Gun Control

Roark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conventional_weapon

The terms conventional weapons or conventional arms generally refer to weapons that are in relatively wide use that are not weapons of mass destruction (e.g. nuclear, chemical, andbiological weapons). Conventional weapons include small arms and light weapons, sea and land mines, as well as (non-nuclear) bombs, shells, rockets, missiles and cluster munitions. These weapons use explosive material based on chemical energy, as opposed to nuclear energy in nuclear weapons.

The acceptable use of all types of conventional weapons in war time is governed by the Geneva Conventions. Certain types of conventional weapons are also regulated or prohibited under the United Nations Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons. Other are prohibited under the Convention on Cluster Munitions and the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction.

http://en.wikipedia....entional_weapon

The terms conventional weapons or conventional arms generally refer to weapons that are in relatively wide use that are not weapons of mass destruction (e.g.nuclear, chemical, andbiological weapons). Conventional weapons include small arms and light weapons, sea and land mines, as well as (non-nuclear) bombs, shells, rockets, missiles and cluster munitions. These weapons use explosive material based on chemical energy, as opposed to nuclear energy in nuclear weapons.

The acceptable use of all types of conventional weapons in war time is governed by the Geneva Conventions. Certain types of conventional weapons are also regulated or prohibited under the United Nations Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons. Other are prohibited under the Convention on Cluster Munitions and the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction.

No no no. Your using the word weapon and firearm as the same thing. And it's not. I'm talking about firearms.

Lest we forget, that arm is short for armament:

ar·ma·ment

/ˈärməmənt/

Noun

• Military weapons and equipment: "chemical weapons and other unconventional armaments".
  • The process of equipping military forces for war.

Synonyms

arming - arms - weaponry

The terms conventional weapons or conventional arms generally refer to weapons that are in relatively wide use that are not weapons of mass destruction (e.g.nuclear, chemical, andbiological weapons). Conventional weapons include small arms and light weapons, sea and land mines, as well as (non-nuclear) bombs, shells, rockets, missiles and cluster munitions. These weapons use explosive material based on chemical energy, as opposed to nuclear energy in nuclear weapons.

No no no. Your using the word weapon and firearm as the same thing. And it's not. I'm talking about firearms.

Yes, you are talking about firearms. I'm talking about a direct reading of the constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

By all means, tell me where the word "firearm" appears in the 2nd Amendment.

Yes, you are talking about firearms. I'm talking about a direct reading of the constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

By all means, tell me where the word "firearm" appears in the 2nd Amendment.

What are you trying to get at?

What are you trying to get at?

Well, I've already explicitly stated it, but I will do so again.

The government already limits what kinds of arms an individual can have. Why would banning the AR-15 and other assault type weapons be "an all out assault on the 2nd amendment"?