Little Isaiah and Team Jack

krc1995

I know I hugged my 3-year old son a little tighter today.

It's amazing how much more sensitive you become to these stories when you have kids of your own, especially small children.

Can't imagine the grief being felt right now.

I literally have no idea what I would do if I lost one or both of my boys. They are my heart and soul and the reason I live my life today. I didn't realize how powerful a little guy(s) could be once I held them in my arms. Amazing..........

One of two pediatric brain cancer patients who help lead Nebraska’s Tunnel Walk entrance into Memorial Stadium before the Huskers’ 30-27 come-from-behind win over Wisconsin on Sept. 29 died Sunday at Community Hospital in McCook, Neb. Funeral services for Isaiah Casillas, 6, will be Sunday, Dec. 9, at the McCook City Auditorium. Burial will be Monday, Dec. 10.

“Isaiah had been in a hospice room for the past two weeks,” Keith Zimmer said Monday. Nebraska’s associate athletic director has remained in constant contact with Pat Casillas, Isaiah’s dad, and Emily Casillas, Isaiah’s stepmom. “Over the last couple of weeks, Pat and I talked almost daily, and he was very proud of the courage little Isaiah showed. As everyone can imagine, wins and losses are put in total perspective when a 6-year-old is battling and hanging on to some great memories he had with Rex Burkhead and his family and fellow cancer patient Jack Hoffman (7) and his family.”

Continue Reading