GT: #10 Nebraska vs #7 Purdue - 5:30PM - ESPN2

Some interesting stats I just came across: Nebraska is now 7-0 in games decided by five points or less this season. Tim Miles also becomes the first Husker coach to win a tournament game in his first season.

Good omen, I hope? When you consider Miles is the first Husker coach to win his first road game (against Wake Forest) in his first year since 1919, it's hard not to be impressed by those stats. Baby steps. But it's progress, nonetheless.

Huskers upset Purdue to advance in Big Ten tourney

By Lee Barfknecht / World-Herald Staff Writer

<snip>

“We were picked dead last by everybody but my mom,” Miles said. His mom didn't have a vote in the preseason poll. But of the 24 sportswriters who did, 23 put Nebraska last. That's why Miles called Thursday night “a program win.”

“We at least outperformed that expectation,” he said. “Sometimes you've got to creep to crawl to walk to run. That's the point we're at right now. We're trying to get this team to understand the process.”

LINK

An interesting tangent. I was in Vegas for a couple of days this week (and of course, had to at least LOOK at some odds) !

The odds for Nebraska winning the B!G Tourney were 125 -1 ........dead LAST of all teams. Northwestern and Penn St were 100-1 and Purdue at 65-1. Hard to understand since we certainly were NOT the worst team in the conference and have beaten NW and PS. :dunno

An interesting tangent. I was in Vegas for a couple of days this week (and of course, had to at least LOOK at some odds) !

The odds for Nebraska winning the B!G Tourney were 125 -1 ........dead LAST of all teams. Northwestern and Penn St were 100-1 and Purdue at 65-1. Hard to understand since we certainly were NOT the worst team in the conference and have beaten NW and PS. :dunno

Yeah, that's weird. It's probably more about putting the spread where half the money is bet each way. Rather than expected outcome.