Gun Control

Roark

Yes, the second amendment isn't unlimited. Do you have a case for where, when and why the line(s) should be drawn?

"Reasonable" regulation is allowed.

Yes. That's basically what I was asking - what rationale is there for whatever line he would like to have drawn.

And it's basically an unanswerable question . . . unless you're just asking for an unsupported personal opinion.

Re-read my posts, if you can't figure it out, there's no point in further discussion.

I assume you just threw out the part about the founders intent because it sounded good and you didn't think you'd get called on it.

Now you've moved on to simply arguing that the second amendment isn't unlimited.

Pretty close?

Not quite. Read what I say, not what you think I say.

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1193507

Yes, the second amendment isn't unlimited. Do you have a case for where, when and why the line(s) should be drawn?

We've argued this ad nauseam in this very thread. The line is a matter of personal opinion and can't be proven one way or the other.

http://www.npr.org/2...ally-owned-guns

California is the only state in the country that identifies people who are prohibited from having a gun and then sends agents out to knock on their door.

And not at all surprisingly, the NRA is against it. I wonder why that would be?

The NRA initially supported California's program, but it's since become disenchanted. The program "is being billed as something that it's not," says C.D. "Chuck" Michel, a civil rights attorney whose clients include the NRA and the California Rifle and Pistol Association Foundation.

"It's being billed as going after dangerous people," Michel says. "And for the most part, with some exceptions, admittedly, it's not going after dangerous people. It's not making society any safer."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9585945/teens-charged-following-death-christoper-lane-australian-college-baseball-player-oklahoma

Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper reported that roses and a baseball were placed Monday on the home plate where Lane played as a youth with the message, "A wonderful young man taken too soon. Why?"

Former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer criticized the National Rifle Association and asked Australians to avoid the U.S. as a way to force its Congress to act on gun control.

"Tourists thinking of going to the USA should think twice," Fischer told the Herald Sun. "This is the bitter harvest and legacy of the policies of the NRA that even blocked background checks for people buying guns at gunshows. People should take this into account before going to the United States. I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers (but) it's a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the USA. There is a gun for almost every American."

http://espn.go.com/c...player-oklahoma

Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper reported that roses and a baseball were placed Monday on the home plate where Lane played as a youth with the message, "A wonderful young man taken too soon. Why?"

Former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer criticized the National Rifle Association and asked Australians to avoid the U.S. as a way to force its Congress to act on gun control.

"Tourists thinking of going to the USA should think twice," Fischer told the Herald Sun. "This is the bitter harvest and legacy of the policies of the NRA that even blocked background checks for people buying guns at gunshows. People should take this into account before going to the United States. I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers (but) it's a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the USA. There is a gun for almost every American."

Why isn't Al Sharpton down there, demanding justice?

the prez, al and jessie had a conflict in their golf schedule. No can do.

I'm more in tune with why the former pm for Aussieland doesn't understand how the NRA could be so lax in raising such fine morally upstanding youngsters as those three in Oklahoma. Wowser.

Boredom. Who'd a thunk it. They just wanted to watch someone die. I guess playin' hoops or catch just don't cut it anymore.

But they are just babies. Yeah, right.

Wrong continent I guess.

Wrong continent I guess.

I was thinking more along the lines of, wrong "team"...

Wrong continent I guess.

I was thinking more along the lines of, wrong "team"...

Kind of what I was hinting at.

Not sure what this has to do with gun control.