A diamond the size of a refrigerator

How about looking at it from a slightly different angle.

The primary reason religions exist is because of when they were formed. In ages where many people could not read, could not count past their number of fingers, and had no concept of science. This we take for granted would be magical and evil.

In order to explain things that people had no answer for they created gods to be the answer. Their continuation into today is as much tradition as anything else. Most people adhere to the religion of their parents.

If science had been in a place like it is now, I contend that most of the world's religions would never have formed. Because there are answers, even if not all of them are complete.

Try spinning the tales of 'miracles' today and see how many people would believe it. Hell, I have always found it interesting that gods stopped doing overt actions.

But I wonder if you're leaving out a small detail: That you're presupposing a staunch form of materialism is 100% correct. Because if you are in fact doing that, then your point goes both ways.

Is there anyone else on here that believes in creationism and evolution both? I for one do and believe both are possible to exist together.

If you believe in both, then one of the two things you believe in isn't actually creationism or evolution.

How's that? they are not mutually exclusive.

Thats what i'm saying. I believe both can happen and can both be true. I believe in God and creationism, but i also have a BS in biology and can see how things adapt and evolve over time. I dont believe they have to be mutually exclusive.

Is there anyone else on here that believes in creationism and evolution both? I for one do and believe both are possible to exist together.

If you believe in both, then one of the two things you believe in isn't actually creationism or evolution.

Thats what i'm saying. I believe both can happen and can both be true. I believe in God and creationism, but i also have a BS in biology and can see how things adapt and evolve over time. I dont believe they have to be mutually exclusive.

I believe in both, no problem whatsoever. God created everything and that would include all scientific understanding. I don't have a BS in biology but some on here will tell you I'm full of BS if that counts for anything.

I believe in both, no problem whatsoever. God created everything and that would include all scientific understanding. I don't have a BS in biology but some on here will tell you I'm full of BS if that counts for anything.

They are mutually exclusive. I guess if you want to use the definition technically speaking, it simply means a belief that God created the Earth, but if you're actually using it to refer to something specific, Young-Earth Creationism and Old Earth Creationism are both incompatible with evolutionary theory, and are really the only two types of defined Creationism theory.

Maybe we're arguing semantics. In which case, it would do you guys a lot of good to refer to Creationism as something else so as not to confuse the majority of people - theistic evolution, intelligent design, etc.

P.S. Creationism is a crock.

They are mutually exclusive. I guess if you want to use the definition technically speaking, it simply means a belief that God created the Earth, but if you're actually using it to refer to something specific, Young-Earth Creationism and Old Earth Creationism are both incompatible with evolutionary theory, and are really the only two types of defined Creationism theory.

Maybe we're arguing semantics. In which case, it would do you guys a lot of good to refer to Creationism as something else so as not to confuse the majority of people - theistic evolution, intelligent design, etc.

One reason i tend not to post in religion threads much. You have your opinion and thats fine, i have mine. We'll agree to disagree. Some can understand how i believe science and faith can intertwine, some cannot and take definitions of certain things as fact and the only way of looking at things. I believe God created mankind. I also believe all living things evolve over time. Humans/animals/etc have evolved and changed with time to adapt to changes on earth whether climate changes, technology, etc. I dont believe they have to be exclusive. You believe that creationism is a crock, i believe not believing it is a crock. We differ in our beliefs which is fine.

One reason i tend not to post in religion threads much. You have your opinion and thats fine, i have mine. We'll agree to disagree. Some can understand how i believe science and faith can intertwine, some cannot and take definitions of certain things as fact and the only way of looking at things. I believe God created mankind. I also believe all living things evolve over time. Humans/animals/etc have evolved and changed with time to adapt to changes on earth whether climate changes, technology, etc. I dont believe they have to be exclusive. You believe that creationism is a crock, i believe not believing it is a crock. We differ in our beliefs which is fine.

Ugh. What? Did you read the rest of what I wrote? I am a huge proponent of the unity of science and faith, and also believe God created mankind, and also believe things evolve.

My saying creationism is a crock is saying that the belief that God created the world in six literal days, with the story of Genesis being a literal and historical account of the first humans being created into full maturity and with nothing related to evolution is a crock.

You obviously don't believe this, because it's completely incompatible with evolution.

I guess i misunderstood. I believe that taking the bible literal word for word isnt really what its meant to be either. I think things evolve over time, but no i dont believe we as humans evolved from a single cell. So do i believe in actual evoluyion theory? No. But i believe in living things "evolving" over time and change of environment etc. I guess i see what you are saying as far as looking at it from literal definition of creationism and evolution

I guess i misunderstood. I believe that taking the bible literal word for word isnt really what its meant to be either. I think things evolve over time, but no i dont believe we as humans evolved from a single cell. So do i believe in actual evoluyion theory? No. But i believe in living things "evolving" over time and change of environment etc. I guess i see what you are saying as far as looking at it from literal definition of creationism and evolution

If you go around telling people you believe in creationism, if they're familiar with the study 99% of the time the above is what they will think you believe.

Theistic evolution is probably closer to what you believe. I'm not really sure. Certainly you are free to believe what you like, though. Salvation doesn't depend on our opinion on creation, thank God :)

My thoughts align with CNRed. Landlord, sometimes your finite definitions confuse the general opinions originally tendered. Sometimes maybe we can let generalities slide especially when they are in basic agreement with your own. Maybe it's just me but I haven't run into too many people who subscribe to the literal six day creation story or those who think humans rode on dinosaurs as is promoted at that creation musuem. I think we can leave the fringe exactly there- on the fringe.

• Fire 2

My thoughts align with CNRed. Landlord, sometimes your finite definitions confuse the general opinions originally tendered. Sometimes maybe we can let generalities slide especially when they are in basic agreement with your own. Maybe it's just me but I haven't run into too many people who subscribe to the literal six day creation story or those who think humans rode on dinosaurs as is promoted at that creation musuem. I think we can leave the fringe exactly there- on the fringe.

I guess we operate in different societies. You wouldn't believe how prevalent that sort of thinking is among Christian circles that I interact with. It's extremely frustrating. I tend to be as specific and intentional in what I say as possible, and thus I assume other people are doing the same even though it doesn't happen that often.