Ways that Nebraska Has Pioneered

I think we are the first wt 2 back to back championships in a 25 year period.

Correct. Only Bama has done the same, but we got ours first.

I think we're the winningest program since WW2.

We might be the first program to fire a coach who never won less than 9 games every year as a HC.

Theres a Joe Gibbs quote out there somewhere about Tom Osborne being the first coach to start pulling guards. Or at least thats who Gibbs said who he replicated.... Not sure how true, or if its true, if TO was the first to start pulling guards. Older fans might be able to shed more light on that? Maybe it was just one specific play?

The walk-on program deserves a mention, if it hasn't already.

We were the only team to beat Notre Dames "Four Horsemen", and we did it twice.

The "Fumble-rooskie".

Does anyone know if the stuff like the ipads in the lockers had been done by anyone else before? Or the indoor practice facility?

I think the Hendricks Complex deserves mention here as far as pioneering - who else in the country can match it?

I have not seen any videos of other major programs putting iPads in their locker room like Nebraska has. I'm going to ask around on the forums to see if any program has. I know that recruits like it....even landed a recruit because of them, but I can't remember who it was.

0 chance we landed a recruit because of iPads. it's cool, but there were 100 things on the recruit's list before a 3 year old iPad mounted in a locker - and I certainly wouldn't consider iPads in a locker "pioneering"

wholesale-short-school-bus-tp_3922472903304101158.jpg

Does anyone know if the stuff like the ipads in the lockers had been done by anyone else before? Or the indoor practice facility?

I think the Hendricks Complex deserves mention here as far as pioneering - who else in the country can match it?

I have not seen any videos of other major programs putting iPads in their locker room like Nebraska has. I'm going to ask around on the forums to see if any program has. I know that recruits like it....even landed a recruit because of them, but I can't remember who it was.

0 chance we landed a recruit because of iPads. it's cool, but there were 100 things on the recruit's list before a 3 year old iPad mounted in a locker - and I certainly wouldn't consider iPads in a locker "pioneering"

There was a recruit that noted the iPads as what stuck out to him over the other schools he visited. I just can't remember who it was.

There was a recruit that noted the iPads as what stuck out to him over the other schools he visited. I just can't remember who it was.

Of course you can't. There was also a recruit that noted the tropical weather as his reasoning, another liked how girls walked around campus in bikinis, and yet another enjoyed the large stack of cash left on his bed. I just can't can't remember who they were.

This article goes over some of the information.... http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5312405

The thing is, there is no longer an edge in weight training anymore as all major programs across the country do the same lifts. The school that pioneers the next big thing will be the team that gets the competitive edge. I hope what Nebraska is building right now will be the next big thing.

You mean like EliteForm software that is partnered with University of Nebraska Strength and Conditioning program that is bringing the next generation of training to athletes and coaches?

I think we are pioneers and will continue to be for a long time.

Yep, that is part of it. Here is a video I watched