I'm pretty sure that's what I have. I got it for like $20 through UNL. Shoulda sold it to make a few hundred but the copy said its illegal to do that.

Yep. And 'illegal' to do anything else with it according to MS. Even something like needing to reformat a hard drive will mean either pirating/hacking the version, or buying it again.

Right off the bat, my computer started downloading new updates for MO2013 which meant I couldn't even open the program. I actually uninstalled it then tried reinstalling the MO2010 but it couldn't verifiy the license so it closed out everytime I opened it. So I uninstalled MO10 again then reinstalled MO13. Right off the bat, both times, my computer started downloading updates. It doesn't even give you the option with the normal Windows Updates. It just updates. It's still updating. Haven't been overly impressed with it yet.

Arn't you really just leasing the program anyway? License renewal is no different than leasing any other product. I too use Open Office, free and has everything I need.

I'm not sure how that all really works. All I know is Uncle Sam worked a deal for Microsofts Home Use Program. It allows eligible people to "purchase" Microsoft Office for around $10.

BTW, MO2013 is still downloading and installing updates eyeswear2allthatsholy