Capital One Bowl bid accepted

Georgia is way overrated. Not saying they aren't a good team, and they should definitely be a large favorite against us, but they are not a great team. There is not a great team in CFB this year. If the Huskers play well and Georgia doesn't play quite as good as they really are, the 'skers will have a chance.

We could also lose by 5 TDs again. But I don't think it's a given.

They almost beat flipping Alabama.

Georgia is way overrated. Not saying they aren't a good team, and they should definitely be a large favorite against us, but they are not a great team. There is not a great team in CFB this year. If the Huskers play well and Georgia doesn't play quite as good as they really are, the 'skers will have a chance.

So they played good in one game. LSU and A&M also almost beat Alabama, with A&M accomplishing it. We got beat by 39 points by Wisconsin - does that mean they're a top 5 football team and we're some FCS-caliber scrubs? No. Why? Because it was one game.

So they played good in one game. LSU and A&M also almost beat Alabama, with A&M accomplishing it. We got beat by 39 points by Wisconsin - does that mean they're a top 5 football team and we're some FCS-caliber scrubs? No. Why? Because it was one game.

Of course that doesn't mean Georgia is top 5, or Wisconsin is top 5, or we're bottom 10 or whatever.

But in order to even get close to Bama, you have to be a good team. LSU, A&M, Georgia...those are good teams. Far better than Wisconsin.

I'm not holding out much hope. I'm rooting for Nebraska...but...I have a very, very bad feeling about this.

Of course that doesn't mean Georgia is top 5, or Wisconsin is top 5, or we're bottom 10 or whatever.

But in order to even get close to Bama, you have to be a good team. LSU, A&M, Georgia...those are good teams. Far better than Wisconsin.

I'm not holding out much hope. I'm rooting for Nebraska...but...I have a very, very bad feeling about this.

Might want to check and see if you actually agree with the original post or not.

I've said it many times Wis. put a target on our back a long time ago. We weren't prepared and they threw everything including the kitchen sink at us. It sucks, I'm not trying to say it doesn't like I keep getting acused of. Oh well though it doesn't matter this isn't Nebraska football anymore and we deserve better and are entitled to it.

Might want to check and see if you actually agree with the original post or not.

It depends on what your definition of "good" is.

I think we're an average team. Georgia is a good team.

Georgia is going to put us to sleep quickly.

It depends on what your definition of "good" is.

I think we're an average team. Georgia is a good team.

Georgia is going to put us to sleep quickly.

:facepalm:

Bale posted that they were a good football team, but he thought they were overrated.

You posted that they almost beat FLIPPIN' ALABAMA, and that they are a good football team.

So you stated a fact - yes, they almost won last night - and then your opinion, that they are good. Cool, glad to know you agree with Bale and myself that Georgia is a good football team. Thanks for making it simple.

So? They didn't. They're now 1-2 against top 30 teams in the Sagarin rankings. We're 2-3.

Their SOS? 41. Ours? 32.

Our best wins? Wisconsin (21 in the Sagarin rankings) (granted we got destroyed by the same team last night), Northwestern (32), Michigan State (41), Penn State (35), and Michigan (19). While everyone here loves to talk about how bad the BIG is (and I won't completely disagree), but it is overtalked about. The BIG is not a terrible conference. Very average, but Nebraska has won a lot of games. 10, to be exact.

Georgia's best wins? Florida (4, though this was one of the sloppiest football games I have ever seen), and then Vanderbilt (31). Missouri (43). Those are their only wins against the top 50.

Georgia/Nebraska stats stats:

Total Offense: 458.3/462.2

Total Defense: 351.3/343.1

Points Scored: 37.2/35.1

Points Allowed: 18.8/26.2

The stats remain pretty even all across the board.. and remember, our SOS is better. The SEC is better than the BIG (obviously) but Georgia got an incredibly lucky draw (No A&M, LSU, Miss. St.). And the bottom half of the SEC is very bad (Auburn, Kentucky?)

