UGA glad to be playing a traditional football power

As a Georgia fan, I am happy to be playing a storied program full of rich tradition with possibly the best fans in college football. It's great to have a fan base that is passionate and supportive about their team, but civil and respectful of other teams and traditions at the same time. I know our fans will have a great time together.

As far the game, I know UGA had a strong showing against Bama and have the ability to be very strong. However, they also have the ability to play flat. I know that recently in Bowl games we haven't shown up the way we should. I think there is also the chance that the UGA team is still suffering from the disappointment of not making the National Championship game and might not be as inspired. Nebraska is the team that has nothing to lose.

I do appreciate you guys giving us the chance to even the series after the complete drubbing you guys gave us in 1969.

I look forward to the match-up. Just think, we could be playing Northern Illinois.

• Fire 7

Good to have you on the board, thanks for taking the time :)

Nebraska is fully capable of competing with Georgia, despite the hyperbolic reactions of some on the board right around now. I'm cautiously excited for this matchup, although having a month off has been known to lessen my enthusiasm.

Hope you stick around to keep talking more football! You can join the Pony Posse too, if you're cool enough ;)

Welcome to Huskerboard.com, please, even once the game is over, stick around and talk some football. I was really pulling for Georgia in the SEC title game and would've been rooting for you in the N.C. game. Most of us hate ND and Alabama and wanted you to go there. Having said that please don't let the negativity around here turn you away. We are all pretty shocked that we lost that bad to Wisconsin and know our team can play better than that. We have a lot of speed on offense, but our defense, outside of the secondary, isn't that great. We have zero speed up front and in the LB's. You get the edge, you expose our lack of lateral speed, and you win the game.

Welcome. We have quite few regulars associated with other programs. Happy to have you join. Dont get a bad impression of us. About 70% of what being thrown around here right now is just temporary derp, typical of a game like Saturday. This is one of if not the best forum allowed.

Now that it's Monday and I'm completely over Saturday and ready to move on, what do you think your team's mindset is going to be for this game? Because I have to tell you, I am extremely concerned about ours.

Every fan base would be saying exactly the same things. Our board was just as bad after the USCe drubbing. I would be upset as well. There is no reason for a program like Nebraska to allow anyone to score 70 points. As a fan base that can never be acceptable. I am surprised. I thought Pelini's background was defense.

Nebraska will not accept mediocrity. i feel quite confident that if Pellini can't get it done, you guys will find someone who can.

• Fire 1

Thanks for stopping by!

I really wanted to see you guys play ND for the National Championship. You gave Bama all they could handle, and that's not an easy accomplishment. I get the feeling that Coach Richt will have his boys ready to play come New Year's Day. I hope that Pelini does the same. I don't expect Nebraska to win, but I hope we show up and at least keep it close.

Welcome Dawg!! Nice to have you post. I respect your coach VERY much. One of whom some say what used to be said of Dr. Tom, to wit: " He can't win the big one." You support one heckuva a team and I hope we can keep it interesting. We've got a puzzle on our hands for dad gum certain. Seems to me there is some sort of psychological barrier or complex present in the team--mainly defense.

Welcome Dawg!! Nice to have you post. I respect your coach VERY much. One of whom some say what used to be said of Dr. Tom, to wit: " He can't win the big one." You support one heckuva a team and I hope we can keep it interesting. We've got a puzzle on our hands for dad gum certain. Seems to me there is some sort of psychological barrier or complex present in the team--mainly defense.

Thanks. Our people don't realize how lucky we have it with Richt. Our fans see that he has struggled against top ten opponents the last five years or so and discount the fact that he is the 2nd winningest coach in the SEC after a 12 year career and the 4th winningest coach in the NCAA right now. The fact that we hadn't won a SEC championship or even played in the title game for 20 years escapes them. We have now played in 5 out of the last 12 with UT, UF and USCe in our division. That's not too shabby. Our fans see that 5 other teams in the SEC have won national championships since we last did and it is tough to stomach. However, have beaten some of our main rivals ( UF-2 game winning streak, UT 3 win streak, Auburn 6-1 the last 7 years and on a two year winning streak, GT 11-1 and a 4 game winning streak.) We are on a 3 game losing streak to USCe, but that is a real aberation in our series history. I really don't know who we would find that could do a better job than Coach Richt.

If I were Nebraska and the Pelini thing didn't work out in the long term, they should go after Richt. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Tom Osborne as far as class and ethics go. He would be a perfect fit at a school like Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Thanks. Our people don't realize how lucky we have it with Richt. Our fans see that he has struggled against top ten opponents the last five years or so and discount the fact that he is the 2nd winningest coach in the SEC after a 12 year career and the 4th winningest coach in the NCAA right now. The fact that we hadn't won a SEC championship or even played in the title game for 20 years escapes them. We have now played in 5 out of the last 12 with UT, UF and USCe in our division. That's not too shabby. Our fans see that 5 other teams in the SEC have won national championships since we last did and it is tough to stomach. However, have beaten some of our main rivals ( UF-2 game winning streak, UT 3 win streak, Auburn 6-1 the last 7 years and on a two year winning streak, GT 11-1 and a 4 game winning streak.) We are on a 3 game losing streak to USCe, but that is a real aberation in our series history. I really don't know who we would find that could do a better job than Coach Richt.

