2001 Miami vs 1995 Nebraska

gin_32

Mills, you edited your comment just as I clicked "quote."

Let's just say I concur with your original post. And with your current post. TO > Coker. No question.

Legit opinion - I think 1997 Tennessee would have given 2001 Miami all the game they could handle. You want to compare rosters full of NFL stars, those are two pretty comparable rosters.

And TO's 1997 team thrashed that Tennessee team, and that 1997 Nebraska team wasn't as good as 1995 Nebraska.

Not really.

Let's just say I concur with your original post. And with your current post. TO > Coker. No question.

Legit opinion - I think 1997 Tennessee would have given 2001 Miami all the game they could handle. You want to compare rosters full of NFL stars, those are two pretty comparable rosters.

And TO's 1997 team thrashed that Tennessee team, and that 1997 Nebraska team wasn't as good as 1995 Nebraska.

Not really.

Peyton Manning. Raynock Thompson (sp?). Jamal Lewis. Pearless Price. Leonard Little. That's just off the top of my head. There was also Marcus Nash. Cant remember if he was drafted or not.

Not really.

Peyton Manning. Raynock Thompson (sp?). Jamal Lewis. Pearless Price. Leonard Little. That's just off the top of my head. There was also Marcus Nash. Cant remember if he was drafted or not.

Al Wilson, one of my favorite Broncos LBer's of all time was on that Tennessee defense I believe. Just thought I'd add him in there.

Not really.

Al Wilson, one of my favorite Broncos LBer's of all time was on that Tennessee defense I believe. Just thought I'd add him in there.

Yes sir. You are correct. I totally forgot about him while trying to determine if Marcus Nash fits in this category, and he in fact was drafted in the first round in '98 by none other than Denver.

what is funny about this Miami debate....are they really coming to Lincoln?

when I young....I saw Nebraska going to Miami nearly every season.. ...Now Miami is going to pull the plug of coming to Lincoln?

+1

I remember when the game was announced, couldn't believe it myself when I saw that Miami for once is getting off their lazy butts to come up here and play us. Really was unfair back in the day that we had to play them so much on their home turf with such huge stakes on the line.

when I young....I saw Nebraska going to Miami nearly every season.. ...Now Miami is going to pull the plug of coming to Lincoln?

+1

I remember when the game was announced, couldn't believe it myself when I saw that Miami for once is getting off their lazy butts to come up here and play us. Really was unfair back in the day that we had to play them so much on their home turf with such huge stakes on the line.

I only hope our fans treat them well..

+1

Yeah, I hope that, for once, Nebraska fans conduct themselves with class. This is my biggest worry with a visiting team - that we won't treat them well. Because we're so well known for being asshats to visitors.

:blink:

+1

When I went to the Rose Bowl to watchus lose to that 2001 Miami team, I was dreading running into Miami fans and having to hear them talk a buynch of shite. However, every one of the Miami fans I ran into in the 3 or 4 days leading up to the game were very polite and classy. I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently the fans who actually travel are much different than the personas of the players on the field. I would hope and expect that the Miami fans who come to Lincoln for the game in a couple years will be classy and knowledgable, and that it will be a good experience for Husker fans and Cane fans alike.

http://en.wikipedia....s_football_team

I count 18 players that went on to the NFL.

Compare that to Miami:

http://en.wikipedia....s_football_team

I count 39 players that went on to the NFL.

And a hell of a lot of 1st rounders. Some of them turned out to be very good players, moreso than Tennessee.

So, as I stated. "Not really"

27 for our 1995 cornhuskers and IIRC roughly the same # for our 1997 team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football_team

1997 Tennessee would still give 2001 Miami a pretty good game.

Perhaps. Hard to say... I think they would have given 2001 Miami a better game than 2001 Nebraska.

Agreed. That game remains an embarrassment to this day.

Of course, the most epic battle of all time would be 1995 Nebraska vs. 2001 Miami. If I had a college football magic wand, that's what I would conjure up.

Heck, I'd have them play best-two-of-three. That would be an awesome series of games.