Embree is out as HC at Colorado

Bill McCartney says Embree was fired so soon because he's black

http://sports.yahoo....Y3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

:facepalm: :facepalm:

I can't believe he pulled "that" card out

I'm really interested in what the statute of limitations is for precisely when it becomes a "merit" issue versus a "race" issue. Like, 3 years and 6 wins and it's a merit-based firing? 4 years and 7 wins?

In my opinion, these kinds of allegations actually hurt black coaches as a whole because schools probably feel less inclined to hire a black coach if, upon his possible firing, they are labeled as racists.

@KyleRingo: CU AD Mike Bohn on Bobby Petrino rumor from @VicLombardi: "That's absolutely not true. We're not hiring Bobby Petrino. You can quote me."

I think they'd be better off with someone like Gary Anderson, anyway. They seem to think that they'll be able to pay their next HC more than $2.5 million with their PAC money.

I learned today that even though campus is north of 5,000 feet they don't have a dedicated indoor practice facility. They've been inflating something over their practice field that they call "the bubble," which I assume is the same thing country clubs put over their tennis courts during winter. It wasn't even set up this year because, apparently, the guys who usually do it were helping clean up after Hurricane Sandy.

• 8 months later...

CU pulled out all the stops recruiting Clowney:

All the best universities--Alabama, Florida, Louisiana State--wrote regularly. Colorado wrote the most, even sent a box of fake money--total pretend value $1 million--with the team's mascot, a Buffalo, in place of the usual picture of a president.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23265261/colorado-sent-jadaveon-clowney-1-million-ralphie-bucks

They sent a recruit $1 million in Ralphie Bucks. The Harvard of the Rockies, ladies and gentlemen.

CU pulled out all the stops recruiting Clowney:

All the best universities--Alabama, Florida, Louisiana State--wrote regularly. Colorado wrote the most, even sent a box of fake money--total pretend value $1 million--with the team's mascot, a Buffalo, in place of the usual picture of a president.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23265261/colorado-sent-jadaveon-clowney-1-million-ralphie-bucks

They sent a recruit $1 million in Ralphie Bucks. The Harvard of the Rockies, ladies and gentlemen.

can you buy weed with that in Northern Colorado?