Carr vs Callahan

It seems that we should follow FF and Benard. They are logical, insightful and certainly know what is best for the program. Let's start by demanding that C Perlman fire Peterson, then get rid of BC and all of this staff. Then let's beg Solich to return. We could then have the "traditional" program that these 2 guys want. Let's here and now rally around these 2 and give them plaudits that they deserve for saving this football team that is forever spiriling down.

Let's all hear it NOW!!!

It seems that we should follow FF and Benard. They are logical, insightful and certainly know what is best for the program. Let's start by demanding that C Perlman fire Peterson, then get rid of BC and all of this staff. Then let's beg Solich to return. We could then have the "traditional" program that these 2 guys want. Let's here and now rally around these 2 and give them plaudits that they deserve for saving this football team that is forever spiriling down.

Let's all hear it NOW!!!

... and the crowd goes mild.

"... meh..."

Trolling is trolling is trolling, and yes. What you do is considered trolling. Ill tell you what, if you can go back, to any post you have ever made, that says something to the effect of Wow, Callahan coached a good game, or wow, good job callahan for bringing in that recruit, than I will shut up. You are not the voice of reason. The voice of reason sees both sides of the issue. The voice of reason understands that Callahan has coached undeniably well in a few games, has done tremedous things recruiting, and is not a person completely deprived of any good traits, or negative ones for that matter, as Callahan has made coaching mistakes. Until you understand that you will continue to be a troll and be treated as such, so quit whining, my head is starting to hurt, and i would actually like to discuss relevant topics.

Let's all hear it NOW!!!

Umm no. Are you insane? After all the talent recruited by this staff, let Solich back in and have him look like a genius because these players are more talented then the coaching staff. I think not :rollin

Trolling is trolling is trolling, and yes. What you do is considered trolling. Ill tell you what, if you can go back, to any post you  have ever made, that says something to the effect of Wow, Callahan coached a good game, or wow, good job callahan for bringing in that recruit, than I will shut up. You are not the voice of reason. The voice of reason sees both sides of the issue. The voice of reason understands that Callahan has coached undeniably well in a few games, has done tremedous things recruiting, and is not a person completely deprived of any good traits, or negative ones for that matter, as Callahan has made coaching mistakes. Until you understand that you will continue to be a troll and be treated as such, so quit whining, my head is starting to hurt, and i would actually like to discuss relevant topics.

I have commended both the team and the coaches. First, after the ISU game, I was one of the first to commend the team on finally showing some improvement. Then, after the CU game, I said that it was the first complete game that this team has had in 2 years, well played in all 3 aspects, and backed up by a good gameplan(by the coaches[<--not an opinion]) . Even though their first class wasnt very good, and this year class looks suspect right now, I have stated on many occaisions that they did what seems to be a good job recruiting last year, as they had a very highly touted, highly rated class.

Did you not see those posts, or did you conveniently forget them??

Getting upset is one. Hell i got pissed off when the team lost to Kansas, WE ALL DID. Calling Callahan an A-hole and Pud a scumbag, that's flat out bashing.

Sorry, even though I dont remember calling him one (I probably did, just dont recall a specific time), but pud is a scumbag. There I said it now, are you happy?? He was recently voted the most hated man in Nebraska by Nebraskans, what does that tell you??

Calling billy c an a-hole was probably not the right thing to do, maybe a little over the line. I guess that after hearing the "we dont take what the defensive gives us, we take what we want" "just one game, just one season" when he said that he was "doing everything he could to change the traditions here", and the way he treated many former players and coaches, it kind of came across as being brash, conceited, and uncaring about the program in which I had so much pride in, so much respect in, and so much love for. I was pretty upset, it hurt.

Question: its not okay for me to call billy c an a-hole, but its okay for him to call OU fans "F-ing hillbillies" or for some "Husker fans" to call former players losers, ingrates, whiners, and quitters. Seems like a double standard to me, or as you might say, it makes you look like a "hipocrit."

You have never understood that and you never will.

