honest question, has espn broke a major story this millennium? obviously i am not a big espn fan, although i do like espn radio. do they even see themselves are journalists anymore? they seem like they are just an entertainment conglomerate. as long as they show the big games and get the cash from it, they can do whatever they want. kinda concerning.

honest question, has espn broke a major story this millennium? obviously i am not a big espn fan, although i do like espn radio. do they even see themselves are journalists anymore? they seem like they are just an entertainment conglomerate. as long as they show the big games and get the cash from it, they can do whatever they want. kinda concerning.

To be honest, do they actually have to break the story? They have such a worldwide following and such a huge staff that they're gonna pick up on the breaking news pretty quick and essentially "retweet" it. People are gonna hear rumblings of whatever news is breaking and default to ESPN if they aren't already watching.

To be honest, do they actually have to break the story? They have such a worldwide following and such a huge staff that they're gonna pick up on the breaking news pretty quick and essentially "retweet" it. People are gonna hear rumblings of whatever news is breaking and default to ESPN if they aren't already watching.

that is my concern though. a lot of people were waiting for espn to verify the deadspin story, but espn has turned itself into such a jumbled mess of conflicting interests. how can anyone trust them? espn can also hide or re-frame stories they find disagreeable.

ESPN is kind of like google news, they just collect the articles and stories from the source and then present them to you. Bob Lee is about the only person their that seems to do any investigating. Look at when we were leaving the Big 12 they differed to that guy from Orangebloods for god sake.

ESPN is kind of like google news, they just collect the articles and stories from the source and then present them to you. Bob Lee is about the only person their that seems to do any investigating. Look at when we were leaving the Big 12 they differed to that guy from Orangebloods for god sake.

am i the only one concerned about their possible agendas and framing of stories?

IMO good journalists

Jeremy Shaap

Buster Olney

Tim Kurkjian

Chris Mortensen

Adam Schefter

good list. i was really bummed when they snatched schefter from the nfl network. they just buy anyone with talent out just so no one else can have them. it is a good strategy, but i feel like then the talent gets compromised if they just become on-air/talking head talent.

am i the only one concerned about their possible agendas and framing of stories?

Nope! But unless you can influence millions of American's viewing habits not much is going to change.

You are right to be concerned about it and you are not alone. But, ESPN is no different in this aspect than any other news outlet on TV. However there is one difference that should make ESPN a little less concerning than real news networks; they are dealing with sports and not more grave matters. CBS,NBC,ABC, FOX et al spin and frame stories. Yes, we should all be leary.

You are right to be concerned about it and you are not alone. But, ESPN is no different in this aspect than any other news outlet on TV. However there is one difference that should make ESPN a little less concerning than real news networks; they are dealing with sports and not more grave matters. CBS,NBC,ABC, FOX et al spin and frame stories. Yes, we should all be leary.

yeah. that is why it is so odd, though. it is just sports. nothing is on the line, other than money. but, they core group of fans will watch regardless.