Gun Control

Roark

Are there many examples of a CWP holder using his or her gun to stop a active shooter before the police arrived?

How many lives have been saved because of the average Joe on the street might actually be Rambo?

What is the NRA's count on" lives saved because of citizens packing heat" since the Newtown shooting?

I would think that the NRA would grow some balls and state that targets of humans should be limited to silhouettes. After all, I understand that they oppose gun violence.

I would think that the NRA would grow some balls and state that targets of humans should be limited to silhouettes. After all, I understand that they oppose gun violence.

You don't say.

unclericothrowing.gif

• Fire 1

Sorry, don't jump in here to read every single post. From either side :D

just reppin' my side of the street a little :)

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gun-crimes-pew-report-20130507,0,3022693.story

I agree; the Repub of Kali has some very stringent laws relating to gun control. And "they" are in the process of devising more. They had to pass a bill to fund "ENFORCING" a law already in existence. Gotta luv politicians. Well, I never will. :) There are a couple I gotta a little man luv for; don't kiss, don't tell.

I love it when people (usually liberals) fight against stereotypes but use them anyway.

I love that this is all within the same sentence.

Rather efficient wasn't it? Funny thing is, I don't think either you nor Junior understood the point.

I understand the point you were trying to make. You just did it very poorly.

I love it when people (usually liberals) fight against stereotypes but use them anyway.

I love that this is all within the same sentence.

Rather efficient wasn't it? Funny thing is, I don't think either you nor Junior understood the point.

Suuuuuure. :P

Are there many examples of a CWP holder using his or her gun to stop a active shooter before the police arrived?

How many lives have been saved because of the average Joe on the street might actually be Rambo?

What is the NRA's count on" lives saved because of citizens packing heat" since the Newtown shooting?

Seeing no answers, I went looking and found 16 times in the past ~20 years that a possible mass shooting was stopped with the help of a ordinary citizen and their trusted firearm.

Between 1993-2002 ~175 people have been killed as the result of a accidental discharge of a firearm AT WORK.

It seems that the chance of AVERAGE JOE RAMBO stopping the next mass shooting is just a fraction of the chance that AVERAGE JOE RAMBO will accidentially shooting a co-worker or an innocent bystander.

Do tell the NRA this. The right to carry your weapon everywhere comes at a HELL OF A HIGH PRICE.

• Fire 1

Seeing no answers, I went looking and found 16 times in the past ~20 years that a possible mass shooting was stopped with the help of a ordinary citizen and their trusted firearm.

Between 1993-2002 ~175 people have been killed as the result of a accidental discharge of a firearm AT WORK.

It seems that the chance of AVERAGE JOE RAMBO stopping the next mass shooting is just a fraction of the chance that AVERAGE JOE RAMBO will accidentially shooting a co-worker or an innocent bystander.

Do tell the NRA this. The right to carry your weapon everywhere comes at a HELL OF A HIGH PRICE.

Having a conversations with yourself always gets a +1 in my book.

God bless the NRA conference, it really brings the crazy out in the politicians:

http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/05/transcript-ted-cruz-remarks-at-2013-nra-convention/

It seems to me that when the Constitution says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, that means the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The Constitution matters. All of the Constitution. It’s not pick and choose. It’s not take what part you like and get rid of the parts you don’t like. For some reason Obama liberals want to disregard the First Amendment and take away our right to speak and political speech. For some reason they want to disregard the Fourth and Fifth Amendments.

I'm sorry, what now? Care to explain? No??

And, for some reason the Obama liberals want to disregard the Tenth Amendment and implement Obamacare and take away our liberties. Every word of the Constitution matters. It is our fundamental protection of our liberties against the government….

I see, so I assume you are for equal rights for marriage?

http://www.therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-explains-his-position-on-gay-marriage-and-the-constitution/

“I support traditional marriage between one man and one woman,” Cruz said after speaking to the Richardson Chamber of Commerce. “The Constitution leaves it to the states to decide upon marriage and I hope the Supreme Court respects centuries of tradition and doesn’t step into the process of setting aside state laws that make the definition of marriage.”

Oh, so not EVERY word of the Constitution.... Presumably by "our" liberties, he means the liberties of people who look and act like he does.

I was proud to join my friends Senator Rand Paul and Senator Mike Lee in writing a short and simple letter to Harry Reid that said we will filibuster any legislation that undermines the bill of rights and the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. But what happened next was truly amazing. What happened next was each and every one of you, millions of Americans began speaking out…and what happened in this battle is that millions of men and women across the country got on the phone, got on Facebook, got on Twitter and said, ‘Leave our Constitution alone.’

Yea, Americans began speaking:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/apr/18/gabrielle-giffords/gabby-giffords-says-americans-overwhelmingly-suppo/

Four independent polls taken in the previous month showed that some sort of expansion of background checks earned the support of between 83 percent and 91 percent of respondents, a level of backing we think qualifies as "overwhelming."