Mike Johanns will not seek re-election

Mavric

"During these many years, we have cherished our time together. So as we think about the next stage of our lives, we want a quieter time with our focus on each other, our family and our faith. We are also confident that there will be many more opportunities to serve our state and our nation," said Johanns in a prepared statement.

OWH Article

If I may highjack this thread for a minute... On the subject of respectable politicians what are your guy's opinions on Hagel? I've always had a lot of respect for him not toeing the party line but that, along with modern politics, has really seemed to bite him here lately.

If I may highjack this thread for a minute... On the subject of respectable politicians what are your guy's opinions on Hagel? I've always had a lot of respect for him not toeing the party line but that, along with modern politics, has really seemed to bite him here lately.

Its a bit ironic that he is being vilified for the same things that were considered strengths a few years ago. And that some of the things he is being attacked for are positions that would be considered very mainstream today. I might not always agree with him, but I do have a great deal of respect for him.