Ameer Abdullah out with tweaked knee

With Ameer out, looks like Cross and even Frazier will get a lot of touches this spring.

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC Injury notes: Ryne Reeves ankle injury. Will miss rest of spring. Abdullah could also be out rest of spring with tweaked knee. #Huskers

Brian Christopherson @HuskerExtraBC Bo not worried about Abdullah injury long term. "Let's face it, Ameer didn't need a lot of carries this spring," Bo said. #Huskers

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH In Abdullah's absence, look for Imani Cross to get more work and King Frazier to perhaps work some with the 1s. #huskers

Turn a negative into a positive. Bo's right, Ameer didn't really need a lot of carries. Wish him the best in his recovery. Are either of the frosh RBs enrolled for Spring ball? If not, this is a great opportunity for Cross & Frazier, and any other guys who are looking to make the jump.

Turn a negative into a positive. Bo's right, Ameer didn't really need a lot of carries. Wish him the best in his recovery. Are either of the frosh RBs enrolled for Spring ball? If not, this is a great opportunity for Cross & Frazier, and any other guys who are looking to make the jump.

That's the thing. There are only 2 true I-Backs behind Ameer until the freshmen get here this summer.

When I first heard about Braylon transferring, I was saddened, and thought he had a really good chance to push to the #1 spot, or get a very good amount of carries. Now with it being two months since it has been released, I wish him the best, and I could care less to see him in a Nebraska jersey. You decided to transfer because you didn't want to fight for your role and you have your release papers signed now, the only thing left to do is leave. Best of luck to you Braylon. You gave Cross, Frazier, Adams and Newby that opportunity to shine, and they can all thank you for that.

We have 4 RB's behind Ameer. I don't think Braylon is that big of a loss, as far as depth. With a mixture of Janovich, it makes it even better. This just shines a light to the Freshman coming in, that they could have even more of an impact earlier on, than they initially expected. The RB position isn't exactly a position where you can't start out a Freshman, so experience is not what I am worried about. As long as Frazier, Adams and Newby can secure the ball, give it to them.

Abdullah will come out fine and stronger than ever. He will have plenty of time to rest and heal, unlike Burkhead did. He had the pressure to need to play, because of his team and it being his Senior year. If Rex's injury would have happened during the off season, we would have seen him at 100%, like he is now. Best of luck to Abdullah to healing! GO BIG RED!

When I first heard about Braylon transferring, I was saddened, and thought he had a really good chance to push to the #1 spot, or get a very good amount of carries. Now with it being two months since it has been released, I wish him the best, and I could care less to see him in a Nebraska jersey. You decided to transfer because you didn't want to fight for your role and you have your release papers signed now, the only thing left to do is leave. Best of luck to you Braylon. You gave Cross, Frazier, Adams and Newby that opportunity to shine, and they can all thank you for that.

We have 4 RB's behind Ameer. I don't think Braylon is that big of a loss, as far as depth. With a mixture of Janovich, it makes it even better. This just shines a light to the Freshman coming in, that they could have even more of an impact earlier on, than they initially expected. The RB position isn't exactly a position where you can't start out a Freshman, so experience is not what I am worried about. As long as Frazier, Adams and Newby can secure the ball, give it to them.

Abdullah will come out fine and stronger than ever. He will have plenty of time to rest and heal, unlike Burkhead did. He had the pressure to need to play, because of his team and it being his Senior year. If Rex's injury would have happened during the off season, we would have seen him at 100%, like he is now. Best of luck to Abdullah to healing! GO BIG RED!

who is adams?

who is adams?

Adam Taylor, he meant.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, my bad I put a "s" on the end of it. Is that all you have done is correct 91 posts of other users in a 7 year period?

given there is over 100 players on the football team and i really didnt feel like looking over it, i thought i'd ask for clarification.

and sorry for not being a post whore like others.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, my bad I put a "s" on the end of it. Is that all you have done is correct 91 posts of other users in a 7 year period?

given there is over 100 players on the football team and i really didnt feel like looking over it, i thought i'd ask for clarification.

and sorry for not being a post whore like others.

I would have said Taylor, but there are people who thought I would be talking about Martinez and would have gone on a correction rampage.

Adam Taylor- 2013 RB Commit to Nebraska.

>Click for Rivals Info<

who is adams?

Adam Taylor, he meant.

He was correcting my spelling by me accidently putting an "s" at the end. Maybe I should go around correcting people's mistakes to get my post count up too :)

I'd say since you used the other 3's last names...he was looking for a running back w/ the last name Adams.

And why bash the post count - not all of your 1600 have been gems, just like I have plenty of sh!t to my count as well :P