Iowa or Michigan?

Please don't insult my college football IQ. Here's what I know about the Huskers this year...

Up until the Colorado game, Husker fans were searching for ANYTHING to hang their hats on for the year. Aside from that game, Nebraska's most impressive victory came against Iowa State. I guess you could count the should-of win against Texas Tech though if we want to split hairs about it.

Michigan has played competitively in every game this year. Our 4 losses come at a combined 17 points- the same margin of defeat the Huskers had against mediocre Mizzou.

Michigan has played 3 BCS Top 10 teams this year- defeating Penn State, and had a "should-of" win against Ohio State. I really have no excuse for the Notre Dame game- we really stunk that day. I don't believe Nebraska played any teams of that calibur this year.

Nebraska beat Colorado 30-3. Yesterday, Texas beat them 70-3. They lost to Iowa State the week before Nebraska. I'll hand it to you, Nebraska played well against Colorado, but I strongly question the validity of Colorado.

It's clear I am disappointed that Michigan is playing in the Alamo Bowl this year, but I believe we've earned our fate via 'choking' away victories in absurd fashion.

Coach Carr is a solid coach, but is also ridiculously conservative. A 4 point lead is to him what a 44 point lead is to Pete Carroll. I watched a multitude of games this year where we held a lead late in the 4th quarter and Coach has gone very conservative on both sides of the ball: offensively by running between the tackles unimaginatively to ween the clock (ineffectively) and also defensively through the use of soft zones and putting little pressure on the quarterback. I can recount these details in each of the following games: Wisconsin, Michigan St., Minnesota, Penn St., Iowa, and Ohio St. Three times we 'escaped' with wins and three times we got bit for not going for the jugular. It has been a truely disappointing season for Michigan, so you'll have to excuse Michigan fans if we aren't "happy as pigs in the mud" about playing in a bowl we didn't want to be in.

Regardless, it will still be fun to see two traditional powerhouses lock up, even if the circumstances are somewhat piddly.

So there's your somewhat pithy argument. If you see my Michigan license plates around town, wave a Nebraska flag in my face or something for rivalry's sake.

P.S. Dude kicked the ball in the air against Mizzou in '97. Michigan shouldn't of had to share the title with 'Cheaters' ;-)

so what you are saying is that your team was lucky to win 3 games and had could of very easily lost them also. so you should be thankful that your team is even bowl eligable.

then you get your panties in a twist when someone else bags on your coach who you say is "ridiculously conservative".

well if you want to throw that out there then NU should have one the game because Coz became "ridiculously conservative" when NU had the lead against OU and TT for going with a 3 man rush when NU had the lead.

NU lost the games because they lost, UM lost the games because they lost.

are you still crying over the "kicked ball" game and having to share the title in 97. your team must have blown out everyone that year even the bowl game. wait you beat WSU by less then a touchdown with WSU driving and time disapears off of the clock after Leaf spikes the ball and what has Leaf done in the pros since.......nothing

NU beats, routes, spanks, kills (insert any word you want here) Tenn. and Payton Manning. Thier own coach even says after the game that NU was the best team that his team had played and that NU was getting his vote.

you have to admit that NU's victory over Tenn was more impressive then UM's over WSU.

dont blame us that you had to share the NC. blame those in charge of the Wac-10 and the Big 10 (11). i wish i could count but that is another story for later.

yes having a undisputed NC would be nice but if you had to choose which one would you rather have the Coaches Poll NC or the AP NC?

i know what you would want.....the AP vote, me i have to say would rather have the Coaches vote. what the hell do sports writers know in the first place most of them never played the game.

at least the coaches have been there and done that.

get a grip

your qb is going to come out of the game black and blue not maize and blue. you better call, write, email or send smoke signals to him and warn him of the wall of terror that is going to hit him in less then a month. Carricker, Smith, Adams, Moore, and Turner. not counting McKeon, Ruud, and Bullocks on the blitzes.

good luck to you and i look forward to your rantings

How short memories are?

Do you remember watching Michigan go into Happy Valley when Penn State was ranked #1 and throwing it down 38-7? I also believe this was the same day you had your "kicked ball" fluke win.

Nobody cares about the coaches poll. It's always been a joke. It was one final farewell gift to Osborne. Enjoy it. We gladly accept the AP and the fact that Michigan will be more remembered as the national champion of '97.

you guys will get waxed by either one.

other than the bigleast, the big twelve in the worst bcs conference.  but not by much.

and whoever has 30-3 in their signature....way to hang your hat on a victory on a team thats been outscored 102-6 in their last two games.

the big twelve in the worst bcs conference

Am yeah. That really makes a lot of sense there! Hell atleast we can count how many teams are actually in our conference! Big 10 but I count 11! :dumdum

wow. good retort.

michigan will win by 20+.

