New opponent

You want order restored? Start scheduling a few more respectable opponents and take them to the woodshed. Its takes some to get some.

Completely disagree...

With USC on our non-conference schedule next year, we could schedule two Lincoln high schools for the other games and we would still get respect.

The number one thing I want in our non-conference schedule is to come out unscathed with enough respect from the voters to not rule us out of the BCS because of a weak schedule.

Scheduling Iowa when you already have a team that will have likely won the last 3 NCs on your schedule would be ludicrous. We don’t need that win to get into the BCS. Why not take an extra week to prepare for that game and have a scrimmage to work out any kinks and greatly reduce the risk of injuries? Don’t forget we have the Big 12 championship game. If we were in the Pac 10 then I might argue that you need a tougher non-conference schedule. It would suck to be Oregon this year and go 10-1 and not make a BCS bowl. I just don’t see that happening in the Big 12.

The case in the past was that no one wanted to come and play a game in lincoln. Especially early in the year as they knew it would be a a** whoppin. :box

So instead now when teams wouldnt mind scheduling us we still pick up the Troy/Troy St.'s of the world because that one game comming to lincoln will probably help their athletic department in a HUGE way. You wouldnt see us going to their stadium and playing them.

I think this is a huge reason that we schedule them.

It would be nice to have a team like Iowa or Colorado St. (or any team that is near us) that we could play every year. 

:yeah I would love a yearly Iowa vs NU game (home and away). The hawks could use the W's!!! :bounce:bounce:bounce

They gotta worry about beating ISU first!

Gotta worry about beating every opponent. :dumdum

Yes, ISU included. Intrastate rivalries have less to do with talent and much more to do with emotion. CSU/CU, FLA/FSU/MIAMI TU/TT/TA&M, AZ/ASU, Wash/WSU the list goes on and on..... Intrastate rivalries are tough and unpredictable with the "best" team not always the victor.

dedhoarsededhoarse But NU wouldn't know about that. :bang:bang:bang

Bring on the NU/Iowa series. :box:box

The HAWKS could use the W's!! :horns2:horns2:horns2

It would be nice to have a team like Iowa or Colorado St. (or any team that is near us) that we could play every year. 

:yeah I would love a yearly Iowa vs NU game (home and away). The hawks could use the W's!!! :bounce:bounce:bounce

They gotta worry about beating ISU first!

Gotta worry about beating every opponent. :dumdum

Yes, ISU included. Intrastate rivalries have less to do with talent and much more to do with emotion. CSU/CU, FLA/FSU/MIAMI TU/TT/TA&M, AZ/ASU, Wash/WSU the list goes on and on..... Intrastate rivalries are tough and unpredictable with the "best" team not always the victor.

dedhoarsededhoarse But NU wouldn't know about that. :bang:bang:bang

Bring on the NU/Iowa series. :box:box

The HAWKS could use the W's!! :horns2:horns2:horns2

Hmm and your point is??? So it's the Huskers fault that they dont play a innerstate rival against say UNO or Kearney State? Sorry again I fail to follow what exactly the point is your trying to make here.

Hmm and your point is???  So it's the Huskers fault that they dont play a innerstate rival against say UNO or Kearney State?  Sorry again I fail to follow what exactly the point is your trying to make here.

:wtf Since you missed it, the point (I already made) is IOWA has to worry about beating every opponent. Not just ISU.

To elaborate, unless ISU is the only team on the schedule, Iowa must worry about the others as well. NU needs to worry about ISU more than the hawks as the clones are in your conference.

To expound even further, ISU concerns Iowa more as an intrastate rivalry than anything else, hence my bloviation on the intrastate rivalry.

And no, if you read my post, you'll note that I never said it was NU's fault. You have one div 1A school and that isn't likely to change.

Thanks for playing. :horns2:horns2:horns2

:yeah  I would love a yearly Iowa vs NU game (home and away). The hawks could use the W's!!!    :bounce  :bounce  :bounce

This would never happen on a yearly basis. Iowa plays just as crappy a non confernce schedule as the Big Red every year. They play ISU and usually two sub par teams. They should at least play every ten years or so.

:rollin I never said it would happen.

:yeah I agree with you that it won't.

But I wish it would. I would think NU fans would love it as well. Both sides see it as sure wins!! :cheers

texass and usc will be tought games, but not that tought...vince young will not pull a leinert and head to the nfl, as will bush, linert, and white...there new qb's will be as green as field turf. GBR... BEAT MU 10-3

USC loses only one off their OLine. The line is one of the main reasons Leinart is so good. He never gets touched. A lot of people think Booty is better than Leinart and I don't think White is going anywhere. I think VY will stick around as well. He really wants the Heisman. I wouldn't be shocked if he left though. It looks like USC loses only 5 on defense, but if Carroll is still around they could lose the whole defense and they would still be good. He is a gamer. Don't kid yourselves, these are going to be almost impossible to win.

Iowa and Wyoming would be a good out of conference schedual for a couple of years starting in 2008. Close to home for all three teams, should let all their fans get to games and home in one day. Both programs put a good team on the field. Wyoming is never a sure "w" they have always played good football. Would look good to recruits on game day to see us playing Div-1 football teams. IMO..

GBR!!!