#7 speaks

...Always a Husker - Frost blog

& Away We Go

Time & Space: Sorry for the hiatus. I’ll try to post two more blogs after this one.

Seven & Four: Let’s start with the end of the season. What a difference a game can make. I think that the Colorado game is what we have all been waiting to see. We went to Boulder last Friday and completely dominated the North Division champions. That is the first time this season that we have put it all together. From smash and curl routes to the flats vs. off corners to halfback option routes that isolated Cory Ross vs. linebackers, everything we did worked. We picked up their blitzes and made plays and we got to them with our pressure. We tackled well, blocked well, and played well on special teams. We obviously out-prepared, out-coached, and out-played CU. On top of that, we out-classed the Buffs and their missile-hurling fans. If that’s the product that our coaches put on the field, then I think almost everyone will be satisfied with the team. If we can play like that consistently, then most of the criticism will stop, at least the criticism of the coaches.

Jekyll & Hyde: The problem is going to be playing like that every week. I hope we’ve turned the corner and figured everything out. Maybe our young players just needed a year of growing pains to climb to the level that they found at Colorado. I just don’t understand how we can play so well against teams like Texas Tech and Colorado and play like an average team against Missouri, Kansas, and K-State. If we can build off the CU game and use it as a springboard for the bowl game and for next year, then we could be on our way to bigger and better things. The mark of a great program is consistency. Next year will show if we can find it.

San &tonio: Creative liberty. You’ve got to be happy for the players. Getting to go to a bowl game in a nice, warm city is the reward at the end of a season of hard work. It also gives fans a reason to go on vacation. Not going “bowling” last year was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people. And, they get to play Michigan. That game is only about eight years too late, but I think it’s a good match-up for us.

Seven thous&: The number of tickets that have reportedly been sold to Husker fans already. On top of that, you know that most of the tickets being sold in Texas are going to Husker fans that live down there. The turnout at the Alamo dome will prove how great the Nebraska fans are, and also show that even though a lot of us don’t agree with many of the things that have happened at the U, our support for the team will not waver.

Troy & Trojans & ?: Well, we all know that we play at USC next year. They’re losing the heart and soul of their team but will still be hard to beat in the coliseum. Now we’ve signed up to play Troy. They have been a decent team since moving up to division 1, but aren’t exactly a world beater. Those of you hoping to see us play a quality opponent at home next year are probably going to be disappointed. With the strength our schedule is going to have next year already, don’t be surprised if the administration schedules a couple of real patsies to ensure two wins to start the season. Wakefield High School is the Trojans, but unfortunately they’re schedule was already full. I think Cambridge may get the next call.

Bump, set, & spike: Good luck to the volleyball team as they make their way through the tournament. Hopefully they can bring a national championship home.

I can understand where he's coming from. Other than 1 great recruiting class, he hadn't seen much to get excited about when it comes to the direction of the program. The game against Colorado was great, but it remains to be seen if it is a sign that the team has finally turned the corner. A good effort in the bowl game would go a long way to prove that, as would more wins akin to the Colorado game next year.

Is it me or is this entry polar opposites with his previous entries?

Sounds to me like he still dont' believe in this staff which i don't either but gave players credit for beating cu but I dont know how much credit it deserves in beating cu whose players gave up on coach and were worst then maine. I mean texas could of scored 100 on them real easy.

Sounds to me like he still dont' believe in this staff which i don't either but gave players credit for beating cu but I dont know how much credit it deserves in beating cu whose players gave up on coach and were worst then maine.

That's a hell of a sentence. I commend you.

Sounds to me like he still dont' believe in this staff which i don't either but gave players credit for beating cu but I dont know how much credit it deserves in beating cu whose players gave up on coach and were worst then maine. I mean texas could of scored 100 on them real easy.

*blink*

Uh, perhaps you missed this line?

We obviously out-prepared, out-coached, and out-played CU.

Read it slowly. He didn't just credit the players, Einstein - he credited the coaching staff.

Ah yes I have heard of selective hearing but Benard has just created selective reading! Way to go you big stud! :dumdum

Sounds to me like he still dont' believe in this staff which i don't either but gave players credit for beating cu but I dont know how much credit it deserves in beating cu whose players gave up on coach and were worst then maine.

That's a hell of a sentence. I commend you.

Off topic, Dave: Your avatars always make me bust up laughing. I think your latest is the best one yet.

Ahhhh and the coaches care what Scott Frost thinks because of what exactly? That's what i thought

For a former fan, you sure hang around here a lot. One thing I have learned is that people who are against something speak much louder than people who are for it. You hear Scott Frost's opinions and a few other former players who are "disappointed" with the direction of the program. Yet you fail to recognize that Tenopir and McBride have said there is something special going on at the program now; that we have some of the best coaches in the country, etc. People hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe. Get over Frank being fired, or Steve Pederson being the A.D., or Callahan being the head coach. Whatever it is that bothers you or caused you to no longer be a Husker fan makes me wonder how much of a fan you were before. If you're a fan of the program you would think that you would be optimistic and supportive. If you're a fan of Frank and the old staff, then go support them instead.