'97 game

kramer

WOW, I am impressed.... All you Husker guys really "outfacted" another doubter.. I really don't need to respond at all..... Congrats fellow Huksers..... The more the UM supporters try to justify their argument, the deeper the hole they dig......

Keep em coming guys !!!

HANC you still want to play Iowa ? :cheers

You guys care WAY too much about this. All these factoids summarily PROVE... nada. You can't be so sure of what would happen. Which team would show up for each team? The one that squeaked by Missouri (Nebraska) or Washington State (Michigan)... or the ones that pounded Tennesee and Penn State? Nobody can say for sure and in truth all these factoids are how do you say "the spinning of the wheels."

Thankfully we'll at least be able to see who's the better team this year since there will actually be a game to conclusively decide that.

The TRUTH is that each person in here is biased in one way or another. There's not a Husker fan in here that would admit that Michigan would have won and there's not a Wolverine fan that would admit that Nebraska would have won-- that and each side thinks the other side is crazy for not seeing it from their perspective.

With that said, please continue on with the incessant "did you know" overanalysis of statistics and biases that conclusively proves squat. I think both had great teams and frankly there's no way to REALLY know since they never actually went head-to-head.

The only unbiased source to use would be the computers and the oddsmakers - both of which had Nebraska as the better team -

Nebraska was a different animal - Osborne at the end of his career was not going to be out-coached by anyone especially Lloyd Carr

In big games Nebraska would simply destroy whomever they would play

The 2 teams they played that finished in the Top 10 - Nebraska beat by by 25 and 30 points -

I consider Michigan back then alot like PSU this year -a team that played above its talent level but never had to play a GREAT team to get exposed

Had PSU not lost to Michgan this year in the final seconds - PSU fans would be screaming that they deserve to play in the Rose Bowl - although everybody knows that either Texas or USC would destroy them -

Now if ABC/ESPN had a bowl game that PSU was to play in and Tex/USC was on a opposite channel- you better believe that they would make Penn State appear to be as good as those teams although everybody knows that NOT to be the case

It was no different is 1997

Yeah there is, Our team was better, no matter how you look at it, and wins the national title against you 95 out of 100 times. Therefore, we were more deserving of the national title. Simple stuff.

Am I talking to an adult here? This sounds like idiot jabber you hear on the school bus when you're a kid. Let's see, I can play this game too...

The only reason Nebraska got a share of the title is because they cheated to win the game against Missouri.

The ball was illegally kicked in the end zone and should have been an incompletion- therefore Missouri wins the game and Nebraska finishes the season with a loss. There is no dispute then on Michigan's outright championship.

There won't be a single Husker fan in here that will agree, because any good fan wouldn't admit to it. BUT I know deep in your heart-of-hearts it pains you because it's devestatingly true.

Oh yeah.. if there was a game, Michigan wins it 100 out of 100 times.

Michigan is better no matter how you look at it... gosh, where have I heard that before? :sarcasm

Seriously, no one could know the outcome... except for me because God told me through divine thought that Michigan would have won the game 105-0. He also told me that you cheated to score that 0 somehow. I think it should've been more like 105-(-17).

If this post curdled your blood- then good... that's about how ridiculous you sound.

Yeah there is, Our team was better, no matter how you look at it, and wins the national title against you 95 out of 100 times. Therefore, we were more deserving of the national title. Simple stuff.

Am I talking to an adult here? This sounds like idiot jabber you hear on the school bus when you're a kid. Let's see, I can play this game too...

The only reason Nebraska got a share of the title is because they cheated to win the game against Missouri.

The ball was illegally kicked in the end zone and should have been an incompletion- therefore Missouri wins the game and Nebraska finishes the season with a loss. There is no dispute then on Michigan's outright championship.

There won't be a single Husker fan in here that will agree, because any good fan wouldn't admit to it. BUT I know deep in your heart-of-hearts it pains you because it's devestatingly true.

Oh yeah.. if there was a game, Michigan wins it 100 out of 100 times.

Michigan is better no matter how you look at it... gosh, where have I heard that before? :sarcasm

Seriously, no one could know the outcome... except for me because God told me through divine thought that Michigan would have won the game 105-0. He also told me that you cheated to score that 0 somehow. I think it should've been more like 105-(-17).

If this post curdled your blood- then good... that's about how ridiculous you sound.

Yeah that sounds pretty reasonable to me. Lets be honest, God does work in mysterious ways. I also had a vision about this years Alamo Bowl, Michigan came out on top by 95, not quite as solid of a victory, but definately a modest win.