How short memories are?

Do you remember watching Michigan go into Happy Valley when Penn State was ranked #1 and throwing it down 38-7? I also believe this was the same day you had your "kicked ball" fluke win.

Nobody cares about the coaches poll. It's always been a joke. It was one final farewell gift to Osborne. Enjoy it. We gladly accept the AP and the fact that Michigan will be more remembered as the national champion of '97.

Ok Einstein. NU should have never had shared with Michigan. You kept your half because the AP all but gave it to you before NU and Tennessee even played. The coaches poll a joke? Yep, those coaches, what do they know? Not nearly as much as the press (your a joke). Michigan barely beat Washington State (21-16) in the final minutes of the game. Nebraska kicked the crap out of Manning's #3 Volunteers (42-17). Gift to TO? Once again your stock is dropping.

More remembered? Your shared national championship to our three in the Nineties. When people think of the nineties, they think of Michigan. :sarcasm

That was a nice little rant that you gave though. You almost sounded intellegent until you ended it with that "cheaters" comment. A junior high level comment. Simply booksmart huh? You might wait until after the game to talk smack (once again, visit allbuffs.com to see why).

Look, I am sure the Alamo Bowl will be a good game, but it will definately not be a visit back to 1997, NU is too different. If you are upset with who Michigan is playing, tell the Wolverine coaches to win more games. Both are 4th in their conferences, so neither can complain about much.

other than the bigleast, the big twelve in the worst bcs conference.   but not by much.

and whoever has 30-3 in their signature....way to hang your hat on a victory on a team thats been outscored 102-6 in their last two games.

Am yeah. That really makes a lot of sense there! Hell atleast we can count how many teams are actually in our conference! Big 10 but I count 11! :dumdum

wow. good retort.

Funny, thats about what they said Colorado would beat NU by.........

LOL!!!! I love when michigan fans whine about 97!!! If you guys wanted the national title so much, than you should have came and gotten it. It's not our fault the big ten decided to hide by playing the worst major conference at the time instead of having the balls to play with the big dogs from the big twelve and the sec. You arent handed national titles, you earn them. We went undefeated, you went undefeated, and I know for a fact that an ahman green led Nebraska team, which absolutely killed the number three team in the nation, who had the best quarterback that football will maybe ever see on it, would have absolutely pounded Michigan. Trust me, if Ryan Leaf can do it when you have EVERYTHING to play for, I know that we could do it.

How short memories are?

Ok Einstein. NU should have never had shared with Michigan. You kept your half because the AP all but gave it to you before NU and Tennessee even played. The coaches poll a joke? Yep, those coaches, what do they know? Not nearly as much as the press (your a joke). Michigan barely beat Washington State (21-16) in the final minutes of the game. Nebraska kicked the crap out of Manning's #3 Volunteers (42-17). Gift to TO? Once again your stock is dropping.

More remembered? Your shared national championship to our three in the Nineties. When people think of the nineties, they think of Michigan. :sarcasm

That was a nice little rant that you gave though. You almost sounded intellegent until you ended it with that "cheaters" comment. A junior high level comment. Simply booksmart huh? You might wait until after the game to talk smack (once again, visit allbuffs.com to see why).

Look, I am sure the Alamo Bowl will be a good game, but it will definately not be a visit back to 1997, NU is too different. If you are upset with who Michigan is playing, tell the Wolverine coaches to win more games. Both are 4th in their conferences, so neither can complain about much.

Wow, we're talking about beating a team QB'd by Peyton Manning. *Ahem* The same Peyton Manning that never won a big game....ever! 0-4 against Florida, and we're lucky enough to see him carry that into the NFL.

And yes, the coaches poll has always been a joke. How many coaches give the ballot to someone else to fill out? You're probably the same fan that cries when you drop in the rankings with a win, no? I don't need to justify Michigan's season.

And as stated before, I have nothing but respect for NU's program. The '94 Huskers should be considered one of the top college teams of all-time. But the '97 Huskers were no '94 Huskers.

other than the bigleast, the big twelve in the worst bcs conference.   but not by much.

wow. good retort.

really? someone predicted CU to beat you by 30?

Were they from CU?

Even more so....if you were 30 point dogs to CU, then most definately will lose by at least 20.

How short memories are?

You're probably the same fan that cries when you drop in the rankings with a win, no?

Actually no, that would be the 97 Wolverines.

Anyway, I wish the Wolverines good luck and I as well have a lot of respect for that program. So much respect that I actually don't go to any of their fan forums and try to insult or start sh%t.

wow. good retort.

really? someone predicted CU to beat you by 30?

Were they from CU?

Even more so....if you were 30 point dogs to CU, then most definately will lose by at least 20.

Actually, NU was a 17 point underdog. How did you go from 20+ to 30?