Bronson Marsh to UNK

MLB 51

I see Ryker Fyfe making a similar move soon. Maybe Ohio, who knows! I wonder if he could play tight end?

Ryker turned down a scholarship to UNK to walk-on at Nebraska. He announced his decision on "Doug and Daddy" show that I listen to every day.

I got to watch a game his senior year. I think he has a good arm and could be a decent QB. Just wonder if he gets tired of waiting and decides to transfer to a place he can play.

I see Ryker Fyfe making a similar move soon. Maybe Ohio, who knows! I wonder if he could play tight end?

Ryker turned down a scholarship to UNK to walk-on at Nebraska. He announced his decision on "Doug and Daddy" show that I listen to every day.

I got to watch a game his senior year. I think he has a good arm and could be a decent QB. Just wonder if he gets tired of waiting and decides to transfer to a place he can play.

I watched many of his games. And from the rumbles I have heard from practice, he has really impressed the coaches. Arguably has the best arm on the team. If the coaches ever feel that they may need a QB that doesn't run a 4.4, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to make some noise. Maybe not this year, but I am willing to bet he will be on the the 3 deep next year.

I watched many of his games. And from the rumbles I have heard from practice, he has really impressed the coaches. Arguably has the best arm on the team. If the coaches ever feel that they may need a QB that doesn't run a 4.4, it wouldn't surprise me if he were to make some noise. Maybe not this year, but I am willing to bet he will be on the the 3 deep next year.

He could light it up in Watsons offense! You're right I did see him throw a pass rolling left that went about 60 in the air and it didn't look like he over exerted himself. Maybe he moves up the depth chart if we move to more spread. Becks offense at Kansas was pretty prolific with a similar QB(Reesing maybe?)

He could light it up in Watsons offense! You're right I did see him throw a pass rolling left that went about 60 in the air and it didn't look like he over exerted himself. Maybe he moves up the depth chart if we move to more spread. Becks offense at Kansas was pretty prolific with a similar QB(Reesing maybe?)

I know when UNK was recruiting him it sounded like they basically told him barring total collapse, he would more than likely be the starter. It'll be fun to see what he shows in the spring game. And yes, that QB was Reesing.

Anything over 70 really isnt an issue. I mean c'mon. With a roster limit of 70 of PS2, I can be 3-deep at every postion except K, P, and FB(2deep). RB being 4 deep. 85, 78, 83, 81. It's all meh.

(not sure if u'r serious) - But, the same people that say this are the same people that bitch about oversigning being such a HUGE advantage to the SEC. If over signing is that big of an advantage - then how big of a disadvantage is undersigning? That's the point. We were way under last year. That class could have been much larger. Sure some of the offers would have been stretches - but we're going to be under again this year. Recruiting is a numbers game - the more individuals you put in a position to succeed, the higher the number that will actually succeed. While Saban signs an extra class every 5 years, Bo signs 1/2-1 class under. That's about a 30-40 player differential over the course of 5 years. Even Ohio State signed almost a full class more than we did over the last 5 years. That's a difference of 2-3 more starters, and 4-5 more in the 2 deep. That's the difference between 10 wins and 11-12 wins. Roster management has been piss-poor the last few years...and it's beginning to bite us in the a$$ as we look at depth in a number of areas.

Anything over 70 really isnt an issue. I mean c'mon. With a roster limit of 70 of PS2, I can be 3-deep at every postion except K, P, and FB(2deep). RB being 4 deep. 85, 78, 83, 81. It's all meh.

(not sure if u'r serious) - But, the same people that say this are the same people that bitch about oversigning being such a HUGE advantage to the SEC. If over signing is that big of an advantage - then how big of a disadvantage is undersigning? That's the point. We were way under last year. That class could have been much larger. Sure some of the offers would have been stretches - but we're going to be under again this year. Recruiting is a numbers game - the more individuals you put in a position to succeed, the higher the number that will actually succeed. While Saban signs an extra class every 5 years, Bo signs 1/2-1 class under. That's about a 30-40 player differential over the course of 5 years. Even Ohio State signed almost a full class more than we did over the last 5 years. That's a difference of 2-3 more starters, and 4-5 more in the 2 deep. That's the difference between 10 wins and 11-12 wins. Roster management has been piss-poor the last few years...and it's beginning to bite us in the a$$ as we look at depth in a number of areas.

Tommy Armstrong

Tyson Broekemeier

Tyker Fyfe

Ron Kellogg III

Taylor Martinez

Now adding Johnny Stanton into the mix next year. Losing Bronson isn't a big deal and he would most likely be sitting behnd Taylor, Amrstong, Kellogg and Fyfe. If we wouldn't be redshirting Stanton next year, he would be behind him in the roster as well. We are stacked with QB's and will be for quite a while.

I don't see him leaving as even close to being a big deal. I like the fact that we offer walk-ons with scholarships, and don't waste them all on new recruits. Call me old school I guess. We have depth in every position already. The only reason depth has kicked our ass this year was because of injuries.

Why the SEC does so well in over signing kids, is because they over sign a ton of 3-4* recruits. I am not sure how much the B1G allows for over signing, but the SEC allows like 7 or maybe more I believe.

I don't see him leaving as even close to being a big deal. I like the fact that we offer walk-ons with scholarships, and don't waste them all on new recruits. Call me old school I guess. We have depth in every position already. The only reason depth has kicked our ass this year was because of injuries.

i'm not worried about Bronson specifically...just more in general the way Pelini has managed his roster the last few years. this is just another example of that. i'm more worried about the numbers. numbers usually win out when you are talking talent.

but waste them on recruits? seriously? because 1 in 30 walk-ons cracks the 2 deep...yet 1 in 3 or so recruits find themselves on this list? it's not about giving walk-ons scholly's - it's about putting together a product on the field that isn't often times an embarrassment to the state and the walkons on that team.

...and to argue the only reason why depth kicked our ass is because of injuries is the most bizarre angle i've seen taken - ever. isn't that the entire point of depth? if there weren't injuries none of us would care about depth.

We're already at 80. I'll keep you updated, kc ;)

Also, fwiw, We probably take roughly 15 walk-ons per year, and I'm guessing there are 3-6 on the two deep any given year, so I'd say their contribution rate is quite a bit better than one in thirty. Probably more like one in eight or so.

• 1 month later...