**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

This is pretty smart!

In a game yesterday, the netminder for the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers saw his team turn the puck over at center ice, so he immediately toppled his own net to stop play.

The officials chose to award a penalty shot rather than give visiting Springfield a man-advantage, and I bet that was fine with Leggio. Instead of a 2-on-0, he merely had to face a 1-on-0—and he sent it wide with a pad save.

http://deadspin.com/brilliant-goalie-knocks-over-own-net-rather-than-face-a-1654148010

I was watching the Pen's broadcast of the game against the Jets before I came into work, and the two Pen's broadcasters were lauding Fleury's greatness, and I could only think to myself, "have these guys seen this guy fold in the playoffs"?

Yep. He had a career long shutout streak then promptly gave up three goals, one VERY late in the game to send it to overtime.

I was watching the Pen's broadcast of the game against the Jets before I came into work, and the two Pen's broadcasters were lauding Fleury's greatness, and I could only think to myself, "have these guys seen this guy fold in the playoffs"?

Yep. He had a career long shutout streak then promptly gave up three goals, one VERY late in the game to send it to overtime.

MLB just picked him up in our league... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

MLB just picked him up in our league... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

There's a sucker born every minute!