Nice Move Ohio State?

huskersurfer

As if I am not disappointed enough in Ohio State that they can't play in the Conference Championship Game. They go out and honor Tressel the week before the championship game in which they aren't allowed to play in because of TRESSEL!!

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/page/content.detail/id/542937/Ohio-State-honors-2002-national-championship-team.html?nav=5012

Am I the only one that thinks this is in poor taste?

• Fire 1

I don't really see this as honoring Tressel, more like the 2002 team and the University. I think it's pretty appropriate as it is the 10 year anniversary and it is their rival game with Michigan and with a win they will go undefeated.

What I found in poor taste were certain journalists saying that they would vote Ohio State #1 if Notre Dame lost. That would have demeaned all of CFB

They didn't introduce anyone individually. The players chose to lift Tress up(if you were there you could see he was scared to fall)

This team wouldn't have beat miami without Clarett or Tress(we wouldn't have beaten scUM either). It wouldn't have been a reunion without those guys.

Regarding your sig. Man when those Buckeyes get their hate on ... its spectacular

Was this a random honoring? Or was it a reunion of the 2002 championship team? If the latter, then no, there is nothing wrong with it.

Reunion for the 10th anniversary of the NC team.

The University had almost nothing to do with it and Coach Tressel initially was hesitant to come out of concerns for propriety. It was the players from the 2002 team who organized everything & pushed him to show up.

And that Wetzel article is garbage.