Hits to the head ejection

i think i would be more willing to accept this if it was something that was reviewed after the game and the player would be suspended for the first half of the next game. this would allow for more scrutiny from fans and media, which hopefully cause the refs to make the right call. and then everyone guilty of an illegal hit will suffer the same consequence. i mean, basically the last few minutes of a game you can just fire away.

i do not think this is inherently a bad rule. but i do not trust the in-game decision making, nor do i like the inequitable application of lost game play.

• Fire 1

When I was watching college football 25 years ago we didn't see head slinging shots. It needs to be taken out of the game and get back to fundamental football. That will cut down on a lot of concussions, but obviously you can't eliminate such a thing since it can occur in your own home (getting a concussion). When you see players leaving their feet going for the head when they clearly could have made a normal football move it ruins the game.

Some of these "blah blah rantings" are most likely people who don't realize the newness of head slinging shots. Those types of hits started in the NFL several years ago and it needs to stop. And I am as die hard of a football fan as you can get.

This is probably the most inaccurate sentence I have ever seen posted on HB.

• Fire 1

When I was watching college football 25 years ago we didn't see head slinging shots. It needs to be taken out of the game and get back to fundamental football. That will cut down on a lot of concussions, but obviously you can't eliminate such a thing since it can occur in your own home (getting a concussion). When you see players leaving their feet going for the head when they clearly could have made a normal football move it ruins the game.

Some of these "blah blah rantings" are most likely people who don't realize the newness of head slinging shots. Those types of hits started in the NFL several years ago and it needs to stop. And I am as die hard of a football fan as you can get.

Actually it isn't. It wasn't as common....not even close. I'm not talking about the normal helmet to helmet stuff that happens on any given play, I'm talking about leaving the feet when the intent to hit the head.

Actually it isn't. It wasn't as common....not even close. I'm not talking about the normal helmet to helmet stuff that happens on any given play, I'm talking about leaving the feet when the intent to hit the head.

Check out these old NFL hits. Leading with the helmet or leaving the feet is not some new cutting edge concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kflEwPJgw

Check out these old NFL hits. Leading with the helmet or leaving the feet is not some new cutting edge concept.

OMG, an edited film....the horror. It wasn't as common. Any educated football fan knows that.

OMG, an edited film....the horror. It wasn't as common. Any educated football fan knows that.

It was as common, its just becoming a bigger deal because we are learning more about the effects of concussions/head trauma.

No point in arguing....you have your own opinion and I have over two decades of watching experience.

Things may be skewed from your mom's basement television with your bicycle helmet on.

Poor child, hate being wrong do you? Sucks to be you. Maybe your mommy can help support you some more!

My mom died in a freak meth accident.