**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

I don't think it's that hard to mostly come away from watching that with the idea it was intent. These guys are pros. They know where they are at on the ice. Guy like that turns the corner to pick up a rebound knows what he is in for when he charges and won't hesitate to get his shot. He has at least a stride or two going towards the goal while looking at the goal. There's no real effort to stop and/or avoid Backs and his stick is in the air so he's not in there to actually get a rebound, just cause chaos with his body. He isn't being hit by a Wild player, so the fall is on his own and his arms move through the goalie in a manner that appears to be intentful.

Now that doesn't 100% prove intent but given the circumstances (mostly the first handful of sentences) it is enough for me. Shanahan should know well enough the intent on a play like that.

Maybe I saw the replay too many times, who knows.

The slo-mo made it look worse than it really is. Backstrom was ill before the game started and also contributed to his leaving the game.

Like you said, he knew exactly what he was doing. Just gonna hard prove.

Thing is though, if nothing is done, it sets a bad precedent, and any douchebag can just careen into the goalie, and only get a couple mintues in the box...

This.

Kadri gets three games...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nazem-kadri-suspended-three-games-running-over-wild-224843646--nhl.html

Kadri gets three games... http://sports.yahoo....43646--nhl.html

Solid explanation. I only ever saw the highlights replay which just shows the one or two angles. I didn't even know his stick was up to deflect the shot. Had I seen those extra couple of angles, my analysis would have changed. I still would have maintained his required knowledge of proximity to the goal, direct hit vs glancing blow and as they say in the video the lack of an outside steering force. I like the breakdown of the impact and arm position, something I was trying to figure out and extrapolated on based on video and hits.

Wow, big win for the Av's tonight... I was just hoping this would be competitive and if we lost by just a goal, i'd have signed up for that, but whoooooooooaaaaa

The Rangers on the other hand, look just awful. They are wasting Lundquist's talents, and he's got to be pissed about it. They're soft and they can't score. and it's f*cking pathetic. This is almost as bad as the Rangers of the late 90's early 00's that were AWFUL...

Wow, big win for the Av's tonight... I was just hoping this would be competitive and if we lost by just a goal, i'd have signed up for that, but whoooooooooaaaaa

The Rangers on the other hand, look just awful. They are wasting Lundquist's talents, and he's got to be pissed about it. They're soft and they can't score. and it's f*cking pathetic. This is almost as bad as the Rangers of the late 90's early 00's that were AWFUL...

Watching the Rangers v. Stars. The Offense sucks. And for a team that plays Defense so much, you'd think they would be better at it.