Gun Control

Roark

While the point is somewhat valid, I guess, the same could be said with any group of people. If you eliminate them, you will not only eliminate the good AND the bad. So crime would go down.

The point of bringing the facts of Roe vs. Wade into the discussion is any post that points to the violent crime has dropped dramatically since 1993 needs to also point out the roll of Roe vs. Wade in the change.

In post #1619, knapple said: "we're actually fixing the gun violence problem" and linked to a study about how gun violence is down since 1993.

We know why--but I wouldn't call Roe a 'fix'.

While the point is somewhat valid, I guess, the same could be said with any group of people. If you eliminate them, you will not only eliminate the good AND the bad. So crime would go down.

The point of bringing the facts of Roe vs. Wade into the discussion is any post that points to the violent crime has dropped dramatically since 1993 needs to also point out the roll of Roe vs. Wade in the change.

In post #1619, knapple said: "we're actually fixing the gun violence problem" and linked to a study about how gun violence is down since 1993.

Did I call it a fix?

Did I call it a fix?

No, that was a quote from knapple -- and a handful of other failed to stay off that path.

I beg to differ, Sir. Knapp never said anything about RvW as a fix. You, Someone, have alluded to it.

Beg all you want. Sir Knapp wrote (or as Sir Saunders prefers--Knapplc): "we're actually fixing the gun violence problem"

You are correct. He never pointed out that Roe vs. Wade has lead to the 49% drop in gun violence that Sir Knapp linked to. I pointed that out.

FACT #1: Roe vs Wade + 20 years = Violent crime begins to drop and that drop continues until it is about 1/2 of what it was in 1993. The legalization of abortion has played a very significant role in reducing violent crime in the US.

FACT #2: Sir Knapp posted "we're fixing the gun violence problem".

MY OPINION: It would be a mistake to suggest that more abortions is the solution to our violent crime problems.

ANALOGY: My spouse can correctly point out that I should do something about the 10 weeds that have sprouted up in our front yard, BUT if I go out and broadcast spray with Round-Up, while l reduce the weed problem in the short term, it would be incorrect to suggest that my actions are a good 'fix' to the problem.

No, that was a quote from knapple -- and a handful of other failed to stay off that path.

If you can't even bother to spell his name right, don't get pissed when we don't take you seriously.

Point taken.

3066818278_25798447bc.jpg

I beg to differ, Sir. Knapp never said anything about RvW as a fix. You, Someone, have alluded to it.

Beg all you want. Sir Knapp wrote (or as Sir Saunders prefers--Knapplc): "we're actually fixing the gun violence problem"

You are correct. He never pointed out that Roe vs. Wade has lead to the 49% drop in gun violence that Sir Knapp linked to. I pointed that out.

FACT #1: Roe vs Wade + 20 years = Violent crime begins to drop and that drop continues until it is about 1/2 of what it was in 1993. The legalization of abortion has played a very significant role in reducing violent crime in the US.

FACT #2: Sir Knapp posted "we're fixing the gun violence problem".

MY OPINION: It would be a mistake to suggest that more abortions is the solution to our violent crime problems.

ANALOGY: My spouse can correctly point out that I should do something about the 10 weeds that have sprouted up in our front yard, BUT if I go out and broadcast spray with Round-Up, while l reduce the weed problem in the short term, it would be incorrect to suggest that my actions are a good 'fix' to the problem.

If you can't even bother to spell his name right, don't get pissed when we don't take you seriously.

Point taken.

3066818278_25798447bc.jpg

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

I find something interesting.

This thread started off basically demanding that we have new gun regulations.

Since then, the new gun regulations failed to pass congress.

The discussion has now turned to liberal leaning people pointing out that gun violence is way down in the US compared to historical levels. It is also being pointed out by those liberal leaning people that other factors have played a factor in reducing that gun violence other than new gun regulations.

Interesting.