Jackson to play reciever

Unless he shows something really good at WR in the next few weeks, there's no way he's going to be playing WR in the bowl. He needs the off-season to learn the plays, get used to playing the position, etc.. If he does show a little bit though, they may put him in to a few plays, but certainly not very many. We're not like in an urgent situation at WR.. we have Peterson, Swift, Nunn, Hardy, not to mention Ross and Lucky out of the backfield.

I think he can be effective though given some time to develop at the position. However.. at 6'2" he's not exactly the type of receiver we're looking for.. we're more tryin' to get the 6'3-6'5 range. So, unless he shows some good talent there in the offseason, we may be lookin at him moving somewhere else.. again.

from the story inthe OWH he has been used on the scout team during the practice before a game as a reciever to help get the defense ready.

as for his size, which one of all of our recievers is bigger then 6-2 210lbs?

if he has hands and can catch the ball he will be a very good player.

i predict he plays in the Alamo bowl on some reverse type plays.

the paper also said that he wants to be a woodsen type player and play both ways.

we'll have to wait and see.

Forget size, Jackson has the kind of speed we are looking for in a receiver.

Im not so sure about that. From the guys theyve recruited, it seems like this staff is trying to get the 6'4" 4.7-40 type guys.

We have lacked a legitimate deep threat all year with herian out. We need someone to stretch the field to open up the underneath plays.

:yeah Something that I dont quite understand. Fluellen is a great sprinter, Hardy was supposed to be able to stretch the field, and I thought that LeFlore had pretty good wheels, too <_<

Remembering back on Walsh's WCO, I dont remember them using the TE as a deep threat. Thats what guys like John Taylor, Freddie Solomon, and Renaldo Neiamah (sp??) did.

I remember Brent Jones being kind of a "check off" guy who found seems 8-15 yards out.

Forget size, Jackson has the kind of speed we are looking for in a receiver.

Im not so sure about that. From the guys theyve recruited, it seems like this staff is trying to get the 6'4" 4.7-40 type guys.

We have lacked a legitimate deep threat all year with herian out. We need someone to stretch the field to open up the underneath plays.

:yeah Something that I dont quite understand. Fluellen is a great sprinter, Hardy was supposed to be able to stretch the field, and I thought that LeFlore had pretty good wheels, too <_<

Remembering back on Walsh's WCO, I dont remember them using the TE as a deep threat. Thats what guys like John Taylor, Freddie Solomon, and Renaldo Neiamah (sp??) did.

I remember Brent Jones being kind of a "check off" guy who found seems 8-15 yards out.

troll.gif