And they don't much pass the eye test, if you've seen them play. Bama ran all over them (around 400 yards, I believe). They have a good pash rush, but if we commit to the run (which isn't a guarantee with Beck...) we have a good chance to put up some points.

Nebraska played horrible last night. Horrible. Stafford himself missed 4 tackles that led directly to touchdowns. Compton missed 1 or 2. Smith 1 or 2. Our Dline got pushed all around, but some of it had to do with the game snowballing.

Again, Georgia could very well win by 5 TDs. But I do not think it is a guarantee like everyone on this board seems to think. Georgia is a good team. But we are, too. Not as good as them, and a tad more inconsistent, but we are solid (compared to the other teams in 2012 CFB).

So? They didn't. They're now 1-2 against top 30 teams in the Sagarin rankings. We're 2-3.

Their SOS? 41. Ours? 32.

Our best wins? Wisconsin (21 in the Sagarin rankings) (granted we got destroyed by the same team last night), Northwestern (32), Michigan State (41), Penn State (35), and Michigan (19). While everyone here loves to talk about how bad the BIG is (and I won't completely disagree), but it is overtalked about. The BIG is not a terrible conference. Very average, but Nebraska has won a lot of games. 10, to be exact.

Georgia's best wins? Florida (4, though this was one of the sloppiest football games I have ever seen), and then Vanderbilt (31). Missouri (43). Those are their only wins against the top 50.

Georgia/Nebraska stats stats:

Total Offense: 458.3/462.2

Total Defense: 351.3/343.1

Points Scored: 37.2/35.1

Points Allowed: 18.8/26.2

The stats remain pretty even all across the board.. and remember, our SOS is better. The SEC is better than the BIG (obviously) but Georgia got an incredibly lucky draw (No A&M, LSU, Miss. St.). And the bottom half of the SEC is very bad (Auburn, Kentucky?)

And they don't much pass the eye test, if you've seen them play. Bama ran all over them (around 400 yards, I believe). They have a good pash rush, but if we commit to the run (which isn't a guarantee with Beck...) we have a good chance to put up some points.

Nebraska played horrible last night. Horrible. Stafford himself missed 4 tackles that led directly to touchdowns. Compton missed 1 or 2. Smith 1 or 2. Our Dline got pushed all around, but some of it had to do with the game snowballing.

Again, Georgia could very well win by 5 TDs. But I do not think it is a guarantee like everyone on this board seems to think. Georgia is a good team. But we are, too. Not as good as them, and a tad more inconsistent, but we are solid (compared to the other teams in 2012 CFB).

I just can't hold out any real hope right now...is it possible we could win? Sure...but I see that as like a 1%, maybe 2% chance.

down by 2 3 and 4 TDs because of passing 3 and outs

Try again.

Down by 2, 3, and 4 touchdowns because of a complete inability by our offensive line to execute our shotgun zone read offense that we've married ourselves to. When a blitz breaks through our line, it doesn't matter whether Taylor makes the right read or not...it's a guaranteed 4-6 yard loss. Then it's 2nd & 15. Series and drive over. Rinse. Repeat.

Oregon can run this offense, because their offensive line is incredible. Ours is not. We cannot seem to unlock the great talent potential of our offense in this scheme. It just isn't happening.

Try again.

Down by 2, 3, and 4 touchdowns because of a complete inability by our offensive line to execute our shotgun zone read offense that we've married ourselves to. When a blitz breaks through our line, it doesn't matter whether Taylor makes the right read or not...it's a guaranteed 4-6 yard loss. Then it's 2nd & 15. Series and drive over. Rinse. Repeat.

Oregon can run this offense, because their offensive line is incredible. Ours is not. We cannot seem to unlock the great talent potential of our offense in this scheme. It just isn't happening.

The defense letting the other team score in 5 plays or less over and over and over again had a hell of a lot more to do with it than anything the offense was, or was not, doing.

Try again.

The defense letting the other team score in 5 plays or less over and over and over again had a hell of a lot more to do with it than anything the offense was, or was not, doing.

Offense put up 31 points last night. In my mind, they mostly did their job.