Major Applewhite's "inappropriate" conduct with a Texas student athletics trainer

How is this NOT a big deal. A faculty member engaging in inappropriate relations with a student. That's a conflict of interest. He should have been let go. It's simply not professional and the fact that it happens at higher levels doesn't make it excusable.

A faculty member, eh? Wasn't sure the last time that I heard a football coach referred to as university faculty....

Also, he isn't her supervisor, doesn't fall anywhere in her line of supervision, and he does not evaluate her performance. I get that they're technically on the field together in support of the football program, but that would be like saying a professor couldn't hook up with a student who happened to take a class in the same building that he taught in.

If Applewhite hadn't been married, I guarantee that we would have never heard about this "incident".

If a professor had relations with a student regardless if he was in her class or not and was not tenured he would be let go. Even if the professor wasn't married more than likely they would fire him.

How is this NOT a big deal. A faculty member engaging in inappropriate relations with a student. That's a conflict of interest. He should have been let go. It's simply not professional and the fact that it happens at higher levels doesn't make it excusable.

A faculty member, eh? Wasn't sure the last time that I heard a football coach referred to as university faculty....

Also, he isn't her supervisor, doesn't fall anywhere in her line of supervision, and he does not evaluate her performance. I get that they're technically on the field together in support of the football program, but that would be like saying a professor couldn't hook up with a student who happened to take a class in the same building that he taught in.

If Applewhite hadn't been married, I guarantee that we would have never heard about this "incident".

If a professor had relations with a student regardless if he was in her class or not and was not tenured he would be let go. Even if the professor wasn't married more than likely they would fire him.

That is entirely and utterly untrue. Like, you couldn't be more off.

That is entirely and utterly untrue. Like, you couldn't be more off.

now of course they have to prove it. have you ever been to college?