Gun Control

Roark

What are you trying to get at?

Well, I've already explicitly stated it, but I will do so again.

The government already limits what kinds of arms an individual can have. Why would banning the AR-15 and other assault type weapons be "an all out assault on the 2nd amendment"?

Because it won't solve anything.

Based on what data? That Australia's ban on assault weapons didn't decrease the rate of mass shootings from 11 in the decade before the ban to 0 in the decade after? But wait, it DID do that....

I just want to keep my mini-14 that I use for coyote hunting.

A Mini-14 was the most inaccurate rifle that I've ever owned. (7" plus groups at 100 yds with handloads.) Good riddance to that clunky junk . . . I'm much happier with my .204.

(That said, I think that you should be able to keep your Mini-14 too . . .)

The government already limits what kinds of arms an individual can have. Why would banning the AR-15 and other assault type weapons be "an all out assault on the 2nd amendment"?

Based on what data? That Australia's ban on assault weapons didn't decrease the rate of mass shootings from 11 in the decade before the ban to 0 in the decade after? But wait, it DID do that....

So instead of using "assault rifles" mass shootings will be because of pistols and shotguns. Next in line "assault pistols and assault shotguns".

I just want to keep my mini-14 that I use for coyote hunting.

A Mini-14 was the most inaccurate rifle that I've ever owned. (7" plus groups at 100 yds with handloads.) Good riddance to that clunky junk . . . I'm much happier with my .204.

(That said, I think that you should be able to keep your Mini-14 too . . .)

I actually prefer a bolt .223 myself. But I will admit the mini-14 is fun when they're on the run.

So instead of using "assault rifles" mass shootings will be because of pistols and shotguns. Next in line "assault pistols and assault shotguns".

Australia didn't ban pistols and shotguns. Yet they succeeded in lowering the homicide rate by 59% after their assault weapon ban.

There must be a psychological effect of having a assault rifle that causes these shootings I guess.

I'm quite certain that there is.

Why do you like having an assault rifle? Does it make you feel safer? More powerful? I'm quite certain the same holds true, and is perhaps exacerbated, for someone already contemplating murder.

There must be a psychological effect of having a assault rifle that causes these shootings I guess.

I'm quite certain that there is.

Why do you like having an assault rifle? Does it make you feel safer? More powerful? I'm quite certain the same holds true, and is perhaps exacerbated, for someone already contemplating murder.

Well I only own one. I actually own more bolt action rifles and shotguns then anything else. But I think many people just like being gun collectors.

Hey Harry, see you're fighting the good fight again today.

Junior, the devil is in the details. The list I saw circulated recently concerning banning "assault" weapons included a list of specific arms, PLUS the definition that it contain ONE of a long list of features, (which is the criteria to expand the list). A lawyer friend once explained to me that it would take an act of congress to create the list, but once created, would take only policy changes by a mindless bureaucrat to add to it.

I'm not a proponent of limiting the liberty of law abiding citizens, in a (futile) attempt to correct our societal failings.

Hey Harry, see you're fighting the good fight again today.

Junior, the devil is in the details. The list I saw circulated recently concerning banning "assault" weapons included a list of specific arms, PLUS the definition that it contain ONE of a long list of features, (which is the criteria to expand the list). A lawyer friend once explained to me that it would take an act of congress to create the list, but once created, would take only policy changes by a mindless bureaucrat to add to it.

I'm not a proponent of limiting the liberty of law abiding citizens, in a (futile) attempt to correct our societal failings.

I think you are onto something here. We could completely get rid of criminals if we made any and all activity legal!

Get rid of laws banning murder! I mean, talk about a futile attempt to correct for societal failings.

What about laws against rape? If the woman can't stop it herself, why should the man's liberty be limited?