If I were Nebraska and the Pelini thing didn't work out in the long term, they should go after Richt. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Tom Osborne as far as class and ethics go. He would be a perfect fit at a school like Nebraska.

Thanks for the info. I was totally unaware of how much success he's had! Kudos to you guys, all I remember thinking is how Georgia is consistently overrated every year with top 5 or top 10 preseason rankings, but it seems you're more deserving than I thought.

That's cool to hear about Richt as well. There's not enough like him left in the world, and most definitely not in college football. To know that he's having the success he is while doing things the right way, especially in that conference, says something seriously impressive. Do you think he would ever be lured away from Georgia? I've heard people say he's from Nebraska, does he have ties to the school or did he just grow up here?

Thanks for the info. I was totally unaware of how much success he's had! Kudos to you guys, all I remember thinking is how Georgia is consistently overrated every year with top 5 or top 10 preseason rankings, but it seems you're more deserving than I thought.

That's cool to hear about Richt as well. There's not enough like him left in the world, and most definitely not in college football. To know that he's having the success he is while doing things the right way, especially in that conference, says something seriously impressive. Do you think he would ever be lured away from Georgia? I've heard people say he's from Nebraska, does he have ties to the school or did he just grow up here?

Honestly, I don't think he would, but you never know. If Georgia fans become impatient, he may feel like he is not appreciated and take another offer. Again, his whole family is now rooted here, so probably not, but you never know the psychology of these things. I think Richt could take a team like Nebraska and be at the top of the Big Ten splitting success with Ohio State and Michigan. he has lost a lot of those games with top ten opponents lately, but most of the time they are down to the wire competitive games.

Some coach once said that you lost 10% of your fan base support each year. Surely, it's no where near that bad, but there are UGA fans that think he has reached his limit and we can never get to that final level with Coach Richt. You can see where if the standard is national Championship or bust, that is a very hard standard to meet.

• Fire 1

Oh man, I'd love to have Richt coaching at Nebraska. He has proven that he can win in the toughest conference in college football, and as you mentioned, he's very similar to T.O. There aren't a whole lot of coaches I'd want instead of Bo Pelini, but in the unlikely scenario that we have an opportunity to hire Mark Richt anytime within the next few years, we need to get him.

Dawgs fan in here. I'll have to upload a pic after while, when I get home. Is there a way to use images from the web without having them on your PC?

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to the Husker fans up in here. Excited to be playing you guys. Hoping for a good hard fought game with both teams really showing up. That Alabama game personally left me still hungry for battle. I admittedly don't know alot about teams outside the SEC, but I know Nebraska used to be huge.

Oh man, I'd love to have Richt coaching at Nebraska. He has proven that he can win in the toughest conference in college football, and as you mentioned, he's very similar to T.O. There aren't a whole lot of coaches I'd want instead of Bo Pelini, but in the unlikely scenario that we have an opportunity to hire Mark Richt anytime within the next few years, we need to get him.

Coach Richf has underachieved at a school like Georgia. Sorry, but if we were a stat with that much HS football talent and one state away from the speed state, if we weren't in the top 5 every single year it would be unacceptable.

A lot of Georgia fans feel this way and it is understandable, but everyone recruits Georgia and Florida and even though we get our share, you can't keep them all. We are surrounded by UF, FSU, Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, USCe, and Utenn. Everyone else also recruits here for the 4 and 5 star talent. Atlanta is a metro area that has people from everywhere with no allegiance to Georgia.

Also, we are in the SEC competing with Alabama, LSU, UF, Utenn, USCe, etc. We are usually ranked top ten and are competitive in the league. We ahve finished top 5 at least 4 times in Richt's tenure. Richt did underachieve a few times, but more times than not, he has probably overachieved including this year.

I'll put it this way, if Richt left UGA, he wouldn't be unemployed for more than a week.

• Fire 2

Coach Richf has underachieved at a school like Georgia. Sorry, but if we were a stat with that much HS football talent and one state away from the speed state, if we weren't in the top 5 every single year it would be unacceptable.

Thing is, for a school like Georgia that hasn't established itself as a "dynasty", it's more difficult to recruit than some may realize, because you're competing with schools like Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc. Teams that have played for, if not won, multiple national championships within the past few years. Georgia came within a few yards of playing for a title themselves on Saturday night. I don't think that's underachieving.