WR Jeremy Maclin

hello, I am confused - maclin to tech? he just decommitted from ou, he has visited cu & mo recently, he has two friends committed to UN (mcneil & freeman), tech & UN were not schools of interest for him until recently, so why the immediate prediction that tech is the school to beat? I think that his kid will take his time & will visit 3 other schools including tech & UN (cu & mo were official visits, & ou unofficial)

houston a gs? this kid has offers from or st, wa st, hi, mia, az, az st, ok st, ks st, & UN - why would he pay his way for a semester? he has mentioned before that he likes the wc, & that cold weather frightens him (though, UN has begun a sd connection now w/ congdon, holt, & west)

mouton like houston has mentioned that he likes the wc almost too much to leave it, which to me says usc, yet his father lives near baton rouge & he previously lived in louisiana - so, I thought that usc & lsu were his leaders - but, if usc & lsu are loaded at s - then maybe it is b/w mi & UN, then?

davis has not mention va enough for me to think that UN does not lead for him, since his visit & UN's fans were amazing to him, plus UN offers immediate playing time & he has said that distance is not a factor - so, why not UN over va? Plus, like you said va's coaching staff is dismantling & there will be ?'s there as who the replacements will be, & he has not accepted a visit to va, which has to be a positive for UN, right?

Player: Jeremy Maclin

Hometown: Kirkwood, MO

Position: WR

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 181

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, TExas Tech and Missouri

Favorites: Committed to Missouri

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #19/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: #67/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Had over 1,000 all-purpose that includes rushing, passing, returing and receiving. His junior year was even better. He's small, but very quick. Same mold as Terrance Nunn.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Needs to visit. I think this would Be a huge Pickup if the huskers can pull it off, HE DECOMMITED from Oklahoma, And is Currently looking at Nebraska, Mizzou, COlorado, Texas Tech

OU must be loaded with talent to be able to pull a scholarship because they vist another school.

texas pulled one of their scholarships that they had offered to a rb that went to Arizona on a trip. i heard that they told the kid it was a slap in the face to texas to visit another school after committing to them. no the rb is at UA.

OU must be loaded with talent to be able to pull a scholarship because they vist another school.

I don't think it was the trip itself, but he wasn't being completely upfront with the OU staff. I am sure that had more to do with it than the actual visit.

Last year, NU landed 4 star WR Chris Brooks. This year, NU is after another 4 star WR from Missouri, and ironically from the St Louis area. Jeremy Maclin received an inhome visit and with the grumblings iin Columbia about a possibility of Gary Pinkle being fired, this could play into Nebraksa's hands and push him to have a final 2 of Tech and Nebraska. With the help of Freeman and McNeil, NU could end up with him. Right now, it's a 50/50 shot between us and Tech. Will our Missouri recruits be enough to push us over the 50%? We will see

If Maclin visits, i like our chances. If he waits to schedule a visit and Purify pulls the trigger, count him out

• 2 weeks later...

Scholarships offered: Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, TExas Tech and Missouri

Rankings/Stars:

Assessing the talent: Had over 1,000 all-purpose that includes rushing, passing, returing and receiving. His junior year was even better. He's small, but very quick. Same mold as Terrance Nunn.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%

Rankings/Stars:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%

Don't be suprised if he ends up a Wildcat. Ron Prince is on him as we speak.

hello, this is the dead period for coaches, so prince is not on him (right now), but the troll is - freeman - who may be the worst recruit NU has ever tried to recruit, since he switched his verbal the evening before the dead period, which gave the coaches zero chance to speak w/ him (which had to be planned), & then preceded to call the other NU recruits & prospects & try to sway them toward ksu (while the NU's coaches remain completely defenseless) - prince does not need a complete staff to recruit w/ since he has freeman calling krehbohl, maclin, holt, mcneil, williams, clayborn, & wilson probably will also receive a call (I will put $ on that he sets a visit to ksu when the ksu coaches can met w/ him) after the dead period

freeman is definately making himself a marked man, since he was committed for so long & then turned the tables on NU, & then precedes to tear apart all that the NU staff has gathered & maintain w/ hard work & energy (what did NU do to tick this kid off? was it the mention of rs? - or was that concocted within his head?)

freeman = the troll

what say you?

If what you say is true, I say Freeman will be a hurting unit next year when the Huskers come callin'.

I wonder how Freeman will react if he gets to ride the bench a lot next year? Will he throw a tantrum and transfer?

Don't worry Josh, daddy will take care of everything; including screwing your career up. :dumdum

There's loopholes in the recruiting system that allow a coach to talk to a recruit directly. Here is the most common one.

Coach X send a text message to recruit Y to call him. Recruit Y calls coach X and coach X gives recruit Y recruit Z's phone number and recruit Y calls recruit Z to tell them that coach X wants to talk to them.

Another example. Coach X calls recruit Z's coach to have recuit Z call coach X

Right now untill January 1st, it's a dead period

Dead period - not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official or unofficial visits

But coaches are allowed to text message and are allowed to make 1 phone call per week to a recruit.