Nebraska vs Alabama—Comparison of Dynasties

Not sure if it is relevant to team greatness, but Bama needed help from other teams in 2011 and 2012 just to reach the title game. In 2011 I thought Oklahoma St deserved the shot and in 2012 I wish anyone else had got it.

In the poll era Bama is competing for votes in 2009 and 2011. And 2009 Bama is co-champs with Boise State anyway :D

We all have our bias but I'd like to say that having viewed both 5 year periods, I would think any honest person, if he had to bet his life on it, would say NU was by far more dominant. Let's go back to the the Scott Frost speach after NU destroyed UTenn in 97 - to the coaches - what team would they rather play if their career depended on them winning - of course the coaches voted in response by saying they would rather not be playing NU instead of Michigan. An honest person looking at NU and Mich in 1997 would have to say - NU was the best - by far. I think the same gut check rule applies here. I can honestly believe that some other teams might have a greater overal tradition but in the same way, I don't think any team had a greater 5 year period then NU did and our record in the period between 1962-2001 is the greatest 40 year run in the history of the sport.

I wonder,,,, what if TO didn't promise the job to Frank, and stayed for another six or seven yrs. The four yrs after he retired weren't to bad... (his recruits). Osborne got pretty much any recruit he wanted. We all know that the Huskers would have continued to play for the NC on a regular basis. So the argument that Saban isn't done yet, doesn't hold much water with me. His record over his current run isn't close the Osborne's. So even if he stays at bama. He'll have a ways to go to play for as many NC as TO did.

Husker fan over 50 yrs. Only one team I've witnessed on TV or live, had a chance to beat the 95 Skers, Which would be the 83 Skers, and I'd have to give the edge to the 95 squad. I'd have to say the D was stronger in 95. GBR. (I did consider the 2000 Miami team, but in the end, Huskers win)

I wonder,,,, what if TO didn't promise the job to Frank, and stayed for another six or seven yrs. The four yrs after he retired weren't to bad... (his recruits). Osborne got pretty much any recruit he wanted. We all know that the Huskers would have continued to play for the NC on a regular basis. So the argument that Saban isn't done yet, doesn't hold much water with me. His record over his current run isn't close the Osborne's. So even if he stays at bama. He'll have a ways to go to play for as many NC as TO did.

Husker fan over 50 yrs. Only one team I've witnessed on TV or live, had a chance to beat the 95 Skers, Which would be the 83 Skers, and I'd have to give the edge to the 95 squad. I'd have to say the D was stronger in 95. GBR. (I did consider the 2000 Miami team, but in the end, Huskers win)

Some would say the 71 Huskers may have given the 95 team a run for their money. Very good defense and Johnny Rogers and Kinney and Tagge on O. I saw, I believe an Sporting News poll from a few years back rainking that team # 3 overall behind 95 Team and one of the recent USC teams - I think the year before they lost to ut in the NCG.

Some would say the 71 Huskers may have given the 95 team a run for their money. Very good defense and Johnny Rogers and Kinney and Tagge on O. I saw, I believe an Sporting News poll from a few years back rainking that team # 3 overall behind 95 Team and one of the recent USC teams - I think the year before they lost to ut in the NCG.

Perhaps the 2005 Trojans should be ranked over the 04 team regardless of the result, it was mostly the same players. Regrettably, the Southern Cal run from 02 to 08 will go down as one of the dynasties.

Perhaps the 2005 Trojans should be ranked over the 04 team regardless of the result, it was mostly the same players. Regrettably, the Southern Cal run from 02 to 08 will go down as one of the dynasties.

Why would you say so? The 2004 team vastly outperformed the 2005 team, even though the latter had more hype and attention. I mean...I guess an argument could be made both ways, but the 2004 team actually won the championship, and did so in dominating, elite fashion.

Why would you say so? The 2004 team vastly outperformed the 2005 team, even though the latter had more hype and attention. I mean...I guess an argument could be made both ways, but the 2004 team actually won the championship, and did so in dominating, elite fashion.

Winning all the games is a function of a lot of things such as strength of schedule, turnovers, and extra downs. We've had a few 1 loss teams that were better than our undfeated teams.

Plus the 2004 Trojans only had to vacate half of their title :D