GT: Iowa at Nebraska - 1PM - BTN2Go

Was at the game today. Iowa fans confirmed massive douches. But then, we already knew that.

Any stories you'd like to share? I got a text saying that an iowa fan was complaining after he was hit with a snowball

Most I interacted with were arrogantly condescending and boisterous for the first 32 minutes and strangely mute for most of the remainder.

Was at the game today. Iowa fans confirmed massive douches. But then, we already knew that.

Any stories you'd like to share? I got a text saying that an iowa fan was complaining after he was hit with a snowball

Most I interacted with were arrogantly condescending and boisterous for the first 32 minutes and strangely mute for most of the remainder.

Yup. We were squarely in a hawkeye section. Guys jumping up, fist-pumping about going up by 19 on the #145 Kenpom team in the nation, and making smug comments about how many Hawkeye fans were in Devaney (not that many. Maybe 15% Hawkeyes).

The 2nd half largely shut them up, except, of course, for them blaming the comeback on the officials.

As far as the snowball throwing - I saw a bunch of Nebraska students and early 20s guys walking around the concourse, shoving Iowa fans and yelling "NIT NIT NIT" ...so we were equally guilty of being douchey. God I hate frat kids.

I think this is an impressive win for Nebraska myself. Iowa is rebuilding as well BUT their program is in their 3rd year while ours is in the first & with a short roster. I really like what the staff is doing and how the players are playing overall. Players are playing to their strengths. I commend the players for their effort. I thought they had given up in that first half, but I was wrong. Hat's off to them.

I can't wait to add in next years players and play in the new arena. I am thinking Hawkins will be kind of like Talley in that he can give you a big ball handler that can shoot. Biggs will be a really nice addition as he can break you down. He gives us a little more size than Benny. I think Benny can redshirt and put on some muscle. Webster is another guy who can handle the ball and has very good size. He can also play the 2 with Gallegos as he is a high% bomber. Petteway is going to be a really fun player and I think could be used in any wing spot. I think he and Shields are very similar in their game. Petteway is probably more athletic but Shields is probably a little better shooter. Fuller is a great shooter. Pitchford is going to be a bit different than Ubel & Andre in that he is more of a face up athlete. He will bring something new to Nebraska that we haven't had since Mikki Moore. If we can fill the last 1 or 2 spots with size to defend & rebound, this team will make a huge leap forward. I think Serge should redshirt.