And what you dont understand and never will is that billy c and pud are not, I repeat they are NOT Nebraska football. Yes, they are currently part of the program, but NU football was great before they were here, and will probably be better again when they are gone.

What you will never understand is that I can enjoy the game, enjoy the team, even though the coaches are not good, and the AD is an out-of-control ego-maniac.

The team and those who run it are not one-in-the-same.

Callahan's first class was last year. You cant count a recruting season that he was only around for half of, nor can you accredit it to Solich. I call BS on you second argument. You sometimes give credit to the players, but have NEVER given credit to the coaches. Here is a quote of one of your suposed commendations of the coaching staff

For the first time, this staff seemed to get its s^!t together, formulate a pretty decent plan, and they got their team to execute. Its about freaking time.

Hardly complementary. So the offensive gameplan against Iowa State sucked? Or the one against Baylor last year? Yes I READ your posts, and frankly, most of them (and when i say most i mean 90%) take a pot shot at the coaching staff or the athletic director, and the rest are in daily skin. THAT IS TROLLING.

Even though their first class wasnt very good, and this year class looks suspect right now, I have stated on many occaisions that they did what seems to be a good job recruiting last year, as they had a very highly touted, highly rated class

That makes no sense. Iam confussed. You say the first class wasn't very good and this years class looks suspect, but then you say they did a good job recruiting last year and had a highly touted recruited class?

have commended both the team and the coaches. First, after the ISU game, I was one of the first to commend the team on finally showing some improvement. Then, after the CU game, I said that it was the first complete game that this team has had in 2 years, well played in all 3 aspects, and backed up by a good gameplan(by the coaches[<--not an opinion]) .

What was being referred to was that even when you give a compliment, it's a backhanded compliment that usually has an insult buried in it. The example Stuckinchicago quoted you on was a dead on backhanded insult even if you think it's coming off as a compliment. Another thing is you said that you gave a compliment about the team finally showing signs of improvements over ISU, but then you come back and say "NU was 1 play away from losing it" and "NU barely won that game". Those are backhanded compliments. A compliment about the game would have been "the players and coaches did everything in their power not to lose the game". Football is as old as dirt. You win some games by dominating (Example: NU over Tennessee in 97), you win others by pure luck (EXAMPLE: 1997 NU vs Missouri). NU won it by some domination but in the end it came down to luck.

If that game is played in Ames, where NU hasnt played well recently, and NU doesnt have their "7-10 point home field advantage" NU doesnt win

Barely, and only by a dropped ball. Besides, ISU gets NU in Ames which is huge, cause NU hasnt fared too well in the past couple of meetings there. NU seems to have problems on the road the past 2 years, also.

Not that I disagree with you, but apparently pud did, isnt that why he made the coaching change??

Like I said, those are only opinions, not facts. We'll see in a few years whos right, and whos wrong. BTW, its the opinions of only two coaches. Where is the support from the rest of the former coaches??

billy c took a 10-3 team and turned them into a 5-6 team. At least UM has a winning record and is going to a bowl

I'll bet that NU never, ever, ever gets a Big12 championship or a BCS game with billy c as its coach. Theres a bold prediction.

If it werent for NU's D, they would have lost every game this year. And NU really doesnt return any "firepower" on its offense for next year. Herian and Swift are about as good as NU has for playmakers looking into next year.

Gee I dunno  McCarney took a team that was one of the bottom feeders and turned them into a team that contends for the North title and bowl every year.

billy c took a team that challenged for the North title every year and had a bowl game a lock every year, won conference and national titles, to a team that is peeing on itself to go to a bowl game, and one that has some of its fans dancing in the streets after one good game in 2 seasons.

Wow, so billy c had one highly rated class. It doesnt mean that he has developed them, it doesnt mean tht he has gotten the most out of those players. Im betting he wont.

If you want to specluate, I speculate that if Pelini, Cotton and the NU boys were back, NU would have been 9-3 last year, 11-1 right now going to the Cotton Bowl. Fun isnt it

I did not say that they were "overweight and slow". I merely mentioned that these coaches are not recruiting the same types of players that NU did when we were great and that they were not as fast as those great teams

I guess that the CU game made you totally forget the other 10 bad games that NU played this year. I was hoping for total improvement in quality of play, along with wins. If NU was beating teams decisively during those 7 wins, I would agree with you. Alot of the stats actually got worse.

