Recruiting numbers

Wow...didn't ever know that. Is that normal for other years?

Often times yes. For those who follow recruiting close know that it is very hard to find that high school dominate DT that is big, thick, strong, mobile, good leverage skills, and tree trunks for legs. Those are often the DTs that dominate in college football and later get drafted into the NFL. Some years there are no true elite DTs but there will always be a top "blah" number of ranked players at the position. Some of the most dominate DTs to ever come out of high school that dominated in college football came from small rural communities....like Warren Sapp out of Florida.

According to Scout, Alabama has 84 players on their roster. Nebraska has 152. Now, I know a large part of that is our walk on program that I love and think is extremely important to our program. But, I wasn't expecting that big of difference.

Ahem..

17.9.2.1.2 Limit on Number of Participants—Bowl Subdivision. [FBS] In bowl subdivision football, there shall be a limit of 105 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted: 1/11/94, Revised:12/15/06).

According to Scout, Alabama has 84 players on their roster. Nebraska has 152. Now, I know a large part of that is our walk on program that I love and think is extremely important to our program. But, I wasn't expecting that big of difference.

Ahem..

17.9.2.1.2 Limit on Number of Participants—Bowl Subdivision. [FBS] In bowl subdivision football, there shall be a limit of 105 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted: 1/11/94, Revised:12/15/06).

We can have as many players on the roster as we want to be honest. They just can't practice until the first day of classes. That's why you hear a lot during the spring about the 105 man roster.

Ahem..

Key words Prior to..... We only have the 105 in fall camp (prior to), but once classes start everyone else can start practicing with the 105