D'Andre Fuller

Amac3309

This is one of those situations where one of two things is happening:

1) The coaching staff thinks they may have found a real gem that is under the radar. If this is the case, I am surprised that someone really is this far under the radar this late in the process.

2) They are thinking about making a stretch and getting him to come in and hopefully he turns out to be some thing. If this is the case, this is where I would hope they would take a chance on a more local kid.

Couldn't agree more, especially with that 2nd point. I think we have some deserving local kids in not only Nebraska but Iowa as well. If we really want to be succesful we have to get those local kids. All the years that we were great we usually had at least a handful of Nebraska kids who came in and worked harder than everyone else and had a passion for the university and the state that really fueled a lot of what was being done. I don't see a lot of that same passion from these out of state guys, in turn making me believe we need some of these in state athletes to remind them and push them, to show them what Nebraska football is about. If you want to be successful you have to make sure any and all in state talent stays here, period.

I would agree with you on the in state kids. But I think part of the reason for this is a general lack of div I talent in the state the last few years. I'm not for offering nebraska kids if they aren't good enough. We can't afford to waste any scholarships, we don't operate like the SEC cut kids that aren't producing.

• Fire 1

I would agree with you on the in state kids. But I think part of the reason for this is a general lack of div I talent in the state the last few years. I'm not for offering nebraska kids if they aren't good enough. We can't afford to waste any scholarships, we don't operate like the SEC cut kids that aren't producing.

How many of those Nebraska players we had from 1970-2001 were 5 or even 4 star recruits? Not many. It's called being a coach and developing the talent you are afforded. Nebraska has never been a hotbed for high profile recruits, but the athletic ability and faith these kids have in the program is what has created such a successful program. We are not and never will be one of those schools where 5 star recruits flock to.

How many of those Nebraska players we had from 1970-2001 were 5 or even 4 star recruits? Not many. It's called being a coach and developing the talent you are afforded. Nebraska has never been a hotbed for high profile recruits, but the athletic ability and faith these kids have in the program is what has created such a successful program. We are not and never will be one of those schools where 5 star recruits flock to.

NU had several high ranked classes that featured some of the best athletes in the country. NU can get 5 star talent. The trick isn't having a team of 5 stars the trick is having a bunch of high level 3 stars and 4 stars as your foundation and sprinkling in a few 5 stars to push you over the top. That appears to be the formula NU has used as well as an established walk on program that helps with depth and also gives us a few pleasant surprises.

NU had several high ranked classes that featured some of the best athletes in the country. NU can get 5 star talent. The trick isn't having a team of 5 stars the trick is having a bunch of high level 3 stars and 4 stars as your foundation and sprinkling in a few 5 stars to push you over the top. That appears to be the formula NU has used as well as an established walk on program that helps with depth and also gives us a few pleasant surprises.

If you read my post you'll notice I stated only that the Nebraska kids we brought in were not 5 stars. I Understand whole heartedly where you come from, but I think you misunderstood the angle I was getting at. What I was saying is that we have traditionaly never had 5 or even 4 star recruits in this state. We developed that underrated talent in to the stars they became, we channeled their love for this program, and created an enviroment in this state that doesn't require a 5 or 4 star rating.

I would prefer we save an available scholarship for next years smaller class than reach too far. The kid from Louisiana looks solid but other than that I hope we are done at the WR position

Thats kinda what im thinkin. Start off next years class with a bang and try and get some early buzz going.

I'm good with whatever Bo wants to do. People last year pissed and moaned about "reaching" for Leroy Alexander, and based on buzz from the practice field, he was one hell of a find by our staff. 5 or 6 years ago, Bo called up a recruit last minute and offered him a scholly that he jumped at. That recruit is now starting in the NFL (Dennard).

Trust our coaches' talent evaluation.

• Fire 1