NFL QB Pick 'em

Mavric

Over their last 13 starts:

QB1 - 2,448 total yards, 55.0% completions, 6.5 yards per pass, 12 TDs, 20 turnovers, 6 wins, 7 losses

QB2 - 2,904 total yards, 45.6% completions, 6.9 yards per pass, 21 TDs, 13 turnovers, 8 wins, 5 losses

The question is, which QB gives their team the "better chance to win"?

Sanchez vs. Tebow

I'm not saying Tebow would be a good NFL QB long term. I'm not even sure he'd be an average one. But it makes me laugh that everyone says he can't do it despite (limited) evidence to the contrary while Sanchez gets as many chances to screw up as he wants, apparently based on the fact that he "looks" like a prototype NFL passer.

Most of the Tebow detractors cite his completion percentage but that isn't the whole story. As you can see from the above stats, even though Sanchez completes a noticeably higher percentage of his passes, Tebow still averaged more yards per pass, indicating he threw downfield more. Every QB has a lower completion percentage as they go farther downfield. Tebow didn't often get to throw the quick - and relatively easier - throws that lead to a higher completion percentage. To say nothing of his tremendous advantages in running the ball and taking care of it.

To compare the two, a person then assumes the perceived better of the two is a good QB! So not true. This is a simple comparison of two QBs that suck donkey balls. Which ever QB you think is better still sucks more than 98% of the QBs in the league. In my most humble of opinions, neither one is even a quality backup QB. Both guys should learn how to hold for FGs and take the obligatory kneel down after the starter is pulled as to not get injured.

Watching these two guys QB NFL teams and get paid to do so makes it easier for me to see why Tom Brady and Peyton Manning can demand almost 20mill/yr.

• Fire 2

Sanchez vs. Tebow

I'm not saying Tebow would be a good NFL QB long term. I'm not even sure he'd be an average one. But it makes me laugh that everyone says he can't do it despite (limited) evidence to the contrary while Sanchez gets as many chances to screw up as he wants, apparently based on the fact that he "looks" like a prototype NFL passer.

Most of the Tebow detractors cite his completion percentage but that isn't the whole story. As you can see from the above stats, even though Sanchez completes a noticeably higher percentage of his passes, Tebow still averaged more yards per pass, indicating he threw downfield more. Every QB has a lower completion percentage as they go farther downfield. Tebow didn't often get to throw the quick - and relatively easier - throws that lead to a higher completion percentage. To say nothing of his tremendous advantages in running the ball and taking care of it.

They're both pretty horrible, but Sanchez is having probably the worst year of his career. Might as well give Tebow a chance at this point. The thing that people usually cite in support of Tebow is that he "took the Broncos to the playoffs". Which is not at all impressive in that division, and whether people want to admit it or not, everyone knows that had more to do with how that defense was playing down the stretch.

By that line of reasoning you have to consider Sanchez "took the Jets to the AFC Championship game - twice".

Which again, had more to do with the defense, but Sanchez's postseason stats are actually quite respectable.

I guess I'd still rather go with the kicker.

Mark Sanchez is legit awful

He only had success when they had a ferocious defense and an insane running game. His career stats are those of a journeyman/backup, not those of a starting QB in a huge market like NYC. There is no way he lasts there.

The argument for Tebow is actually a reasonable one given that A) Sanchez is horrifyingly bad, and B) the Jets have absolutely nothing at receiver, due to hilariously inept management as well as injury. There is a capable back in Greene and a fairly solid offensive line; add all of those together and a Tebow option attack may have gotten this team into the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6, as crazy as that seems. (Yes I know they're still mathematically in the hunt for the playoffs but it's not going to happen.)

This dates back to last year, but there are 40 (FORTY!) active quarterbacks in the NFL with higher career passer ratings than Mark Sanchez.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm

Now, Tim Tebow isn't one of them, but obviously you don't bring Tebow in if you want a passer. Tebow has another skill set. But all Sanchez can do is pass, and he's terrible at it. Pretty good at fumbling though

2 different teams. Tebow compiled his stats on a Denver team that is currently steamrolling their division. Granted, it is Manning at the helm. Jets have been a joke lately in several ways, Sanchez meltdowns being one of them.

True. But they also had a pretty good record last year after Tebow took over. They were 1-4 before Tebow took over as starter, 7-4 after (regular season). Manning was 8-3 in his first 11 starts this year. And in three of the losses last year they gave up over 40 points so that wasn't exactly all Tebow's fault.