Gun Control

Roark

Again, pro-gun people, answer this:

Why would you ever, EVER, need an assault rifle? Why would any civilian need an assault rifle?

I'm not pro gun, but my brother used an SKS for coyote hunting. That's about all I can come up with. I'm not real knowledgeable about firearms though.

That's like using a blast furnace to cook a hamburger

would you like to have one "IF" the US was ever invaded by a hostile enemy? i agree that it is not very likely but I would like to have the ability to own one myself

Why would you ever, EVER, need an assault rifle? Why would any civilian need an assault rifle?

I'm not pro gun, but my brother used an SKS for coyote hunting. That's about all I can come up with. I'm not real knowledgeable about firearms though.

would you like to have one "IF" the US was ever invaded by a hostile enemy? i agree that it is not very likely but I would like to have the ability to own one myself

I'm not pro-gun but I don't think it is a matter of need. It's a matter of want. This is America and we do things based on want. No one needs to Super Size their value meal. No one needs a car that costs $75,000. The point that is usually made is that they own it because they want it and the Constitution says they can.

I'm not pro-gun but I don't think it is a matter of need. It's a matter of want. This is America and we do things based on want. No one needs to Super Size their value meal. No one needs a car that costs $75,000. The point that is usually made is that they own it because they want it and the Constitution says they can.

I want to own meth. Show me where the constitution prohibits that.

The New York Times, FoxNews, the Senate, the Rebublican leadership in Washington and the NRA all refer to using the internet to advertise to buy or sale a gun as internet sales or on-line sales.

We do know that criminals find guns to buy via the internet. We do know that these site facilitate transfers that are done on the honor system and far easier to cheat than buying a gun from a FFL. We do know that people get killed with the weapons that are sold this way.

What stops a FFL dealer from selling weapons to felons? Are we to assume that the FFL dealer will follow the law? In fact, while there are exceptions, the vast majority of FFL dealers do follow the law. The risk and penalties for not following the law are great enough for them to be compelled to do the required background checks.

Today, it's harder to buy sudefed than a hand gun. Both should be items that can be obtained, while at the same time we should take reasonable precautions to prevent people who should have access to these items.

I don't know where in the wide world of sports you got that info from, but not even close. Buying a handgun requires a permit, background check, and the dealer is not required to sell you a gun.

Look at this:

For Sale: Glock 32 Gen 3 Sale from today until Friday only

Price: $ 700 Seller: Private Party Listings by this user

Listed On: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 Listed In: Handguns Location: East, Wichita, Kansas - Map Manufacturer: Glock Caliber: 357 SIG Action: Striker Fire Firearm Type: Pistol

Edit | Favorite

Two weeks old Glock 32 Gen 3 .357 Sig. I bought it two weeks ago brand new waiting for what I really wanted. Now I found it so I'm selling this one. Complete gun, 2-13 rd mags, Glock hard case, all paper work, test shells, and gun lock. Also I'm selling it with 200 rds of Remington .357 Sig ammo. I'm losing money on this one but I have to get rid of it. Really good price. Look up what you'd spend and you'll see what I mean. Must do transfer on gun that is free of charge. Please call or text me @ (316)519-2044. Will send pics on request.

http://www.armslist....til-friday-only

That just happens to be most recent listing for a gun in the state of Kansas (where it is illegal to enforce some federal firearms laws).

I don't want to buy sudafed for an individual but if I did, it would be illegal and I am guessing you can't find any legally published listing on the internet where is can call someone who is wanted to sell be their sudafed.

Facts rule.

He's saying that you could buy it from an individual. While technically true, you can do the same with sudafed, or any other drug.

Not true. The sell sudafed as well as any perscription drug between to individuals is illegal.

Anything else you want to get wrong?

Newsflash... selling a gun to a person with a criminal record is illegal too. But that's not stopping people, just like the laws governing the sale of drugs aren't working either. That's the point that they were trying to make. You're just trying to pick a fight, without reading what's being said and applying critical thought. You were wrong about your "online gun sales" bullsh#t. Deal with it. Move on with the discussion.

ADS said: "Buying a handgun requires a permit, background check, and...." This is not true. Look at the LEGAL ad on Armslist.

saunders45 said: "He's saying that you could buy it from an individual. While technically true, you can do the same with sudafed, or any other drug." This is not true. It is legal to buy a gun from an individual but it is not legal to buy sudafed from an individual.

Today, it's harder to buy sudefed than a hand gun.

ADS said: "Buying a handgun requires a permit, background check, and...." This is not true. Look at the LEGAL ad on Armslist.

saunders45 said: "He's saying that you could buy it from an individual. While technically true, you can do the same with sudafed, or any other drug." This is not true. It is legal to buy a gun from an individual but it is not legal to buy sudafed from an individual.

I can walk across the street and buy sudafed and be out in 2 minutes.

Nope.

Newsflash... selling a gun to a person with a criminal record is illegal too.

Knowingly or unknowingly?

Both. If you sell to a someone who cannot have a weapon (felony, mental health, etc..), and they do something with it, or get caught, it can come back on you for not doing your due diligence.

Good point. Person to Person gun sales that start out with internet ads are done on the honor system.

'Why should we change that? The criminals are still going to get around the rules.'

Perhaps everything should be done on the honor system.

• Taxes
  • speed limits
  • Blood Alcohol Limits
  • immigration
  • arms treadies
  • weapons inspections
  • welfare
  • that little sticker on the gas pump that says when you pump a gallon you really get a gallon
  • food stamps
  • student loans
  • ACT tests

We don't need rules. They don't stop the cheaters anyway.

Good point. Person to Person gun sales that start out with internet ads are done on the honor system.

'Why should we change that? The criminals are still going to get around the rules.'

• Taxes
  • speed limits
  • Blood Alcohol Limits
  • immigration
  • arms treadies
  • weapons inspections
  • welfare
  • that little sticker on the gas pump that says when you pump a gallon you really get a gallon
  • food stamps
  • student loans
  • ACT tests

You literally are the king of strawman arguments.

Nope.

Why do you have to cross the street? I can have a person bring me a handgun to my home or office and I don't have to even get off my fat seat or show my id to anyone, much less have it logged for 2 years.

Nope.

Why do you have to cross the street? I can have a person bring me a handgun to my home or office and I don't have to even get off my fat seat or show my id to anyone, much less have it logged for 2 years.

Still more work than buying sudafed.

• Taxes
  • speed limits
  • Blood Alcohol Limits
  • immigration
  • arms treadies
  • weapons inspections
  • welfare
  • food stamps
  • student loans
  • ACT tests

You literally are the king of strawman arguments.

You: "that's not stopping people, just like the laws governing the sale of drugs aren't working either. That's the point that they were trying to make."

Me: "We don't need rules. They don't stop the cheaters anyway."

It seems I am only parrioting your position.

Nope.

Still more work than buying sudafed.

How? Make one phone call and hand over money vs going to a licensed retailer, asking the licensed professional for the product, providing ID, having your information recorded and logged for 2 years, hand over money, returning home.

You have an odd definition of work.