I guess that 10 bad games are better than 11 bad games, theres your improvement

Have you bothered to watch any games from the past 2 years??? If so, do you think that the last 2 teams look anywhere remotely close to what we saw in the 90's??? Can you honestly say that?? Or do you not remember how dominant and fast those teams were. Those teams were all over the field, not just one guy, but 11 guys on every single play.

So youre cool with tied for 2nd in the North and being out of the top 25?? 

Is that what "REAL FANS" want??

Yeah, if billy c could cause that much damage in Oakland in that short of time, just imagine what NU will look like when he is gone.

Got a bad feeling that this is another streak that billy c will end

These quotes are only within the last 5 days. I don't have the time and energy to look up every single one of your posts and point it out. I think those quotes above give everyone the idea of where you stand.

I have a corection to make. You called Pud the A-hole not Callahan. But on top of being called an A-hole, you also called him a scumbag, a liar, a hipocrit amoung other things

Gee, just maybe, the fans who spend their hard earned money dont want to support a lying, egotistical a-hole for AD, and see that they are not getting any return on their investment with a bad coach??
Link

THE ONLY POSITIVE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD YOU SAY WAS THIS

I was listening to Fat Travis today  , and he mentioned that the 70-3 UT/CU game takes alot of the luster off of the NU/CU game.

I would disagree with him. While it puts the caliber of CU into perspective, IMO, it doesnt take away from NUs win over CU

That makes no sense. Iam confussed. You say the first class wasn't very good and this years class looks suspect, but then you say they did a good job recruiting last year and had a highly touted recruited class?

Yes, the 2004 class was not very good. Last years class was highly rated. This years class????

Obviously, there is no way to tell how good the class until they are gone, but I have serious questions about this years class <_<

I have a corection to make. You called Pud the A-hole  not Callahan. But on top of being called an A-hole, you also called him a scumbag, a liar, a hipocrit amoung other things

Cool, noted. :thumbs

Again, please answer the question that I asked earlier:

"its not okay for me to call billy c (or pud) an a-hole, but its okay for him to call OU fans "F-ing hillbillies" or for some "Husker fans" to call former players , no-talent, losers, ingrates, whiners, and quitters. Seems like a double standard to me, or as you might say a hypocrite."

Hardly complementary. So the offensive gameplan against Iowa State sucked? Or the one against Baylor last year?

BU last year frankly didnt mean much, it was BAYLOR :blink: As for ISU this year, the O did click a little better, but even with that they only managed 13 regulation points. Hardly reason for celebration, would you not agree?

its not okay for me to call billy c (or pud) an a-hole, but its okay for him to call OU fans "F-ing hillbillies

First off, it's not like Callahan took a MIC and said it over the PA system. I am also sure BC wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs "F-ing hillbillies" to the OU fans. He said it, someone heard it and it and it got blown out of context. He applogized for the comment and that to me says he knowns what he said was out of line regardless if someone heard him or not. That's all i need to hear.

On the other hand, a coach saying other fans are hillbillies is totally different then a fan who is calling his OWN coach/AD an a-hole.

On the other hand, a coach saying other fans are hillbillies is totally different then a fan who is calling his OWN coach/AD an a-hole.

:yeah I agree. The coach should be held to a higher standard, as he is supposed to be a role model for 17-23 year old young men. Just as many of you are ripping Solich (and rightfully so) for his last indiscretion (as he is a role model), a coach publicly lobbing obscenities at the fans of a rival team is much, much worse than a random fan calling a 50 yr old man an a-hole. Get it??

Again, you dodged the second part of that question, its not okay for me to call the coach/AD an a-hole, but its okay for supposed "real fans" to call former players (17-23 year old kids who gave up part of their lives for this program) or former coaches no-talents, losers, ingrates, whiners, and quitters?