Gun Control

Roark

In the higher crime rate area's (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Elizabeth, etc) then it's neck and neck. They just don't have the manpower to deal with all the sh*t thats going down in their towns...

It is the job of the ATF to police the illegal trafficking of guns. Something that is made substantially more difficult by the absurd limitations Congress has imposed on them thanks to encouragement from the NRA.

• Fire 1

In the higher crime rate area's (Newark, Paterson, Jersey City, Elizabeth, etc) then it's neck and neck. They just don't have the manpower to deal with all the sh*t thats going down in their towns...

It is the job of the ATF to police the illegal trafficking of guns. Something that is made substantially more difficult by the absurd limitations Congress has imposed on them thanks to encouragement from the NRA.

Oh, they're doing a bang up job...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

• Fire 1

Oh, they're doing a bang up job...

http://en.wikipedia....walking_scandal

Yea, they are reduced to ridiculous schemes like that because:

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

For example, under current laws the bureau is prohibited from creating a federal registry of gun transactions. So while detectives on television tap a serial number into a computer and instantly identify the buyer of a firearm, the reality could not be more different.

When law enforcement officers recover a gun and serial number, workers at the bureau’s National Tracing Center here — a windowless warehouse-style building on a narrow road outside town — begin making their way through a series of phone calls, asking first the manufacturer, then the wholesaler and finally the dealer to search their files to identify the buyer of the firearm.

The bureau’s struggles are epitomized by its lack of a full-time director since Congress, prodded by the N.R.A., decided that the position should require Senate confirmation. That leadership vacuum, Mr. Bealefeld and others said, has inevitably depleted morale and kept the agency from developing a coherent agenda.

The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, for example, prohibits A.T.F. agents from making more than one unannounced inspection per year of licensed gun dealers. The law also reduced the falsification of records by dealers to a misdemeanor and put in place vague language defining what it meant to “engage in business” without a dealer’s license.

Both provisions, said William J. Vizzard, an emeritus professor of criminal justice at California State University, Sacramento, and a former A.T.F. special agent, made it more difficult for the bureau to go after gun sellers who broke the law.

The so-called Tiahrt amendments — named for Todd Tiahrt, a former Republican congressman from Kansas, and first attached as riders to appropriations bills in 2003 and 2004 — limited the A.T.F.’s ability to share tracing information on firearms linked to crimes with local and state law enforcement agencies and with the public. Those restrictions have been loosened in subsequent versions of the amendments. But under the most recent Tiahrt amendment, adopted in 2010, the A.T.F. still cannot release anything but aggregate data to the public. The amendment still prohibits the bureau from using tracing data in some legal proceedings to suspend or revoke a dealer’s license, and it requires that records of background checks of gun buyers be destroyed within 24 hours of approval. Advocates of tighter regulation say this makes it harder to identify dealers who falsify records or buyers who make “straw” purchases for others.

• Fire 2

http://www.propublica.org/article/five-federal-policies-on-guns-you-never-heard-of

The ATF can't require gun dealers to conduct an inventory to account for lost or stolen guns; records of customer background checks must be destroyed within 24 hours if they are clean enough to allow the sale; and trace data can't be used in state civil lawsuits or in an effort to suspend or revoke a gun dealer's license.

"A right vs. a priviledge"

DC residents Voting

Blacks voting

Women voting

Voting at age 18

Operation a Church or religious organization

Selling booze

Citizenship

All of the above are protected in the constitution, yet all require some form of registration.

BUT in most states you don't have to show any form of ID to vote. Some "red" states excluded :)

There is still a difference between a right and a priviledge.

Which states don't require you to be registered prior to voting?

Are Churches required to apply to tax exempt status with the IRS (if they don't want to pay taxes)?

Can I become a citizen or get a birth certificate without filling out the proper forms?

Can I sell booze (post prohibition) without government approval?

To purchase a gun, you have to get a background check...

I so wish that was true.

If you are purchasing from an arms dealer, than yes it's true.

But why would I take the time and hassle to do that? I could just call a guy like this.

For Sale: Glock 32 Gen 3 Sale from today until Friday only

Price: $ 700 Seller: Private Party

Listed On: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 Listed In: Handguns Location: East, Wichita, Kansas - Manufacturer: Glock Caliber: 357 SIG Action: Striker Fire Firearm Type: Pistol

Edit | Favorite

Two weeks old Glock 32 Gen 3 .357 Sig. I bought it two weeks ago brand new waiting for what I really wanted. Now I found it so I'm selling this one. Complete gun, 2-13 rd mags, Glock hard case, all paper work, test shells, and gun lock. Also I'm selling it with 200 rds of Remington .357 Sig ammo. I'm losing money on this one but I have to get rid of it. Really good price. Look up what you'd spend and you'll see what I mean. Must do transfer on gun that is free of charge. Please call or text me @ (316)519-2044. Will send pics on request.

At the time I first posted it, that just happened to be most recent listing for a gun in the state of Kansas (where it is illegal to enforce some federal firearms laws) on a popular internet site that brings together gun buyers and sellers. No background check required.

k-bigpic.jpg

Not meaning to attack any party, but I find this ad ironic.

Republicans are worried that someone is going to "take their guns." So they use a depiction of Native Americans to bolster their support ... while wanting to "build fences" and stop immigration.

Am I the only one that finds this a little funny?

k-bigpic.jpg

Not meaning to attack any party, but I find this ad ironic.

Republicans are worried that someone is going to "take their guns." So they use a depiction of Native Americans to bolster their support ... while wanting to "build fences" and stop immigration.

Am I the only one that finds this a little funny?

Dripping with irony.

Muslims form a well regulated Militia

"...very smart and sneaky," said Wayne LaPierre, president of the NRA. "They know that guns cannot be controlled by law but must be well regulated. These guys are having training sessions on maximizing civilian deaths... They've got an org chart that diagrams the entire hierarchy, a Jihadi Manual and even matching t-shirts-- talk about 'well regulated.' You can't get more well regulated than that. The NRA welcomes these well organized militias in their efforts to stop government tyranny."

US boy, 5, accidentally shoots and kills sister, 2

A five-year-old boy who was playing with a .22 caliber rifle he'd been given as a gift accidentally shot and killed his little sister in their Kentucky home, officials said.

The shooting happened Tuesday in rural Cumberland county and the two-year-old girl was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead, the state police said.

Cumberland County Coroner Gary White identified the girl as Caroline Starks and said the children's mother was cleaning the house at the time and had stepped outside onto the porch.

"She said no more than three minutes had went by and she actually heard the rifle go off. She ran back in and found the little girl," White told WKYT news.

The rifle had been given to the boy last year and was kept in the corner of a room. The parents didn't realize a shell had been left in it.