. I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I'm just seeing the positives and taking them for what their worth. We're progressing, the players all seem to be on the same page, and every indication from them and the recruits we're bringing in is that they are excited about this staff and the direction it's headed. So to that I say to hell with the nay-sayers and pessimists, nobody really cares about you or what you think, because you don't matter. If you're a Nebraska fan the you stick w/the program thru thick and thin, good times and bad, because it's the program and the N on the helmet that matters. The players are happy and are behind this coaching staff, the recruits are happy and behind this coaching staff, and until that changes I'll keep my opinion pointed toward the positive and pump some sunshine and wait for this team to climb back into the ranks of the elite. :restore

Nice. If you are skeptical, you don't matter and you're not a fan. That's ridiculous. Remember after the ISU game when the offense had "arrived"? Or after the Tech game when we finally showed heart and BC had turned things around? Here's the total yards by game this season before the Colorado game:

313, 234, 267, 467, 364, 350, 279, 283, 138, 334

Even with the good offensive day against ISU, it was a NEGATIVE trendline. As in we weren't improving. The game against Colorado is great, and I'm really happy about it. If you want to believe that BC is leading us back to glory and this game is the proof, then go ahead. I don't fault you. But don't fault people like me who want to see more consistency before we are sold. Great game. GAME. As in one. Now let's see how they build on it.