Turnovers

Just can't say how happy i am about how hard we played. For the most part, it's been that way on almost every play. I think that never say die attitude and effort may have hit us with the turnovers. Extra effort, wanting to complete passes, etc. Sucks ...that's for sure

The turnover in the 3rd killed us, the fumble....we were running for 5+ yards a rush. turnovers kill!!!

Just can't say how happy i am about how hard we played. For the most part, it's been that way on almost every play. I think that never say die attitude and effort may have hit us with the turnovers. Extra effort, wanting to complete passes, etc. Sucks ...that's for sure

The turnover in the 3rd killed us, the fumble....we were running for 5+ yards a rush. turnovers kill!!!

And look all QB's throw Int's............................Murray an outstanding QB, who might go in the first round threw 2 Int's today.

I rip on martinez for the interceptions, but that is him just trying to be greedy, However all the fumbles we have seems to me that they just get lazy out there. Fumbles are inexcusable.

Greedy is a tough word..............sometimes he was trying to make the play......for every bad play he made (like every other player makes) he made 10 positive ones.

What I fail to understand is how credit can't be given to Aaron Murray for tearing apart a very good pass defense. He threw a lot of players open today. You can only defend the pass so well, just look at anybody trying to defend passes from Peyton Manning this year. For the most part, we had them covered, and Murray threw a perfect pass.

You can only do so much.

But whatever, I guess that's beyond the comprehension of fans, who only wish to constantly harp on this team until we win every game by 35, and surrender 0 points in a season.

I just don't understand why ball security is not our absolute #1 priority.

You can not be 100-something ranked in turnover margin and fumbles lost and be an elite football team. You can't.

In many games this year, we managed to overcome the bad turnovers. In this game it finally proved to be the difference. This was a winnable game and it was a game in which Nebraska was the superior team - until the turnover.

What I fail to understand is where you see a very good pass defense? My apologies if I'm offending you but we are NOT as a very good pass defense, in my opinion. We can be ranked high but we play in a running conference and the teams that beat us mostly ran the ball all over us. The 'rankings' are based on numbers but what I'd like to see are the number of attempts we saw in passing versus the number of yards, interceptions and sacks. I'd argue they are not that impressive. Also, base that against the number of rushes against us versus the success of those rushes.

Us 'fans' only wish to harp on the team until we win by 35...well, I'd say it's a hell of a lot better than the times we lost by 35 or more this season. Dress it how you'd like but we're an average football team. We played much better today than we did against Wisconsin....or did we?

Georgia - Capital One Bowl

589 total yards - 427 passing, 162 rushing - Gave up 6 TDs

Wisconsin - Big 10 Championship Game

640 total yards - 101 passing (Wisc QB was 6/8), 539 rushing - Gave up 9 TDs

Ohio State game

498 total yards - 127 passing (14 passes attempted), 371 rushing - Gave up 7 TDs

Based on the 'numbers', my question would be is our pass defense good or is it because teams don't have to pass it against us to hang 60 on us? UGA decided to and it seemed to work all day long.

All the offense in the world won't lead you to your destination if you continue to turn the ball over and give up 45 points to the opposing team. The odds are not favorable.

That's a joke because most teams just run up and over us to win.

What? Since when is three teams out of thirteen "most"? I need to retake my arithmetic, it seems.

I just don't understand why ball security is not our absolute #1 priority.

You can not be 100-something ranked in turnover margin and fumbles lost and be an elite football team. You can't.

In many games this year, we managed to overcome the bad turnovers. In this game it finally proved to be the difference. This was a winnable game and it was a game in which Nebraska was the superior team - until the turnover.

Turnovers weren't the difference in this game, if you ask me. 3rd down was. We would have won this game handily if we could have gotten off the field on even one fourth of those third and longs.

What I fail to understand is where you see a very good pass defense? My apologies if I'm offending you but we are NOT as a very good pass defense, in my opinion. We can be ranked high but we play in a running conference and the teams that beat us mostly ran the ball all over us.

Our pass defense isn't only #1 in number of yards allowed. Check the Bo Pelini Quarterback Graveyard for statistical proof of how stingy our pass defense is. If you aren't convinced, compare the individual quarterback's numbers with their season averages. Not just in quantity of yards and touchdowns, but in efficiency. What I fail to understand is how you don't see a very good pass defense.

It looks like we are legit in pass defense to some degree based on the numbers. My apologies.

Total pass defense: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Passing&conference=I-A_all

They are good across the board, however, to my point, the rushing defense is a different story:

Total rush defense: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Rushing&conference=I-A_all

In rushing we are right up there with the worst. I guess I'm just frustrated because I'd hoped we'd have a good team this year and while I think we're good, we're not where we want to be or where we were a decade ago. 10-4 looks good but in my opinion, it's an illusion. We didn't beat anybody this year that I felt was a top team in the country and today, while we played it close most of the game, we still didn't do enough to win. We turned the ball over too many times, Taylor looked rattled a few times and out of sorts and we ultimately got beat in the air by UGA. It's a rough stretch for Nebraska fans as we've been close a few years now to getting over the hump but it feels like we're just right below it still. Here's to hoping we have a better season in 2013 and that we can iron out the issues.