Gun Control

Roark

I tend to agree with your statment in parentheses more than your original statement.

Whose original statement? I had an original question. Junior had an original statement. Mavric rephrased Junior's statement. Etc.

Didn't think it was too hard. I responded to your post that had two sentences. I mentioned I agree with the one in parentheses more than the other one.

That was Junior's statement.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/63277-gun-control/page__view__findpost__p__1191128

Are the advocating for guns being everywhere or for people to have the right to have a gun if they want one?

Do you see those as different?

Very different.

And you don't think that the NRA wants guns everywhere?

(Probably a little hyperbolic . . . I'd lean more towards the NRA wants guns allowed nearly everywhere.)

There is definitely a difference between them "wanting guns everywhere" and wanting people to be able to have guns. There is also a huge difference in connotation between the two in the present environment. I have never seen anything where the NRA has advocated more people owning guns, just wanting people to be able to have them if they choose.

I'm not even sure the NRA's position would be they want guns allowed everywhere. Do you have anything where they have stated that?

I have never seen anything where the NRA has advocated more people owning guns, just wanting people to be able to have them if they choose.

Isn't increasing ownership the surest way of preserving that choice?

(FWIW, this is one of my greatest fears about the future of hunting.)

I'm not even sure the NRA's position would be they want guns allowed everywhere. Do you have anything where they have stated that?

I didn't say that they did . . .

I have never seen anything where the NRA has advocated more people owning guns, just wanting people to be able to have them if they choose.

No, maintaining the correct interpretation of the second amendment is.

I didn't say that they did . . .

No, but you implied it twice so I was asking for clarification.

Are the advocating for guns being everywhere or for people to have the right to have a gun if they want one?

Do you see those as different?

And you don't think that the NRA wants guns everywhere?

Curious, what's the correct interpretation of the 2nd amendment? Any and all arms are allowed to be owned by citizens?

Curious, what's the correct interpretation of the 2nd amendment? Any and all arms are allowed to be owned by citizens?

Is there any restriction on the type of arms in the amendment?

Just curious if you think it's reasonable for a person to have a gun with a grenage launcher attached, build a surface to air missile in their garage, or mount a .50 caliber machine gun to their Jeep? All of these things are "arms".

And is that more likely with 10 gun owners in the US or with 10 million?

Didn't notice the "?" ;)

Yes, I did notice it. You were presenting your argument in question form so you could fall back and say "I didn't say that they did". Thus I asked you what your actual position was, if you had anything to base that on or if you were just making someone else defend their position without having to defend one yourself.

And is that more likely with 10 gun owners in the US or with 10 million?

If you would like to make the assertion that the NRA is taking that route and back it up, please do so. Don't change the subject to something else that more represents you views without answering my questions first.

Didn't notice the "?"

Yes, I did notice it. You were presenting your argument in question form so you could fall back and say "I didn't say that they did". Thus I asked you what your actual position was, if you had anything to base that on or if you were just making someone else defend their position without having to defend one yourself.

If you missed it, my position was outlined in the parenthetical here: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/63277-gun-control/page__view__findpost__p__1191322

:thumbs

If you would like to make the assertion that the NRA is taking that route and back it up, please do so.

I didn't make that assertion. If you'd like to continue attempting to assign that position to me, please do so . . . but don't be surprised when I roll my eyes at your demands for "answers!"

Don't change the subject to something else that more represents you views without answering my questions first.

See above.

Just curious if you think it's reasonable for a person to have a gun with a grenage launcher attached, build a surface to air missile in their garage, or mount a .50 caliber machine gun to their Jeep? All of these things are "arms".

No comment?