Gun Control

Roark

This is boring.

It is your life man. You can change it.

And I am sorry to come down on you so hard when you posted the Foote and Lott studies. I should have realized you where being sarcastic and that you knew they were totally bogus attempts to refute the DL findings. Even the NRTL folks know that DL only attribute abortion to about 50% of the drop in crime.

The key finding is women how get abortions often have the same reproductive rates as other women. This means they are still having children, but they are getting abortions to address unwanted pregnancies - often because the timing is bad. (Not saying this is god or bad. Not making a social judgement.)

Teen moms are far more likely to raise children who become violent criminals. A women is more likely to get an abortion when she is young unmarried and unemployed. That same woman might be married, working and out of college 5 years later and far less likely to choose abortion, even if a pregnancy is unplanned.

A rational discussion would include looking at the benefits of long term birth control (such as implants--as a recent St. Louis study did) and paying women to who are pregnant to choose adoption over abortion.

Done.

Taking action is often better than just complaining.

Unless the topic is gun use and the action one takes involves doing something illegal with a gun -- that action is never good action -- not that you would ever consider doing such a thing. ;)

And I am sorry to come down on you so hard when you posted the Foote and Lott studies. I should have realized you where being sarcastic and that you knew they were totally bogus attempts to refute the DL findings. Even the NRTL folks know that DL only attribute abortion to about 50% of the drop in crime.

The key finding is women how get abortions often have the same reproductive rates as other women. This means they are still having children, but they are getting abortions to address unwanted pregnancies - often because the timing is bad. (Not saying this is god or bad. Not making a social judgement.)

Teen moms are far more likely to raise children who become violent criminals. A women is more likely to get an abortion when she is young unmarried and unemployed. That same woman might be married, working and out of college 5 years later and far less likely to choose abortion, even if a pregnancy is unplanned.

A rational discussion would include looking at the benefits of long term birth control (such as implants--as a recent St. Louis study did) and paying women to who are pregnant to choose adoption over abortion.

The amount of BS in these short paragraphs, is completely astounding...

Done.

Unless the topic is gun use and the action one takes involves doing something illegal with a gun -- that action is never good action -- not that you would ever consider doing such a thing. ;)

DID YOU JUST TELL KNAP TO COMMIT SUICIDE?

chris-farley-son-of-a-bitch-o.gif

Done.

DID YOU JUST TELL KNAP TO COMMIT SUICIDE?

chris-farley-son-of-a-bitch-o.gif

No. I asked him not to shoot me! :)

It really is totally amazing isn't it?

These are all facts. Calling them BS doesn't make them less true:

women who get abortions often have the same reproductive rates as other women. This means they are still having children, but they are getting abortions to address unwanted pregnancies - often because the timing is bad. (Not saying this is god or bad. Not making a social judgement.)

Teen moms are far more likely to raise children who become violent criminals.

A women is more likely to get an abortion when she is young unmarried and unemployed. That same woman might be married, working and out of college 5 years later and far less likely to choose abortion, even if a pregnancy is unplanned.

Didn't want to read all 34 pages, was this mentioned?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

According to the first phrase - individuals who own guns should belong to the National Guard. You could make a case that the founding fathers were considered criminals, so Branch Davidians, Posse Commatatus, hell, even the Mafia, Crips and Bloods are "self-regulated Militia"

Didn't want to read all 34 pages, was this mentioned?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

According to the first phrase - individuals who own guns should belong to the National Guard. You could make a case that the founding fathers were considered criminals, so Branch Davidians, Posse Commatatus, hell, even the Mafia, Crips and Bloods are "self-regulated Militia"

wat.jpg

It really is totally amazing isn't it?

Which part is BS? Which part is not factual?